Author Topic: 2009 Membership - "Total Tiger"  (Read 33283 times)

Ramps

Re: 2009 Membership - "Total Tiger"
« Reply #255 on: March 13, 2009, 06:59:54 PM »
RFC should not be publishing the split between ticketed and non ticketed members. There should only be 1 number reflecting the total membership of the club and that is ticketed + non ticketed = total member number. Thats the number that should be on the website only.

The split should only be needed for internal club consumption and should not be on the official club website.
Agree Ramps. That's what Essendon do. The AFL can publish their farcicial figures later on in the year.

We all agree except the club ... its about time they did something about this issue. And the solution is simple as stated above.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #256 on: March 13, 2009, 08:02:21 PM »
RFC should not be publishing the split between ticketed and non ticketed members. There should only be 1 number reflecting the total membership of the club and that is ticketed + non ticketed = total member number. Thats the number that should be on the website only.

The split should only be needed for internal club consumption and should not be on the official club website.
Agree Ramps. That's what Essendon do. The AFL can publish their farcicial figures later on in the year.

We all agree except the club ... its about time they did something about this issue. And the solution is simple as stated above.
True. Perhaps the club is trying to stay in the AFL's good books  ???.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #257 on: March 14, 2009, 03:02:00 AM »

I think there is something in the clubs constitution regarding membership voting rights which affects the way RFC report membership numbers.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #258 on: March 14, 2009, 03:15:15 AM »

I'd love to believe that. The membership system not being universal is a farce.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #259 on: March 14, 2009, 04:45:56 AM »
When more expensive non-ticketed memberships are not counted while cheaper ticketed ones at other clubs are it is indeed a farce Magic as you say. The Tiger Insider costs $76. The 3-game Pies ticketed membership is $75 as does the Hawks' 4-game Tassie one. Their 1-game Tassie membership is just $60 or thereabouts. It's a load of crock!  ::).

I think there is something in the clubs constitution regarding membership voting rights which affects the way RFC report membership numbers.
All I know is our non-ticketed members also have voting rights provided they are 18 or over. I couldn't find anything in the club's constitution unless it's been altered in the past couple of years.

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=379.0

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #260 on: March 14, 2009, 09:14:20 AM »
All I know is our non-ticketed members also have voting rights provided they are 18 or over. I couldn't find anything in the club's constitution unless it's been altered in the past couple of years.

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=379.0

100% correct
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #261 on: March 14, 2009, 12:23:41 PM »
Perhaps this needs to be brought to the clubs attention via a pertion(sp?) or at the next AGM because as it currently stands it is a poor reflection on the club and an unfair advantage for the other clubs over us. We have been a known as a smaller club for years on the back of incorrect comparison figures and worst of all losing potential sponsorship, TV coverage, ground deals and even possible trades because of it.

Time to make a change

Stripes

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #262 on: March 14, 2009, 12:33:33 PM »
Perhaps this needs to be brought to the clubs attention via a pertion(sp?) or at the next AGM because as it currently stands it is a poor reflection on the club and an unfair advantage for the other clubs over us. We have been a known as a smaller club for years on the back of incorrect comparison figures and worst of all losing potential sponsorship, TV coverage, ground deals and even possible trades because of it.

Time to make a change

Stripes

Totally agree, it needs to be fixed!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #263 on: March 14, 2009, 12:35:25 PM »
I have had a bitch in here recently about the Qld members losing out by having the 'home' game status applied to a Melbourne game and not the Gold Coast game in July.  Well, I need to acknowledge the club and the reality of the situation.  Talking to a mate last night who is also a member and he rang the club to ask about the situation - seems that Qld members can nominate a Melbourne home game to replace the Gold Coast game and thus retain their home game entitlement for the local match up here.  He did this and was then told his ticket is already "on it's way too him" so I will be making the call myself on Monday and will let you know the outcome.  Only seems fair and good on the club if it turns out to be true.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #264 on: March 14, 2009, 01:28:26 PM »

Time to make a change

Stripes

Totally agree, it needs to be fixed!
Has the club ever given a reason for it? Perhaps we need to email the club en masse explaining this farce.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #265 on: March 16, 2009, 02:42:09 PM »
I have had a bitch in here recently about the Qld members losing out by having the 'home' game status applied to a Melbourne game and not the Gold Coast game in July.  Well, I need to acknowledge the club and the reality of the situation.  Talking to a mate last night who is also a member and he rang the club to ask about the situation - seems that Qld members can nominate a Melbourne home game to replace the Gold Coast game and thus retain their home game entitlement for the local match up here.  He did this and was then told his ticket is already "on it's way too him" so I will be making the call myself on Monday and will let you know the outcome.  Only seems fair and good on the club if it turns out to be true.
How did you go smokey?

Here's what the RFC site says:

What if I am a country or interstate member and want to attend the Gold Coast game?
As part of your membership you are able to nominate 5 home games you would like to attend. You can choose to nominate the Gold Coast game. All you need to do is call Member and Supporter Services on 1300 136 605.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Membership/FAQs/GoldCoastQuestions/tabid/13478/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #266 on: March 18, 2009, 10:07:51 PM »
Latest membership figures with thanks to WP at the season launch....

Ticketed:   33k

Combined: 41k

:thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #267 on: March 18, 2009, 10:46:29 PM »

I can't see us now only getting 35k ticketed if we've got 33k already and there's still another week until round 1. We should now be aiming for 40k ticketed and 50k combined. A win first up would get the bandwagon really kicking along.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #268 on: March 18, 2009, 11:07:04 PM »

That's truly awesome. The Giant is awakening.
Now to put in the performance!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #269 on: March 19, 2009, 07:24:55 AM »

March said last night at the launch that at the close of business yesterday they had 33K and something ticketed members and with other members took us to over 41k TOTAL MEMBERS

Amazing stuff
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)