Author Topic: 2008 Brownlow thread  (Read 5598 times)

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: 2008 Brownlow thread
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2008, 11:05:16 PM »
average games against crap sides freo and melb killed him..
ESAD cooney....

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2008, 11:06:54 PM »
Forgot Simmo who also got 1 vote. Not too bad. 16 Tigers getting at least a vote.

Congrats to Cooney.

Ramps

« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2008, 11:13:47 PM »
I was hoping for a miracle win, I knew when r21 had finished that richo wouldnt win...what a great effort from a 33 yo who missed a couple of games.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2008, 11:17:08 PM »
I was hoping for a miracle win, I knew when r21 had finished that richo wouldnt win...what a great effort from a 33 yo who missed a couple of games.

every fcuki.n year we play the dees he smashes them except for this year.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ox

« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2008, 11:19:42 PM »
I screamed my nut out when i heard "3 votes............J.Bowden :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 11:20:49 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2008, 11:19:53 PM »
Newy  had   16 disp.  5 marks  1 goal   = 3 votes against Freo  yet he got no votes despite 27 possies against Hawthorn and 30 possies against Melbourne  ???.

Richo had 18 disp. 10 marks and kicked 2.2 against Freo.

Please explain!  ???

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2008, 11:21:32 PM »

every effi.n year we play the dees he smashes them except for this year.

He did get 3 votes in the round 12 game against the Dees :thumbsup
Still what ifs what ifs what ifs. So close yet so far. Can't believe he did not get a vote or 2 in rd 9 against the Bombers. Just cruel.  :banghead

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2008, 11:24:00 PM »
I screamed my nut out when i heard "3 votes............J.Bowden :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

I bet you did []())([] and not wholly on Richo not getting any votes :lol

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2008, 11:28:01 PM »
Newy  had   16 disp.  5 marks  1 goal   = 3 votes against Freo  yet he got no votes despite 27 possies against Hawthorn and 30 possies against Melbourne  ???.

Richo had 18 disp. 10 marks and kicked 2.2 against Freo.

Please explain!  ???

Yeah tough. Richo kicks 2 match winning goals in the last quarter to give us breathing space in a game with no real highlights so unfortunate that Richo's efforts didn't catch the umps attention in a way that would equate to votes. Would have thought Tuck or Lids might have got votes in that match also and although Jackson was good on the day in hindsight perhaps is effort was not worthy of a vote.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2008, 11:30:51 PM »

every effi.n year we play the dees he smashes them except for this year.

He did get 3 votes in the round 12 game against the Dees :thumbsup
Still what ifs what ifs what ifs. So close yet so far. Can't believe he did not get a vote or 2 in rd 9 against the Bombers. Just cruel.  :banghead
Foley and Lids tore the Bombers mids to shreds in the first half and Edwards kept getting by himself inside 50 because dopey Lovett-Murray wouldn't go near him. Shane could have kicked 6 by half-time if he kicked straight. Hard for the umps to miss any of those 3.

How about Clever kicking 6 and Morton 5 goals against Port and no votes for either yet two Port players get votes in our win ::)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #85 on: September 22, 2008, 11:34:43 PM »

Joel Bowden always ruins everything!!!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #86 on: September 22, 2008, 11:38:16 PM »
Fair point OE. Just checked to see how we all voted in the weekly match day OER Tiger of the Year Award and yes both in Rd 9 and Rd 21 there were clearly other standouts in the votes that we the forumites gave. So I guess as a consensus on how we saw things we can take off our yellow and black glasses now that all the hype and hope have subsided. What we can reflect upon though is that Richo is a champion and he proved it this year that as a 33 year old he almost upstaged blokes like Black Cooney and Ablett many years his junior. Hopefully team honours do not escape Richo now that perhaps the highest individual honour for this year at least has. :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2008, 12:01:15 AM »
What we can reflect upon though is that Richo is a champion and he proved it this year that as a 33 year old he almost upstaged blokes like Black Cooney and Ablett many years his junior. Hopefully team honours do not escape Richo now that perhaps the highest individual honour for this year at least has. :thumbsup
Couldn't have said it better HT  :clapping  :thumbsup. Everybody loves Richo. A true champion  :bow  :bow  :bow.

Also good to see Cotch get 2 votes in his debut year. The first of many for the future champ (touchwood barring injury).

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2008, 12:22:32 AM »
According to my investigation, Richo is the Highest Richmond poller since Maurice Rioli polled 23 and lost by 1 vote to Ross Glendinning in 1983.   :clapping :clapping
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2008, 03:55:31 AM »
Richmond had the most players earn Brownlow votes - 16.

We also finished 7th on the total team tally.

Geelong         112
Hawthorn         91
Bulldogs          83
Adelaide          78
Sydney            78
St Kilda           75
Richmond        69
Carlton            68
Brisbane          66
Collingwood     65
North Melb       58
Port Adelaide    57