Author Topic: Danny Frawley  (Read 4557 times)

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
Danny Frawley
« on: May 16, 2004, 01:21:23 AM »
Is it just me or has danny actually started to take a more realisitc view when answering questions from the media?

Has he had training on how to answer the media recently? I have noticed a complete change in attitude when he gives an answer. The past few weeks he has actually brought some realisim into our results.

I'm dieing to hear the old danny but even now thats failing me!!

LOL
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Ox

Re: Danny Frawley
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 07:56:56 AM »
Nahhhhh.

He's still a total imbecile.
i LISTENED TO THE PRE MATCH interview when spud
we were a 50/50 chance - Totally made a goose of himself at on point.

U can take the boy off the potato farm..............................

froars

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2004, 11:00:16 AM »
He can act like an imbecile all he likes in press conferences if he keeps on winning lol

Anyone noticed we're playing more direct footy lately - not stuffing around the boundaries and players actually running to make space.  Woohoo!

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2004, 12:01:29 PM »
Also noticed that in the last 3 weeks, Danny addresses the boys in the huddles. They're no longer breaking into Fwds, backs, and midfielders. I think this has been a good thing, cause I have noticed that no one seems to pay any attention to Brittain.

The coaching has actually been pretty good lately. We also seem to have abandoned set rotations, so if someone's running hot they're staying on the ground....that can only be a good thing.

Ox

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2004, 01:02:59 PM »
Funnily enuff 1980 I agree with u re the coaching of late.
One wonders wether spud or brittain  has been calling the shots.

No doubt the incidents of weeks gone by have given
the players a reality check.
They were spat on ffs,how degrading.
Perhaps they realised just how pathetic they were
playing.
As for spud.he never seems to change -good or bad.

Offline Struggletown

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2004, 01:07:09 PM »
He can act like an imbecile all he likes in press conferences if he keeps on winning lol

Anyone noticed we're playing more direct footy lately - not stuffing around the boundaries and players actually running to make space.  Woohoo!

I was even more pleased (and suprised) to see us hitting Richo so well on the lead when the game was there to be won...makes a nice change when the skill levels up and the big bloke kicks straight. :)
Drink,Drugs and Shagging models.
The rest l just wasted.
  George Best on where his millions went

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2004, 06:58:52 PM »
Is it just me or has danny actually started to take a more realisitc view when answering questions from the media?

I would say your on the money PRR. Nathan Brown said so much a week or two ago when asked what Danny told had told the players after our win over the Hawks. Danny told them they were still at "rock-bottom". I'd reckon Danny has changed himself the past 3 weeks and been more realisitic about the abilities and endeavour of the blokes he's coaching (dropping Joel and Ty for instance). When Danny has been interviewed after the last couple of games he's been very low-key. He'll give credit to individuals if he's asked about them but that's about it. No more silly statements of being a "top 4 side" or "un-richmond-like performances". That can only be good for us. Speaking of Browny he's another guy who gives realistic answers when he fronts the media although the old patrons of the Waterside wouldn't be too happy being called "riff-raff" on TFS  ;)
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd