Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 350255 times)

Offline Bateman

• Jack Dyer medallist
Vicks
« Reply #150 on: April 26, 2011, 12:53:48 PM »
Is he or will he do justice to the number 29? is he fit to wear the old man's number in the manner that Lionel Proctor was?  :P :whistle

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Re: Vicks
« Reply #151 on: April 26, 2011, 01:13:12 PM »
Is he or will he do justice to the number 29? is he fit to wear the old man's number in the manner that Lionel Proctor was?  :P :whistle
don't forget the great Todd Menengola.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #152 on: April 26, 2011, 01:19:49 PM »
Do we really need another thread?
The kid is a 3rd year ruckman and already this year has shown signs of improvement, kicking goals, taking contested marks, good disposal
While there are some ruckmen who have come on a little quicker, for someone of his age and size he is well ahead of where he is expected to be

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #153 on: April 26, 2011, 06:53:27 PM »
The kid is a 3rd year ruckman and already this year has shown signs of improvement, kicking goals, taking contested marks, good disposal
While there are some ruckmen who have come on a little quicker, for someone of his age and size he is well ahead of where he is expected to be

Yep, needs more time, 2-3 yrs will change him completely, he's also a tough character so he will put the work in.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #154 on: April 26, 2011, 06:54:42 PM »

No we don't!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #155 on: April 27, 2011, 11:26:15 PM »
Spot on Infamy. Vickery's form is up and down but that's no surprise for his age and (in)experience so hardly time yet to write him off as a 200cm tall 20 year old. Ayce Cordy is from the same draft as TV for instance as is our Big BrownE. Way too early to put a line through any of them.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #156 on: April 28, 2011, 07:00:13 AM »
I wouldn't right him off

But I do think he needs to go back to the VFL and get some confidence back.

Can not have your 2nd key forward having 5 kicks & 2 marks (sometimes less) a game.

His lack of intensity at times is worse than that shown by Post and that's saying something

He desperately needs to be more aggressive IMHO, he needs to want the ball = demand the ball

Watching him last week he might as well be sitting next to me in the stands - he spent far too much time just spectating
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #157 on: May 01, 2011, 03:31:04 AM »
A better effort from TV this week exploiting his mobility as a tall target although he really should have finished with about 5 goals rather than just the two.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #158 on: May 01, 2011, 07:56:17 AM »
A better effort from TV this week exploiting his mobility as a tall target although he really should have finished with about 5 goals rather than just the two.

Agree MT.  Wish the bugger would hold more marks - he gets himself into the right positions and appears to be learning how to use his body quite well.  Another thing I noticed was that he is becoming much more competitive in ruck hitouts, winning taps to advantage much more often now.

Online cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #159 on: May 01, 2011, 10:05:57 AM »
Improving

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #160 on: May 01, 2011, 10:41:38 AM »
His ability to stand up quickly after both him and defender went to ground impressive. But for his inaccurate kicking could have kicked 4. Needs to work on taking contested marks.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #161 on: May 08, 2011, 12:40:40 AM »
TV is coming along nicely now. Being young he'll still have his off days now and then where he'll struggle to get into a game at all but he's performing his role more often than not this year. Another 3 goals yesterday to take his tally to 10. Keep that up and he's on track for a 30+ goal season which would be a good return.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #162 on: May 08, 2011, 12:54:50 AM »
Won't be too long before he's completely justified his selection at Pick 8 and may be even make some earlier selections look shakey

Looking at the draft that year, there aren't too many players from the first round still available at Pick 8 that I would take over him and of those none are talls so for structure he was the right pick for us. Only two I really rate at this stage are Sidebottom & Shuey and we don't really need their type of player as much as we need a ruckman/forward like Vickery.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #163 on: May 08, 2011, 08:40:05 AM »
He's doing nicely. He's agile and can take a nice grab. When he learns how to use his body more and gets confidence in himself I think he will be a great player for us.
The club that keeps giving.

tony_montana

« Reply #164 on: May 08, 2011, 08:48:17 AM »
The biggest gripe I had with TV was the lack of mongrel he displayed (along the lines of Tambling). Happy to see turning into an angry ruckman that'll throw his weight around and let his opponents know about it. Coming along nicely and is having an impact.