Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 350120 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #450 on: June 03, 2012, 01:09:16 PM »
i still have a lot of time for Ty and think in the future he will develop into a great contributor for us,but Friday night other than that clutch goal the only real effort i saw from ty was at the end of the game when he ran along the fence giving HI 5s to the crowd

No, he did better than that, in particular up the ground more around the wing..
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #451 on: June 03, 2012, 01:25:04 PM »
He made some  mistakes in the first half as he looked like he was a little unsure or lacking a little confidence, but really stood up with his skill and ability showing out in the second half with just pure hard and percipience.
Like Jack early in the season The Big Vic is looking like he ready to take another step up again.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #452 on: June 03, 2012, 01:27:52 PM »
His size is a headache for the other team.

Just as we have struggled with resting ruckman deep forward until griffs.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #453 on: June 03, 2012, 03:06:39 PM »
you could see that great goal kicked lifted his
confidence, look at dockers.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #454 on: June 03, 2012, 03:19:20 PM »
He made some  mistakes in the first half as he looked like he was a little unsure or lacking a little confidence, but really stood up with his skill and ability showing out in the second half with just pure hard and percipience.
Like Jack early in the season The Big Vic is looking like he ready to take another step up again.

In the first it looked like he was trying to be to cute with his kicking, i thought

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #455 on: June 03, 2012, 03:33:18 PM »

Bents raises a good question about our forward structure and its a point that tiagra seems to have missed with his blah blah blah.

what are you on about Al? 
Bents and I were on the same page when it came it this issue as was MT. And now clear for almost everyone on this forum now that Miller is gone and the forward line is working so much better without him.
what am I on about?

Will we bring in a 3rd key forward in the future?
Jack. Vickery. Astbury/Elton?

You do realise that we have gone from having 3 talls in the forward line to 2?

Do you understand that the structure of the forward line has changed?

do you comprehend english? I did actually discuss that in the rest of the post that you cut out when you quoted me.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

the claw

« Reply #456 on: June 03, 2012, 03:52:01 PM »
i dont want to be the one regul;arly bagging him but i dont think his game was good.
hes a back up ruckman and had just 7 h/o his work in this area was minimal. he had 4 1%ers. kicked just one goal and had 8 of his 16 possesions up to quarter time.
he spent the majority of time forward playing against  simpkin at 191cm  a young and undersized player. gilbert whos actually a running defender not a kpp at all and gwilt at 188cm,
again i scratch my head and ask why didnt he take one contested mark. jack took advantage of their problems even though he had two on him most of the time  but tyrone let that chance slip.he really should have caused havoc with the advantages he had and didnt. big ivan and jack took full toll of their predicament as good players do.
why did he spend so little time in the ruck a golden opportunity to go up against a 189cm ruckman and dominate or go up against a paert time ruckman like himself. it did not happen often enough and when it did we got too little out of him.

i still maintain if tyrone is to be the backup ruckman, and its clearly the way the club wants it,  he needs to be more productive and competetive in that role. if hes a forward /ruckman i still think we need another kpf or at the least a tall quick agile third tall type.  this does not mean the dinosaur miller.how nice would it be to actually be able to give big ivan decent spells on the bench and not lose our structure forward.

two talls both injured and i cant wait to see them get games. astbury up forward chf in fact, grimes down back as the third man up with rebound a key component. tyrone to assume more ruck duties and rest in a pocket.

to me so far this yr hes struggled in every game he played. while he found a bit of ball at last on friday i still think his game was ordinary for the reasons i gave.
what i really want to see out of him is some real aggression not just at the ball but at the man as well. it high time you found a bit of mongrel tyrone.

Gigantor

« Reply #457 on: June 03, 2012, 04:02:34 PM »
Its fair to say both jack and Ty have struggled at times..jack seems well and truly over his slump,i hope ty soon leaves his slump behind him too.....If you think about it jack had 5 operations pre season,if i had that many i reckon it might take me some time to get back into the flow ..Stories have also circulated about Ty too(re surgery),i dont know how true these stories are .Given theres  some truth in them ,i am also not surprised that it has taken him time to also get back into it.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #458 on: June 03, 2012, 04:41:43 PM »
Its fair to say both jack and Ty have struggled at times..jack seems well and truly over his slump,i hope ty soon leaves his slump behind him too.....If you think about it jack had 5 operations pre season,if i had that many i reckon it might take me some time to get back into the flow ..Stories have also circulated about Ty too(re surgery),i dont know how true these stories are .Given theres  some truth in them ,i am also not surprised that it has taken him time to also get back into it.

Better to be getting over injury now and be in peak form in two to three months time the way you put it Gigantor. Let the kid play he'll overcome his issues.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #459 on: June 03, 2012, 09:16:39 PM »
Id elton or astbury or post or derickx kicks 20 goals over a 2 or 3 goal period they must be at least consiterer. As wce has shown a super tall forward line can work and can be powerful.

If the current kpp theory is stays in place itll be a tough situation for astbury. #12

why would you dissapear from the boards when you think things are going well craw?

just enjoy the ride  :cheers

Bents raises a good question about our forward structure and its a point that tiagra seems to have missed with his blah blah blah.

due to the match comittee not seeing anyone ready/fit enough/good enough to take tys spot when he was injured, we went into games with a different forward structure and it seemed to work better for us. Sometimes the best discoveries are made by accident and it seems the coaching staff have changed their thinking on our forward set up.

so miller went out when ty was fit again. I doubt we would have done this, at this point in time, if it meant dropping a young, developing KPP, given coburg havn't played for 2 weeks. Miller though was recruited for a certain, short term role and is basically expendable, something he understands and accepts.

For the immediate future, as long as we are kicking winning scores, I cant see us reverting back to a three tall set up in the forward line. I dont have any real hope of elton demanding selection yhrough performance this year, and there seems to be a variety of options if we loose one or two mid/small forwards rather than having to change the structure again due to necessity. Post looks to be be bookmarked as a backman or nothing, something i find a bit perplexing after his performance up forward lately, but with miller likely to be playing up forward for coburg in the immediate future, this seems unlikely to change.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #460 on: June 03, 2012, 10:10:39 PM »
Id elton or astbury or post or derickx kicks 20 goals over a 2 or 3 goal period they must be at least consiterer. As wce has shown a super tall forward line can work and can be powerful.

If the current kpp theory is stays in place itll be a tough situation for astbury. #12

why would you dissapear from the boards when you think things are going well craw?

just enjoy the ride  :cheers

due to the match comittee not seeing anyone ready/fit enough/good enough to take tys spot when he was injured, we went into games with a different forward structure and it seemed to work better for us. Sometimes the best discoveries are made by accident and it seems the coaching staff have changed their thinking on our forward set up.

so miller went out when ty was fit again. I doubt we would have done this, at this point in time, if it meant dropping a young, developing KPP, given coburg havn't played for 2 weeks. Miller though was recruited for a certain, short term role and is basically expendable, something he understands and accepts.

For the immediate future, as long as we are kicking winning scores, I cant see us reverting back to a three tall set up in the forward line. I dont have any real hope of elton demanding selection yhrough performance this year, and there seems to be a variety of options if we loose one or two mid/small forwards rather than having to change the structure again due to necessity. Post looks to be be bookmarked as a backman or nothing, something i find a bit perplexing after his performance up forward lately, but with miller likely to be playing up forward for coburg in the immediate future, this seems unlikely to change.

.......What did you just say man?

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #461 on: June 04, 2012, 09:16:07 AM »
critical to the team structure.

Starting get some of the ball which is great and sent the ferals into a frenzy when he kicked that clutch clutch goal in the last quarter.

Attacked the contest with vigour from then on, and now has good starting point to build on for next week.

WIll make it.

Offline jordie2tivendale

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #462 on: June 04, 2012, 04:19:10 PM »
TV has enormous upside just turned 22 can play multiple roles and though i do agree his form is woeful he is Critical  to the structure of the side... He still looks like he needs more time in the gym for my liking  and a good feed might want to hang out with Dusty over the preseason   ;)

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #463 on: June 04, 2012, 07:42:41 PM »
The English language has taken more hits in this thread than Tyrone Vickery has!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #464 on: June 04, 2012, 07:54:42 PM »
The English language has taken more hits in this thread than Tyrone Vickery has!

:thumbsup :rollin :rollin :rollin :dancing :thatsgold

;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)