Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 313784 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #720 on: April 21, 2013, 09:26:56 AM »
I would actually like to see Griff give a go instead of Vicks if he is dropped, would not be surprised if they bring in Edwards though...
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline tigers_of_old_1980

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #721 on: April 21, 2013, 09:40:38 AM »
Thought he was terrible today TBH. Offered little

He is a big bloke have to ask why he doesn't use it to his advantage  :huh

Seemed to lack desperation and willingness to hit packs hard today. No intensity either

One good game (read rd 1) doesn't make a season.

Very disappointing very disappointing

What is it going to take to turn this bloke around WP? He seems to have the perfect shape, size and skills, what is it with him? I really fear him being traded to a team like the Swans.......

Seriously WAT I thought a couple of times he played "soft" in the contest. By that I mean he seemed to more concerned with not getting a whack to his shoulders by the bigger bodied Pies than actually putting his body on the line. That's what I found most annoying and disappointing.

At the minute I think he isn't earning his place and I reckon it's time for a rocket and that means back the VFL for a minimum period. I'd be saying you are going back for 3 weeks no ifs buts or maybes. No more gifted games for you, we want some consistency from you and until you give is 3 games where you are hitting packs, chasing and some showing some mongrel then you stay at the VFL

The Swans would expect nothing less if he was hypothetically to be traded and play for them. Who's responsible for his development at the club?
10 PREMIERSHIPS

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #722 on: April 21, 2013, 10:30:10 AM »
I would actually like to see Griff give a go instead of Vicks if he is dropped, would not be surprised if they bring in Edwards though...

Agreed, if he gets dropped and not sure he will or should, but if he does Griff must come in

Griff has flexibility at least.

Edwards please what part of our future can he be. Pass. He may help us pinch a game here or there but only hides the fact that we need more class.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #723 on: April 21, 2013, 10:33:58 AM »

Agreed, if he gets dropped and not sure he will or should, but if he does Griff must come in

Griff has flexibility at least.

Edwards please what part of our future can he be. Pass. He may help us pinch a game here or there but only hides the fact that we need more class.

I was never and am still not an A.Edwards supporter, but the way clubs think these days it would not shock me if he plays well today that he is called up, would be a mistake I agree.

On Griff, will be interesting to see if they play him up forward and in the ruck a bit today, that maybe an indication of his selection next week should he perform.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Gigantor

« Reply #724 on: April 21, 2013, 10:37:11 AM »
TY is a giant and hes 22......give him a break

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #725 on: April 21, 2013, 10:40:49 AM »

Yes he is and yes he is, but that does not excuse him shirking his responsibilities to the team!!

"Rucks:

Gigantor

« Reply #726 on: April 21, 2013, 10:48:06 AM »
WA tiger i agree he was awful at times yesterday but he wasnt robinson crusoe there..Dustys ball watching on the wing when he should have attacked the ball.ellis capitulation meakly to swans slight hip nudge in front of their goal,the list is endless WA.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #727 on: April 21, 2013, 11:23:10 AM »
But TV has barely given a yelp in a month of football. Griff has one shocker and dropped
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #728 on: April 21, 2013, 12:04:07 PM »
Vickery needs to be told to RUN and JUMP and LEAP for the mark!

the claw

« Reply #729 on: April 21, 2013, 12:27:06 PM »
i dont think its rocket science.
vickery is stuggling but i ask what does he bring structurally. well that is simple he relieves maric in the ruck and does it poorly atm and he plays kp forward and gives little apart from the odd glimpse.

if i recall ivan showed at adelaide that he is more than capable of resting forward so bring in a ruckman to do one of vickerys roles.
bring in a genuine tall forward to do the other role.
two options with the rucks bring in a pure ruck in stephenson or bring in a bloke whos been groomed as a ruck/for in derickx and see what he can offer.
the obvious option up forward is griffiths plonk him at ff play riewoldt at chf and leave mcguane as a third tall target.

we really need foley fit and vlastuin and helbig into the team and playing well. once again the lack of polish from regulars was the down fall of us.

if we want to be a finals side we indeed need to be able to change it around when things fail or players are out of form. it is time to change it around surely we have seen enough of the same blokes fail as soon as the real pressure is applied. leopards do not change their spots and older  footballers do not magically fix very obvious weaknesses in their games.

on vickery i agree with wp send him back to coburg for 3 to 5 weeks and give him the first ruck role. get him playing hard at it aggressive footy, get him  hitting into opponents hard, get him putting his body on the line ffs,  and get him clunking overhead marks regularly. only  then get him back into the side and see what he can give.

in the mean time lets try other options lets even as a last resort get some games into younger blokes just for the experience. we have options  stephenson as a ruck, derickx as a ruck/for, elton astbury and griffiths as key  forwards. if we cant make a change to personell when its badly needed just how far do people realistically think we can go this yr.

on ellis.
he was always going to get out marked by swan and look silly. its what happens in a marking contest  when a 180cm 81kg  player goes up against a 185cm/93kg player completely out gunned in all departments and it showed. im more inclined to ask how did that mismatch happen. yes theres a few areas ellis can be better at but for a second yr player im pretty happy with his progress.

finally the tackling and intensity across the board combined with the lack of polish continues to dog us. it may suffice against the lesser sides or sides off their game but it goes to pieces against the better sides.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #730 on: April 21, 2013, 05:48:54 PM »

Yes on the first 2 and a big no for point number 3

Point 1 is the very reason that makes his efforts from yesterday all the more disappointing not to mention frustrating.

He is a big unit and if nothing else he should use it whether that be to intimidate or just to crash packs. Currently he isn't for what ever reason and against good sides we cannot afford to have key forward offering nothing in contests
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Gigantor

« Reply #731 on: April 21, 2013, 06:08:50 PM »
WP i agree that Ty has to stamp himself physically more,however it was barely 3 weeks ago that he played 10 pin bowling with the carlton backline sending Mitch robinson into cloud cuckoo land

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #732 on: April 21, 2013, 06:20:24 PM »
Couldn't agree more.
Griffiths is better forward option than Ty. Ty a better second ruck. Maybe we should play both in the forward line and stretch defenses. Both are agile and so when the ball hits the ground they are still in the contest. They must however learn to stay away from each other and have their own zones.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #733 on: April 21, 2013, 06:27:25 PM »
WP i agree that Ty has to stamp himself physically more,however it was barely 3 weeks ago that he played 10 pin bowling with the carlton backline sending Mitch robinson into cloud cuckoo land

True but as someone else pointed out Griffiths had one shocker and got dropped

1 good game doesn't make a season and how many chances does he get?

he's had 3 in a row now and some point you have to say enough is enough. Cannot continue to gift games IMHO
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #734 on: April 21, 2013, 06:49:23 PM »
Need a true CHF if this team is going to have any real impact. Whether thats Ty or Griffiths stepping up, we need someone.