Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 313768 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #1560 on: November 26, 2014, 08:57:15 PM »
hormones in chicken meat?
Evolution? john Nichols was called big nick and played ruck. He is actually the same size as Chris Judd.
Polly farmer, one of the greatest rucks in history was only about 6 ft 3.
The reason why we have had so few 200 cm plus players in 150 years is that there weren't as many around.

So can we conclude from this:

The followings sentence is true or false -

"The fact ther have not been a large number of successful tall KPFs historically, does not necessarily prove iin the future this will continue to be the case"

Or to word it differently, of the games greatest ruckman were the same size as the like of judd and ,actin, is the logically extension not that larger KPFs will succeed in the future?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 09:55:47 PM by Judge Roughneck »

the claw

« Reply #1561 on: November 26, 2014, 09:23:03 PM »
im saying there are reasons why there are not too many kkp above 200, the main one being that the percentage of the population that height is low, therefore the percentage of afl players will be low.

of the few that are, they are general played in the ruck as their height gives an advantage in getting first use of the ball. this does not nesesarrily mean they cant become kpf, ( in some cases this is true, though) just that team balance is normalled served better by playing the 200+ in the ruck and the 200- as kpp.

if you truly believe that a player cannot play kpf just because he is over 200cm, then not even the village idiot could say anything to make you look good.
now now al no putting words in my mouth and if your prepared to keep it civil i will too, so i will just ignore the childish village idiot comment for now.

ive not said anywhere that 200cm players cant play kpp.  in fact ive spoken about keefe at collingwood on this forum, i have said they are very much a rarity and i have repeatedly said nothing is written in stone and there are alwys exceptions to the guide or rule.

the reason i dont list 200 cm plus players as kpfs is because you can count on one hand if you are lucky just how many have become top level kpfs.
when i say the majority of top level kpfs that have been found are MAINLY,  (not written in stone as there are some exceptions) thats just for you so theres no confusion , then id say a decent loose guide when chasing kpfs would be to look in the 194cm - 197 height range. you do understand what a loose guide is.

anyway i dont know what all the fuss is here just you lot being anal nd prcious  as usual.

as i said to nuffie judge i have a few guides as to where i place players on the list, i thought it was a  decent thing to do as others may take something from it. to date all i have copped is jealousy and ridicukle from just a couple.

for me and i cant see why its such a bad thing, i break tall list structure down to three categories, 190 - 193 and loosly describe them as third tall and running talls. in the main id say this description fits so whats the problem.

for me most of the best kpfs have fallen in the 194 -197 height range. it seems to be a good fit  with some exceptions of course but i dont claim its written in stone , its a guide.

for me  above  197  and in particular 200cm  very few have become top level kpfs. its an observation it seems to be pretty accurate  but  it seems angers people why i have no idea,again there are some exceptions  i dont claim there arent but as an average or a guide i see nothing wrong.

anyway the balls in your court now. you can be civil  or it can degenerate into just  another slanging match as it usually does.  actually it wont even do that as i will just go back to ignoring your posts.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1562 on: November 26, 2014, 10:12:59 PM »
no one is getting angry.
ive explained why not many players over 200cm become kkp.

no one is putting words in your mouth.
are these not your words?
how many 200cm plus ruck /fwds do we need while we only have one at 195cm. seems you dont think we need balance in our list.

most people would be more interested in if they play, but you seem more interested in whether they are 197cm rather than 202

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1563 on: November 27, 2014, 06:36:38 AM »
hormones in chicken meat?
Evolution? john Nichols was called big nick and played ruck. He is actually the same size as Chris Judd.
Polly farmer, one of the greatest rucks in history was only about 6 ft 3.
The reason why we have had so few 200 cm plus players in 150 years is that there weren't as many around.

So can we conclude from this:

The followings sentence is true or false -

"The fact ther have not been a large number of successful tall KPFs historically, does not necessarily prove iin the future this will continue to be the case"

Or to word it differently, of the games greatest ruckman were the same size as the like of judd and ,actin, is the logically extension not that larger KPFs will succeed in the future?
The first one.
But also, our society is getting taller and therefore we will see that flow onto the football field.
Or, historically our society was shorter, therefore, we did not see many successful tall KPFs because there were not many around.

the claw

« Reply #1564 on: December 01, 2014, 10:58:21 PM »
no one is getting angry.
ive explained why not many players over 200cm become kkp.

no one is putting words in your mouth.
are these not your words?
how many 200cm plus ruck /fwds do we need while we only have one at 195cm. seems you dont think we need balance in our list.

most people would be more interested in if they play, but you seem more interested in whether they are 197cm rather than 202
when you say -  if you truly believe that a player cannot play kpf just because he is over 200cm then not even the village idiot could make you look good.
now that is putting words in my mouth because nowhere have i said 200cm players cant play kpf. i even gave an example of one who has. as for the village idiot comment if i abused you in return you would have deserved it.

im not sure when i ask,   how many 200cm plus ruck fwds do we need? it  somehow  equates to saying players cant play kpf just because they are  over 200cm. more of the same from you eh al.always misconstruing what people say to suit. always being disingenuous.

all i have said is,   so few  of those players taken at 200cm for what ever reason have become good consistent kpfs. as such if looking for a guide to drafting kpfs id be looking in the 194-197 height range as so many good kpfs have been taken in this range.
 i also asked where was  the balance on the list among our tall fwds when we had 3 ruck/fwds at 200plus cm  of which none had thus far shown they can exclusively play kpf with  just one other at 195cm. i take it your  reply here on this point means you think the balance was  fine.

i agree with your theory when you say  one of the reasons why so few 200cm players have made kpfs  is because theres less 200cm players around the place.

thing is the real crux of the debate  was,  of the 200cm players who have played the game, your theory   does not explain why so few who have played  have made it as kpfs.. and plenty have been tried.me i think there are some lessons and guides to be taken from that.
you said it your self the vast majority of these blokes are primarily ruckman so why would you draft one when looking for a kpf. can this not be a guide of sorts.

anyway i can see this ending up where it usually does with you so thanks for the reply i wont bother you again.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1565 on: December 02, 2014, 08:01:54 AM »
Now no-ones putting anything in anyones mouth so lets not get excited.  whats going on?
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #1566 on: December 02, 2014, 09:18:05 AM »
Now no-ones putting anything in anyones mouth so lets not get excited.  whats going on?

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1567 on: December 02, 2014, 11:32:10 AM »

That's a relief, I was quite horrified about the gayness going on in here

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1568 on: December 02, 2014, 11:34:36 AM »
Tiga comes in with the goods lol
Lots of people name their swords......

tony_montana

« Reply #1569 on: December 02, 2014, 11:39:58 AM »

:lol

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1570 on: December 02, 2014, 11:51:40 AM »

:lol
I could have also posted this in the Connor Menadue thread.  ;D

dwaino

« Reply #1571 on: December 02, 2014, 12:48:57 PM »
A worm crawled into my mouth and I ate it.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1572 on: December 02, 2014, 12:58:47 PM »
:lol I hope it wasn't Dr Worm who wasn't a real Doctor but was a real worm... ;D

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #1573 on: December 02, 2014, 11:33:57 PM »
:lol I hope it wasn't Dr Worm who wasn't a real Doctor but was a real worm... ;D

That would depend on weather they actually called him Doctor worm or not😉

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1574 on: March 15, 2015, 12:43:16 PM »
Had a good game I thought..
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"