Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 314877 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #1695 on: April 01, 2015, 08:47:13 PM »
This is the part where Ty goes back to the VFL and kicks a couple of junk time goals after walking around thinking he's too good for the VFL.

Will it happen though, it's happened before.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1696 on: April 01, 2015, 09:04:24 PM »
This is the part where Ty goes back to the VFL and kicks a couple of junk time goals after walking around thinking he's too good for the VFL.

thats probably right, but it likely will be assited by the fact griffiths will as usual do little and there is no other options bar a first yr kpf in mckenzie and the match stick mcbean.
its a list managment problem its been a list management problem for yrs now.
if we had other decent options maybe vickery wouldnt have played half the games hes played.

people still cant grasp the fact, no choose to ignore the fact  that we have very limited options when it comes to tall fwds, rucks and tall defenders. god forbid we lose jack rance and ivan at the one time people will really see how rancid the stocks in each area  are then.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1697 on: April 01, 2015, 09:16:44 PM »
I think people are well aware that we have no one else. If Vickery was just not up to it but trying his heart out I'm sure they would not complain but the fact is he just doesn't apply himself and that's why despite of the options he doesn't deserve a game.

Throw in the fact that while Vickery is thinking about what cat he's going to buy with his match payment we have a scrawny kid in McBean who may not be up to it right now but is at least applying himself and kicking multiple goals in the VFL. Forget the exact stats but he's been top 2 in the goal kicking the past 2 years. Say what you want about his size but at least he's applying himself FFS

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1698 on: April 01, 2015, 10:11:39 PM »
ben brown
j Daniher

Is mcbean that far behind those 2 blokes at the same stage of the same age??

I doubt it. I could never understand how Mcbean was never tried ahead of blokes like Vickery and Griffiths when they were struggling

We are bereft of quality forwards last time i checked, and would love to get some games into this kid.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1699 on: April 01, 2015, 10:33:25 PM »
ben brown
j Daniher

I doubt it. I could never understand how Mcbean was never tried ahead of blokes like Vickery and Griffiths when they were struggling

We are bereft of quality forwards last time i checked, and would love to get some games into this kid.

I reckon he is a fair way back to  be honest

Watched him very closley in his 2 NAB games and 2 things stood out to me

1/ his lack of intensity and being too reactive

2/ just not up with the pace of the game

throw in the defensive side of his game is practically no existent.

He'd get monstered at AFL level and then he'd end up getting whacked from pillar to post by supporters on forums like this one.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #1700 on: April 01, 2015, 10:36:18 PM »
ben brown
j Daniher

He'd get monstered at AFL level and then he'd end up getting whacked from pillar to post by supporters on forums like this one.

+ 1  He has plenty of time does young Macca

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #1701 on: April 02, 2015, 12:45:07 AM »
Mcbean is a second round pick. Who was the last decent second rounder FJ has picked up?
In 2008 he even managed to squander a first round pick 8 on a spud like Sideshow Bob.
List mumbler BH likes giving away prize 2nd round picks for the king of spuds and we still don't have a decent CHF, small forward or ruck backup.
$$$$$$$$$$ spent on mates that fail time after time but aren't held to account.
Solution; let's take a deficient back pocket battler & move him forward because it worked okay once.
Pathetic.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1702 on: April 02, 2015, 12:54:21 AM »
Vickery will play and will kick 3
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1703 on: April 02, 2015, 02:02:01 AM »
ben brown
j Daniher

Well having seen him about 20 or so times live in the VFL, I disagree and think he'd pick it up fairly quickly if given an extended run and not just the "McDonough/Arnot" treatment that young non-first rounders usually cop from Softwick. In fact I reckon he'd at least be surpassing Vickery's usual output after about half a dozen matches in a row, if not sooner.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1704 on: April 02, 2015, 06:52:12 AM »
Mcbean is a second round pick. Who was the last decent second rounder FJ has picked up?

Reckon Rance although not a 2nd rounder (was priority at the end of round 1) is a reasonable pick up

Well having seen him about 20 or so times live in the VFL, I disagree and think he'd pick it up fairly quickly if given an extended run and not just the "McDonough/Arnot" treatment that young non-first rounders usually cop from Softwick. In fact I reckon he'd at least be surpassing Vickery's usual output after about half a dozen matches in a row, if not sooner.

I should have explained myself better. I've watched him play a number of VFL games as well but during this NAB cup I watched him closely to see if IMHO he was ready and I don't think he is. Still think he is a long way off. AT VFL yes he looks impressive but even at VFL (a) his defensive game is poor and (b) he goes missing a lot.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1705 on: April 02, 2015, 07:18:14 AM »

Reckon Rance although not a 2nd rounder (was priority at the end of round 1) is a reasonable pick up

I should have explained myself better. I've watched him play a number of VFL games as well but during this NAB cup I watched him closely to see if IMHO he was ready and I don't think he is. Still think he is a long way off. AT VFL yes he looks impressive but even at VFL (a) his defensive game is poor and (b) he goes missing a lot.

Any more so than Vickery? I agree though needs more time in the VFL.
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1706 on: April 02, 2015, 07:59:05 AM »
The club and his teammates were pumping his wheels up preseason for what I seen nothing different in nab games lacks effort and intensity has the talent tho.Made the mistake not moving him on trade period he had value.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1707 on: April 02, 2015, 10:51:09 AM »
The club and his teammates were pumping his wheels up preseason for what I seen nothing different in nab games lacks effort and intensity has the talent tho.Made the mistake not moving him on trade period he had value.

Yep
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1708 on: April 02, 2015, 11:21:27 AM »
Vickery will play and will kick 3
That could well happen hes regularly managed to kick cheap goals in the main. it has been the one and only saving grace for him. its all the other areas of the game you expect from a 200cm kpf that are just horrid.
i would happily take  1 goal a game from him if he did everything else well.

personally i would like to see him in the twos playing in the ruck permanently for the yr. it may well make him or it could break him either way we cant lose.

its simple give him some kpis that have to be met and he must do them consistently. what kpis do you put on a mobile around the ground ruckman  or a kpf for that matter.
theres no excuses for him hes in his prime yrs he has the experience yet he struggles to do basics consistently well.

i dont really believe players suddenly go click though it has happened on rare occasions.  in the main players have crept up on people with gradual improvement until they get to a point where they are vvery noticable, this has not happened with vickery at best hes stagnated and thats being kind imo.

my gripe is the way we run the list and the way we recruit, god knows ive been forced to complain about them for yrs.  the vickery story will be a common theme for us if we dont address what we do wrong in what really is the two most important areas of any footy club.

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #1709 on: April 02, 2015, 11:44:30 AM »

thats probably right, but it likely will be assited by the fact griffiths will as usual do little and there is no other options bar a first yr kpf in mckenzie and the match stick mcbean.
its a list managment problem its been a list management problem for yrs now.
if we had other decent options maybe vickery wouldnt have played half the games hes played.

people still cant grasp the fact, no choose to ignore the fact  that we have very limited options when it comes to tall fwds, rucks and tall defenders. god forbid we lose jack rance and ivan at the one time people will really see how rancid the stocks in each area  are then.

You really were serious when you said you weren't watching towards the end of last season. Do you think that if you say things enough that they become facts? Griffiths was good towards the end of last year (and even at the start of the year). He teamed up well with Maric and the rotation of the two seemed to work well.  You just seem to ignore that he took more marks than your "elite" Jack in our winning streak towards the end of the year. I understand some people don't like some players (In not a Vickery fan) but you just seem to dislike or think most of our players are not up to it.

I think they have made the right decision with Vickery, he needs to force his way into the team. That might take change of attitude by him for it to happen. The club and teammates have pumped him up all preseason but he hasn't responded with performances. Its time he earned his spot.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!