Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 343935 times)

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #1830 on: May 19, 2015, 10:50:04 AM »
Vickery comes into the game as a forward when the ball is delivered like it should be quick & straight forward. If your at the game you will see this the forward leading. If we continue to overuse the ball then all the forwards have no idea cause they can't make 4-5 burst leads for no reward. Fast & direct delivery is the key to our game. This has been happening for years cause our game is based around chip kicking & overuse of the handball, Too much short run & carry  :snidegrin Maybe this is the Richmond Way  :snidegrin
l have always said Richmond must build the team around 2 power forwards. We have that & more yet we don't play like we have the confidence in the players ability. Most times Rewoldt /Vickery/ Griffiths would win 1 on 1 contests. This stems back to even Richo.
The Richmond Way is long & direct. The shortest route to goal with big marking forwards. It works for Hawthorn to win premierships with Roughhead/Franklin/ & Brisbane Brown/Lynch. We have the forwards & crumbers like Edwards/Dusty/Deledio/Cotchin. You can't get much better than that for experience to cause damage. It's upto the coach to apply it & stick to it. make our forwards be feared one on one. l bet it would work & we would be playing with the highest of confidence.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1831 on: May 19, 2015, 04:08:05 PM »
I agree with everything except for Vickery's ability to win 1on1. He expects the ball to be kicked over his head so he can run onto it. I don't actually recall him taking too many contested marks. Actually statistically he has taken 0 contested marks in his 2 games this year.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1832 on: May 19, 2015, 04:13:02 PM »
sensational, just stuffing sensational...
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1833 on: May 19, 2015, 10:59:09 PM »
I agree with everything except for Vickery's ability to win 1on1. He expects the ball to be kicked over his head so he can run onto it. I don't actually recall him taking too many contested marks. Actually statistically he has taken 0 contested marks in his 2 games this year.

l'm talking over several years we been up & down. One of them years Vickery had a good year. RFC problem is the stuffing around through the halfback / midfield / wings, It kills the confidence in the forwards cause they are leading & not being given the ball. Once they are out of breath if by chance they did gather the ball they be exhausted & that's where you get skewed kicks at goal.  l have seen at games where Richo was the only forward 1 on 1 leading his opponent by 10 metres + & the ball carrier went across the ground several times. If that happened to me it would be a punch on in the rooms seriously. Vickery can take a good grab & has ability to play on for a huge man. He can kick goals when his on. l reckon our lads lack alot of confidence & rely too much on a few. Its great new players are being blooded & this will create a new era for RFC. l have faith in this playing group. ;D

tony_montana

« Reply #1834 on: June 06, 2015, 10:24:39 AM »
Played a solid game. First time in years I didn't shake my head at his effort in a contest, competed well all game and that's all I ask. Keep it up

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #1835 on: June 06, 2015, 10:34:23 AM »
Played a solid game. First time in years I didn't shake my head at his effort in a contest, competed well all game and that's all I ask. Keep it up
Spot on Tony  :thumbsup
Thought he did ok lets hope this is the norm from now on.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1836 on: June 06, 2015, 10:38:10 AM »
Kid has talent no doubt it's just him putting it all in one week after week with effort.I can see him a target for clubs.

dwaino

« Reply #1837 on: June 06, 2015, 12:24:55 PM »
Ralphy was saying on Fox last night that a couple clubs like Brisbane are sniffing. Ty would prefer to stay at Richmond but it just comes down to whether or not he can get regular games. Doesn't seem like he has an issue getting games with us as long as he keeps pulling his finger out.

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1838 on: June 06, 2015, 06:07:17 PM »
jack, tyrone, griff

= ronaldo, rivaldo, ronaldinho

1980 I Was There

« Reply #1839 on: June 06, 2015, 07:42:56 PM »
Spot on Tony  :thumbsup
Thought he did ok lets hope this is the norm from now on.
Never been really impressed by Ty but yeah I agree, he looked a poo load better than what I have seen before.
Lets just hope he gets much much better.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1840 on: June 07, 2015, 12:36:36 AM »
If he's sorted out his mental issues I would gladly keep him on current form.

It's a long season though, and if things are looking grim at the pointy end I'd have him on the table.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1841 on: June 10, 2015, 10:33:12 PM »
Interestingly, Vickery has now kicked 41 goals in his past 20 games, which is a healthy average of just over two per match.

Star Richmond forward Jack Riewoldt has scored 51 goals from his past 20 appearances, so Vickery’s goalkicking strike-rate stacks up more than adequately in comparison.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-06-10/ty-worth-his-weight-in-goals

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1842 on: June 11, 2015, 02:36:56 AM »
That's not interesting, that's frightening wih an element of LMAO
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1843 on: June 11, 2015, 06:21:55 AM »
Interestingly, Vickery has now kicked 41 goals in his past 20 games, which is a healthy average of just over two per match.

Star Richmond forward Jack Riewoldt has scored 51 goals from his past 20 appearances, so Vickery’s goalkicking strike-rate stacks up more than adequately in comparison.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-06-10/ty-worth-his-weight-in-goals

Riewoldt has been playing further up the ground so to compare the strike rates is not reasonable.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1844 on: June 11, 2015, 08:00:02 AM »

Riewoldt has been playing further up the ground so to compare the strike rates is not reasonable.
And Tyrone plays CHF and isn't the main focal point in our forwardline and also pinch hits in the ruck. Two goals a game for his roll is exceptional.
There is a lot you can say about TV but what he does do is hit the scoreboard.