Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 313798 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #2145 on: March 12, 2016, 03:24:58 PM »
Wouldn't happen to Griff. Would never get his hands on the ball

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2146 on: March 12, 2016, 03:29:10 PM »
Hmmm....Griffiths not getting the ball, Chaplin getting the ball....po-tay-to, po-tah-to...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #2147 on: March 12, 2016, 03:51:54 PM »

where as the current benchmark chapy-key defender is a possession gathering machine

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #2148 on: March 12, 2016, 03:57:24 PM »

where as the current benchmark chapy-key defender is a possession gathering machine

Averaged 15 a game last year which is above average for a kpd  :-\

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2149 on: March 12, 2016, 04:01:35 PM »
'loose' man is expect to get the ball ...

at the same time murphy, hurn, hodge/mitchell, mcveigh types are getting 30 and using it in a damaging manner up the other end
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2150 on: March 12, 2016, 04:02:54 PM »
Ronaldo scores from 3 yards every goal

A cheap goal is worth as much as an 'expensive' goal

Not exactly. Ty's 2nd cheap goal actually cost us 3 points.

Finding blokes who can kick 40 goals a season isn't particularly hard. There are plenty of Jack Anthony's, Mitch Morton's etc. who eventually get found out. I reckon if we played Sam Lloyd deep forward all year he'd kick 40.

I'm not saying Ty plays the same role as these blokes just saying that generally blokes who kick a lot of cheap goals don't offer a lot else.

can you elaborate or say what you mean in a more coherent manner please good sir

I am far from enamored with tyrone, (nor b ellis while we are at it). However he finshed with 4, 6, 2, 3, 2 goals from round 20 to the final. albeit against middling clubs

For the sake of discussion: people to more than 52 goals 2015

breust,
wingard,
 jack reiwoldt,
stringer
, gunston,
walker,
cameron,
 betts,
kennedy

all pretty much top draw

if you look at the dozen or so that kicked between 40-50 goals last AFL season; there are not many duds in that group
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_rankings?year=2015&rt=LT&st=GO

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #2151 on: March 12, 2016, 07:17:35 PM »
I'd say there's plenty of duds actually. Bruce, Shulz, Hill and Garlett are all average at best footballers for mine. Interesting they're all that 2nd club after being discarded from their first club when they weren't in the best 22 (all in non-finals sides as well). Dickson who kicked 50 last year was picked up as a 24 year old.

These are all blokes who kicked 40 or more last years. My point is plenty of ordinary footballers can kick goals and if that's all you want in a footballer then it's not that hard to find.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #2152 on: March 12, 2016, 10:01:23 PM »
I'd say there's plenty of duds actually. Bruce, Shulz, Hill and Garlett are all average at best footballers for mine. Interesting they're all that 2nd club after being discarded from their first club when they weren't in the best 22 (all in non-finals sides as well). Dickson who kicked 50 last year was picked up as a 24 year old.

These are all blokes who kicked 40 or more last years. My point is plenty of ordinary footballers can kick goals and if that's all you want in a footballer then it's not that hard to find.
It's been pretty hard for FJ and BH and they all reckon that our ruck stocks were adequate.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2153 on: March 13, 2016, 11:46:15 AM »
I feel sorry for FJ and BH. So much unforseeable bad luck.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2154 on: March 13, 2016, 12:03:08 PM »

We'll that's four

Not sure if that qualifies as plenty

-  hill would be fairly handy in place of grigg or conca
  - Schultz could be decent foil to jack
  - there has been plenty of garlett discussion

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #2155 on: March 13, 2016, 02:26:55 PM »

We'll that's four

Not sure if that qualifies as plenty

-  hill would be fairly handy in place of grigg or conca
  - Schultz could be decent foil to jack
  - there has been plenty of garlett discussion

Add Jenkins to the list actually he's hopeless. Everitt, Brown and Cripps all kicked as many or more than Ty last year. All nothing footballers.

Of course there's plenty of blokes there who are good footballers. It's the top of the list after all. My point is there's plenty of state league footballers or blokes on lists who aren't getting a game who could get near 40 goals a season if they played deep forward.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2156 on: March 13, 2016, 02:36:23 PM »
Yet now you are listing blokes that kicked as many goals as Tyrone , The forum agrees (a rare thing) ty has not been good enough. His career overall and last year. Overall you make a fair point and I somewhat agree.

Perhaps eight people kicking over 52 goals over the course of the year, and the Coleman winner kicking less and less, are signs goals are harder to come by

Tyrone stats over the 2nd half of last season , combined with his age mean he could still come good? Regardless Maric will need some help in the ruck. Unless hardwick continues with his flog the workhorse till it dies strategy

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #2157 on: March 13, 2016, 02:51:24 PM »
Yeah I mostly agree with that.

Where I actually do hold out hope form Ty is as the Maric replacement. I just don't ever see him being an above average KPF.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2158 on: March 13, 2016, 04:19:19 PM »
Dum Dum needs to stop watching the tape of Vickery's 6 goals in the easy rout of Collingwood and start watching the tape of his second half in the hard fought slog comeback win over Sydney.  :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #2159 on: March 14, 2016, 03:26:28 AM »
I hope he can step up this season & be our mobile ruck :pray.
Maric is competitive but his best is past him and I'm not going to even comment on the rotten spud.

We need Vickery's to put his schizophrenic sideshow ways behind him and really take it up a level this season to stake a claim at replacing Maric at first ruck.
We also need the girl Griff to string some games together and take the permanent forward spot so Vickery's can develop as a permanent ruck option which in turn eases the load on Maric.
The club that keeps giving.