Author Topic: Morgan & Ilhan should run Richmond  (Read 3662 times)

PuntRdRoar

Morgan & Ilhan should run Richmond
« on: September 10, 2004, 10:53:40 AM »
David Morgan (CEO- Westpac Bank and former RFC Reserves Player) and John Ilhan (Crazy John) should be leading any new Richmond board. They can be joined by 4 members of Schwabs ticket including the female lawyer ... and 3 members of Caseys current board...In a move aimed at bringing peace to Punt Road. Both Casey and Schwab should remove themselves from being candidates!

IMHO- David Morgan is a big hitter a person with outstanding business credentials...someone who would be taken seriously...and someone who is independent of all current parties...John Ilhan brings marketing nouse and dollars...He too has never served on a RFC board and therefore can be seen as independant. Both would bring new credibility to Richmond. If they were joined by people like Sharon Hall and Mike Humphris from Schwabs ticket and Robert Turner and Gary Cameron from Caseys ticket ...we may actually get somewhere!

I think this would be a good outcome for all.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Morgan & Ilhan should run Richmond
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 11:09:51 AM »
If anyone wants the opportunity to get on the RFC Board they have it.  And all they have to do is nominate themselves prior to the next election.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

RonBranton

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 11:32:05 AM »
David Morgan lives in Sydney - and where did you pull his name from? Has he expressed any interest?

John Ilham has what we already have too much of - ego.

KB interviewed Ian Wilson on SEN this morning. It can be summed up by Wilson's only really meaningfull quote "... anything would be better than what we have now"

IMHO he had nothing else to offer apart from reminiscing about the past.

froars

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 12:05:23 PM »
Someone put David Morgan's name up on BigFooty 6 months ago just for the heck of it i think.
Since then, his name keeps popping up with no substance.
As for crazy John, he wouldn't get my vote - but if he wants to stand, nominate as an individual and see how you go.
I really think more people would nominate for the board seeing its 9 seats up for grabs, but with this ticket option, they would think they wouldn't have a hope, as people would vote for this ticket or that one and if i ran as an independent i'd just get lost in the process.
But the Schwab ticket has ruined that for others who may well be better credentialed and want to put their hat in the ring.
They are creating a war at this club which will turn very, very bitter i think.
And while they're warring, they better cover all fronts - because if we lose Miller in all this process, i'm predicing a Richmond supporter revolution.  They better think of that while they're running around thumping their own chests and inflating they're big boofheads.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 12:11:19 PM »
KB interviewed Ian Wilson on SEN this morning. It can be summed up by Wilson's only really meaningfull quote "... anything would be better than what we have now"

IMHO he had nothing else to offer apart from reminiscing about the past.

And it’s this sort of comment that highlights the type of short-sighted goings on at RFC all these years.

If we want more of the same then all we need do is listen to Schwab, Macek, Slade, Wilson and anyone else who thinks we need to take this sort of action.

But if we want to put a stop to it then let’s have a real, proper election, like other well run Clubs do.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2004, 12:19:52 PM »
I really think more people would nominate for the board seeing its 9 seats up for grabs, but with this ticket option, they would think they wouldn't have a hope, as people would vote for this ticket or that one and if i ran as an independent i'd just get lost in the process.

Let’s hope that’s not how people think froars.  And hopefully all members would vote based on who has the best credentials to be on the Board.

They are creating a war at this club which will turn very, very bitter i think.

I’ve said it before, these people are divisive.  They are not the sort of people we need to lead us out of the mire.  They will just continue us on this path of self-sabotage and destruction.

And while they're warring, they better cover all fronts - because if we lose Miller in all this process, i'm predicing a Richmond supporter revolution. They better think of that while they're running around thumping their own chests and inflating they're big boofheads.

Gee, you're a generous, kind hearted soul froars, giving them credit for thinking they might think. :rollin

I kinda thought theirt approach was more based on "fire, ready, aim".

Jackstar

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2004, 12:24:43 PM »
Dont limit the club to just Morgan and Ilhan
Anyone with a bit of ""energy "" should nominate.Providing you are business orientated and are a leader and manager of people !
If you are good enough, you will get the votes.
Now Froars, will you vote for me ! ;)

froars

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2004, 12:33:00 PM »
Umm, are you standing Jackstar lol
Oh my god, what has Mickey Mouse started  :rollin

Jackstar

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2004, 12:38:26 PM »
Well Froars, you saw that I was in ""deep discussions "" at the B & F ;)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 12:54:18 PM by Jackstar »

froars

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2004, 12:39:22 PM »
 :shh

Jackstar

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2004, 12:43:22 PM »
Put it this way Froars , in comparison to last years elections, I would beleive that I could win votes, yes or no ?

froars

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2004, 12:45:55 PM »
You've got a big family lol
Well agreed, if DC can get as many as he did = i'm thinking you could triple that lol

Jackstar

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2004, 12:49:35 PM »
Exactly !
With all the past ""nitwits"" and current imposters sticking the hand up, why not !
I know one vote , sorry two votes I wont get. Ben Holland relatives lol

froars

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2004, 12:55:59 PM »
Well, i wouldn't want to see you go into this election counting on their support hahahahahaha!

Jackstar

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2004, 12:57:33 PM »
By the way, Morgan being the CEO of Westpac means nothing, can somebody please jolt my memory about Ian Campbell, wasnt he the CEO or Marketing Manager of Nike, ???    He lasted 9 months ! ::)