Author Topic: Robin Nahas [merged]  (Read 39101 times)

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
Re: Robin Nahas [merged]
« Reply #195 on: June 26, 2011, 11:09:29 AM »
I reckon he needs to do a few more u-turns. 267 yesterday was simply not enough.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

10 FLAGS

« Reply #196 on: June 26, 2011, 12:15:34 PM »
I reckon he needs to do a few more u-turns. 267 yesterday was simply not enough.

REMINDED me of David Rodan yesterday. If he goes down this track then hes Richmond career should be brought to an end.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #197 on: June 26, 2011, 12:19:06 PM »

REMINDED me of David Rodan yesterday. If he goes down this track then hes Richmond career should be brought to an end.

Craig Cameron probably slapped an extra 3 years on his contract when he had a purple patch a while back

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #198 on: June 26, 2011, 12:32:27 PM »
Not big enough, tries but that's it.
Trade him to GWS.  Makes too many errors. Fact that he has found a new niche should serve us well at the trade table and possibly make him more tradable to other clubs.
Notice Hawthorn Geelong and Collingwood have all traded their own players over the last few years and traded for players who have been huge contributors to flags.
Memo to Dimma trade players for picks and invest unless its a definite win for straight player swap.
Nahas= trade bait.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #199 on: June 26, 2011, 03:18:39 PM »
Robbie had an ordinary game (not robinson crusoe there) despite getting a heap of footy especially early on. Credit to him for trying to get some flow into the team but he just tried too many baulks and fancy stuff too often and turned over the footy. In high pressure situations his light frame doesn't enable him to break from tackles. My question mark on him thinking ahead to eventually when we make the finals and if he can stand up to finals pressure.

And I thought I was the only one thinking this yesterday  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #200 on: July 02, 2011, 08:38:10 PM »
on such a dark day with an all round poo performance Robbie is the only player who could go close to holding his head high.

Yeah, he made some mistakes but this is probably due to the laziness of the majority of the side in not backing up or working hard to create options.

he worked hard all day and many players could take a leaf out of his book in this aspect
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #201 on: July 02, 2011, 08:53:33 PM »
Clearly our best player today. :thumbsup

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #202 on: July 02, 2011, 09:39:52 PM »
on such a dark day with an all round poo performance Robbie is the only player who could go close to holding his head high.

Yeah, he made some mistakes but this is probably due to the laziness of the majority of the side in not backing up or working hard to create options.

he worked hard all day and many players could take a leaf out of his book in this aspect

Thought Rance put in as well.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #203 on: July 03, 2011, 09:25:49 AM »
Rance was outstanding. He was one of the very few to take a mark in the backline. His disposal was good as was his desperation. Agree Nahas tried hard. Jack was good. Kicking four goals with so little supply. Cotchin never gave up and was one of the few he won contested ball.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #204 on: July 03, 2011, 10:25:07 PM »
I thought Robbie was one of few better players who actually tried his guts out and tried to get some run and flow to our game. My only criticism of him is he doesn't have a left foot and constantly needs to circle back to get on his right when cornered on the left wing which gives the opposition those extra 5 seconds to get numbers back.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #205 on: July 04, 2011, 08:16:00 AM »
Speaking of which, I noticed dusty was constantly kicking off the outside of his right foot ( the few times he actually kicked it) rather than kicking on his left. It's not like he doesnt have a left foot ???

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #206 on: August 14, 2011, 10:07:16 PM »
Robbie interviewed after the game...

"Damien [Hardwick] has been working with me over the last three weeks to change my role a bit," he said.

"He's wanted me to run harder into the forward 50 - probably not get as much of the ball but try and impact on the scoreboard a lot more.

"It's great coaching to be honest."

Read more at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/120981/default.aspx

Ox

« Reply #207 on: August 14, 2011, 10:25:04 PM »
LMAO! "It's great coaching to be honest."

Little stuffin habibi gets to kick goals-of course he loves it. :lol

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #208 on: August 14, 2011, 10:26:59 PM »
 :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Robin Nahas on Radio Sport National (audio)
« Reply #209 on: August 26, 2011, 04:06:11 AM »
Nahas was interviewed on Radio Sport National (the old Sport 927) yesterday. Here's the full audio:

http://www.radiosportnat.com.au/audioplayer/1314233487.mp3

The 23-year-old has played all 20 games this season, kicking 21 goals and averaging nearly 20 possessions per game.

He attributes his improvement in 2011 to a huge pre-season, which provided his fitness levels with a significant boost.

“Coming off the rookie list, you don’t get too many chances to impress, and my year last year was pretty bare, so I knew that I had to come in this year and give everything I had,” Nahas said.

“I knew I had to get myself super-fit and really impress because when you get your chances at AFL level you’ve got to take them . . .
“Fitness is one of the massive keys to playing AFL football . . . being able to run from contest to contest puts you in many more positions to get the football.

‘If you’re continually running all day, sometimes, by luck, you get the ball because you just seem to be in the right spot.

“That seemed to happen to me this year, where I was capable of getting from contest to contest, and the more contests you get to, the more ball you can win.”

Full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/121908/default.aspx