Author Topic: Robin Nahas [merged]  (Read 39091 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Robin Nahas [merged]
« Reply #210 on: October 20, 2011, 08:58:25 PM »
Robbie looks enthralled to be at MMM today lol.

http://twitpic.com/72yaxu

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #211 on: October 20, 2011, 09:04:35 PM »
saw robbie today at the club. He was the only one in the gym.  ::)

My friend decided  to go up to him and give him some ideas of how to improve his game. :banghead :banghead
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

dwaino

« Reply #212 on: October 21, 2011, 01:26:03 AM »
You blokes normally highlight the points in interviews. Not sure how many here listen to triple M so I'll try and do the same thing. I've always got Triple M on at work and in the car. I'm the leading hand in my section of the workshop which also happens to be where the radio is so I have final say, but I can't handle SEN all bloody day. I need to zone out to some cool bogan tunes :p anyway:

*Nahas grew up a mad Geelong supporter.
*Lives with his mum rent free.
*Shouted his mum to Lebanon last year.
*his mum calls him 'mum.' He said it's a 'Leb' thing.
*Favourite food is garlic prawns...
*He said he is unsure if he, Kingy or Grigg will get a short break after the International Rules matches or will be straight into preseason.
*he said the plan is consistency and to not have those mid year slumps where it's like the team ventured off into the wilderness.
*enjoys playing in the forward line because he reckons the different chants for each player from the cheer squad give him a laugh.

Yeah they aren't as regimented on the Ms with the interviews  :lol. Especially when it's Wilba doing the questions. Brayshaw said he was stoked to finally get Nahas in the studio because Nahas, Jack and King are their favorites. When Brayshaw first introduced Nahas he made mention to the new feel of the Tigers including the new logo but didn't ask for Robbie's thoughts on it.

There ya go. A little light hearted :p

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #213 on: October 21, 2011, 05:58:21 AM »
Cheers dwaino  :cheers

*enjoys playing in the forward line because he reckons the different chants for each player from the cheer squad give him a laugh.
His chant is pretty simple - Rob-bie Na-has Rob-bie Na-has Rob-bie Na-has lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #214 on: November 10, 2011, 04:24:17 PM »
Robbie turns 24 today  :birthday

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Robbie Nahas - small Tiger shows bite (afl site)
« Reply #215 on: April 14, 2012, 08:28:40 PM »
Small Tiger shows bite
By Nick Bowen
7:42 PM Sat 14 Apr, 2012

AT HIS best, Robin Nahas is as captivating as any small forward playing the game.

The 49,826 people who attended Richmond's 59-point win over Melbourne at the MCG on Saturday were lucky enough to see the 24-year-old Tiger at his very best.

Against the Demons, Nahas kicked 2.2, had three scoring assists, 21 possessions and six inside-50s.

Yes, these are good numbers for a small forward. But they don't truly capture the extent to which Nahas ran Melbourne's defence ragged, or the way he was able to create scoring chances out of nothing, with his speed, evasive trickery and selfless passing.

In Richmond's match-winning nine-goal third quarter, Nahas had a direct hand in two.

First, he shimmied his way around several Demons defenders and hit Shaun Grigg with a well-weighted pass. Four minutes later, he won a free kick after pinging Melbourne defender Colin Garland in a tackle, then - not for the first time - left everyone in his wake, playing on and goaling unopposed in the goalsquare.

In the last quarter, Nahas was at his brilliant best again, making Demons defenders look like witches hats as he ran along the boundary line and set up a Trent Cotchin goal with a banana-kick that hit his teammate on the chest.

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick enjoyed Nahas' performance almost as much as the fans. But he said after the game Nahas had to learn to produce his best more often.

"He's probably had an inconsistent build-up to the year, but I think today when he plays genuinely inside that forward half of the ground, and when we get the ball in to that level, he certainly can cause some sides some trouble," Hardwick said.

"His tackle pressure I thought was enormous ... but that's a thing that keeps those (small forwards) in the game.

"He's still got some work to do, Robbie, he's still got to learn to work his way through quiet patches. But we're certainly happy with the way he's going at the moment."

Nahas, himself, was even more reserved about his performance after the game. Like most modern footballers, he deflected the credit elsewhere, praising Richmond's defenders for their pressure and his midfielders for their "very deep" inside-50 entries in the second half.

Nahas also said he was just as happy to be dishing off goals to teammates as he was scoring them himself.

"It's always good to assist your teammates, either way it's six points, so it really doesn't matter who kicks it," Nahas said.

"So if the guys are in a better place than me, I'm definitely going to kick the ball to them."

http://www.afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabid/208/newsId/133096/Default.aspx

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #216 on: April 15, 2012, 08:17:36 AM »
Loved some of his clever evasive work today, he got out of traffic that should not of been possible on multiple occasions
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #217 on: April 15, 2012, 08:28:40 AM »
it's a shame he cant kick on his left though. that would round his game off nicely
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #218 on: April 15, 2012, 10:00:27 AM »
Return to form for Nahorse. As the article suggests, he's a quality player when he's up and about.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #219 on: April 15, 2012, 12:14:50 PM »
His chasing and his energy was top notch. Played a great game. Good on him. Really exposed a top heavy Melbourne which he had to do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #220 on: April 16, 2012, 05:11:13 AM »

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #221 on: April 16, 2012, 07:28:42 AM »
Sthpeshal!
Lots of people name their swords......

Tigermonk

« Reply #222 on: April 16, 2012, 08:40:04 AM »
why he was in the red jacket against the skunks has me stumped when we had Jackson running around like a headless rooster making mistakes

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #223 on: April 29, 2012, 06:24:58 PM »
Must have had a shut down job on an eagle today. Did anyone see who it was?

Ruanaidh

« Reply #224 on: April 29, 2012, 06:43:50 PM »
Must have had a shut down job on an eagle today. Did anyone see who it was?
Has he ever played well at Etihad????? I think the tighter ground and deep pockets don't suit him at all......but then again Milne seems to do ok there :-\