Author Topic: Robin Nahas [merged]  (Read 39085 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Robin Nahas [merged]
« Reply #240 on: July 09, 2012, 05:29:02 PM »
ivan loves him so he stays on the list

have heard it's robbie's job to pick the nits out of the mullet after playing collingwood, carlton and essendon

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #241 on: July 09, 2012, 05:33:21 PM »
 :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #242 on: July 09, 2012, 05:40:49 PM »
One of the few who kicked straight. Showed alot of courage. Couple of times in 3rd quarter should have got free kicks for high tackles. Good game. Seems to like playing against Melbourne

the claw

« Reply #243 on: August 05, 2012, 02:44:32 PM »
just thought id bring this thread up.

some having a go at me because i continue to criticise this bloke despite him kicking a few goals.

what i see.

1/ skills -  has no penetration in his kicking.
hes so one sided its not funny  lost count of the times this has cost us goals. totally lacks polish for a little guy.

2/ always falling over its a constant.

3/ size- well that encompases several things.
is constantly brushed aside, hes just not strong enough one on one  or when over the ball.

4/ just does not get involved in games enough. a common theme is him going missing for huge chunks of games.
all these things and more have been and remain constants with this bloke. he is not a afl quality small and despite him bobbing up in the odd game kicking goals we must do better than him.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #244 on: August 05, 2012, 02:50:26 PM »
Consistency a big issue

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #245 on: August 05, 2012, 02:52:51 PM »
Would rather Nahas than King.

Yep one sided and tries to beat the same man twice too much dancing and prancing before disposing of the footy but as I said if we had to play one would rather play Nahas than King.

Need someone more solid yet nippy who can play both sides of the body.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #246 on: August 05, 2012, 03:25:30 PM »

Yep one sided and tries to beat the same man twice too much dancing and prancing before disposing of the footy but as I said if we had to play one would rather play Nahas than King.

has so much more in the kit bag than kingy who really is lucky to be getting a game to be frank....yes he may be a past master at the 1%ers but sheesh dropping chest marks. and failing to kick goals as a FP..cashes in most of them ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #247 on: August 05, 2012, 03:33:12 PM »

has so much more in the kit bag than kingy who really is lucky to be getting a game to be frank....yes he may be a past master at the 1%ers but sheesh dropping chest marks. and failing to kick goals as a FP..cashes in most of them ::)

Not all of them BJ.

Nahas can tend to go missing in games against the real elite sides. Memo to Collingwood Geelong W Coast games this year and a special mention to both Nahas and King in the Essendon game and throw in Miller who played that night how we got that close with those 3 and the petulance of Jack who kicked 1 goal was quite remarkable. If only one of those three as Miller footy wise is not much had stood up well I won't go into the variables.....

10 FLAGS

« Reply #248 on: August 05, 2012, 03:33:38 PM »
trade him. maybe therell be a club who has seen that he has kicked afew goals this season and we can pinch a draft pick for him.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #249 on: August 05, 2012, 03:46:18 PM »
Reckon Robin cops a raw deal. Not many small forwards have been better than him this year.

Gigantor

« Reply #250 on: August 05, 2012, 03:49:06 PM »
Both robin and jake play their role well.but both play under the limitation at the moment of not having a big "pack splitter" centre half forward

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #251 on: August 05, 2012, 04:07:37 PM »
nahas has kicked near 30g hasnt he...nice work if you can get it ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #252 on: August 05, 2012, 10:20:12 PM »

Some facts for balance

- Robbie is equal 5th for small forwards in goals kicked to date.  Only Milne, Jetta, Rioli and Betts have kicked more.
- Of the top eight (by goals kicked) small forwards he has laid the 3rd highest amount of tackles.
- He's our second highest goal kicker.

Earning his pay based on that.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #253 on: August 05, 2012, 10:24:27 PM »

Some facts for balance

- Robbie is equal 5th for small forwards in goals kicked to date.  Only Milne, Jetta, Rioli and Betts have kicked more.
- Of the top eight (by goals kicked) small forwards he has laid the 3rd highest amount of tackles.
- He's our second highest goal kicker.

Earning his pay based on that.

Consistency a big issue

good points with both of these posts. also agree with claw.

No use Robbie kicking 5 when it doesn't matter. I want to see him kick goals in big games (which he is capable of). It just comes down to consistency. If he's not kicking goals then he's not providing us anything that is of great value

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #254 on: August 05, 2012, 10:45:38 PM »
The stats say it all, RN has heaps of go, tackles and creates goals, if JW had his work ethic....
for me I think Robbie is the least of our worries at Tigerland. He created 2 goals on his own against North while Jack was sulking.