Author Topic: Robin Nahas [merged]  (Read 39506 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Robin Nahas [merged]
« Reply #375 on: August 17, 2012, 07:51:31 PM »
...and the upgrade is?
certainly no one our list at the moment

I can make a strong case for Edwards but I'm pretty bloody lazy. So just take my word for it.
I think when you upgrade someone you bring someone new in, someone to take his spot in the side.
Al, we have so many good players on our list surely we can assume there is a burger waiting in the wings to step straight in?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #376 on: August 17, 2012, 09:29:02 PM »
Why trade a consistent player over the past 3 years?

Nahas numbers stack up - so don't think he would be traded unless another club makes a "great" offer - and given the availability of players in his position it is not likely to happen.

Barring injury he will be playing 1oo games
No doubt he's done well for himself and has done a pretty good job.

.... But he'll never win you a final. Players like him (who get blown over by a strong breeze) tend to go missing against good teams that play regular finals footy. Just too easily pushed off the ball by a bigger bodied defender.

Trade him now before it's too late. He's got currency.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #377 on: August 17, 2012, 09:47:47 PM »
you trade players that are not required, not because they have currency.

you need someone on your list remotely looking like taking over. That we dont have.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #378 on: August 17, 2012, 10:08:37 PM »
Trade him for a 2nd rounder

Pick up Ben Kennedy with 1st Pick in the National Draft to replace Nahas
And use the 2nd rounder from Nahas to get in another player via a trade.

Are you suggesting we use our first r pick on a fella 5ft 4 has history taught you nothing ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

gerkin greg

« Reply #379 on: August 18, 2012, 12:13:50 AM »
Only has to be half as good as the prodigy maric and he'll be worth it  ::)

Stuffing whoa

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #380 on: August 18, 2012, 01:46:45 AM »
Trade him for a 2nd rounder

Pick up Ben Kennedy with 1st Pick in the National Draft to replace Nahas
And use the 2nd rounder from Nahas to get in another player via a trade.

Are you suggesting we use our first r pick on a fella 5ft 4 has history taught you nothing ::)

1. That it's not about how big you are but how you use it or
2. size doesn't matter? (Or so I was told.  :shh)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #381 on: December 06, 2012, 07:45:49 PM »
After four seasons of AFL football, the now 25-year-old Nahas has scored a total of 97 goals from 77 games, and he’s rightfully being acclaimed as another success story of the AFL’s rookie-list system.

This year, Nahas again played all 22 games, and he booted a league career-high 34 goals, to finish second (behind Jack Riewoldt) on the Tigers’ goalkicking table.

Read the full article here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/152146/default.aspx

VIDEO: Best of Nahas
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/152146/default.aspx#embedvideoplayer

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #382 on: December 06, 2012, 08:30:00 PM »
His graph is undoubtedly going in the right direction, but his major flaw of being such a one sided player I think means that he will be the first to lose his fwd pocket spot if and when a better option presents itself. There is of course the problem of him getting bumped off the ball so easily. This is something I can cope with if the player is a genuine speedster which I think Nahas is. I can't believe people are saying that Aaron Edwards should get a game in front of him. But until someone better comes along, it's Nahas' spot, I actually hope the graph keeps going and he kicks 50 goals and shoves it up critics like me.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 11:19:22 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #383 on: December 08, 2012, 06:18:46 PM »
Should've traded him whilst he has currency.
He's done very well for himself but he's not a finals player. He struggles against the big bodied backs.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #384 on: December 08, 2012, 07:08:35 PM »
He's done very well for himself but he's not a finals player. He struggles against the big bodied backs.

Doesn't mean he isn't useful.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #385 on: December 08, 2012, 07:19:17 PM »

No he's very useful doubt about it. But he goes missing against the better teams. I think clubs would've jumped at the prospect of having Nahas on their list. He's mature he's a team player and he has a lot of upside. I would think his currency would be peaking about now.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #386 on: December 08, 2012, 07:52:05 PM »

No he's very useful doubt about it. But he goes missing against the better teams. I think clubs would've jumped at the prospect of having Nahas on their list. He's mature he's a team player and he has a lot of upside. I would think his currency would be peaking about now.
I've never understood the logic of trading a player that is doing well with upside. Particularly in a team that hasn't played finals for 11 years. I'd have expected you keep every decent player and top up until you play finals. The you might trade for the sake of list balance.
I know we worry some clubs with our pace in the forward line - it's a strength that Nahas compliments.
Plenty of players who are on sided in the AFL, stop raising stuff because its suit a flawed arguement.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

the claw

« Reply #387 on: December 08, 2012, 08:36:14 PM »
read a few posts here that proclaims nahas upside. could someone please tell us what that supposed upside is.
hea a small no let me rephrase. hes a tiny  who is very very limited. so one sided its not funny. he lacks polish and he is forever being outbodied and falling over. his over all skills for a small are ordinary.
kudos to him hes got every skerrick of talent out of himself  but there is no upside not a small at age 25 with his deficiencies.

After four seasons of AFL football, the now 25-year-old Nahas has scored a total of 97 goals from 77 games, and he’s rightfully being acclaimed as another success story of the AFL’s rookie-list system.

This year, Nahas again played all 22 games, and he booted a league career-high 34 goals, to finish second (behind Jack Riewoldt) on the Tigers’ goalkicking table.

Read the full article here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/152146/default.aspx

VIDEO: Best of Nahas
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/152146/default.aspx#embedvideoplayer

i agree with these comments as far as a rookie pick goes hes a success story hes actually a mature rookie pick and the comparison against young rookies is not so glamorous. to be a success story he only had to be one of the about every 6 rookies who play for a decent period. as a rookie we have got a decent return out of him thing is just because hes a rookie success story it doesnt mean hes a good footballer.
hes the perfect example of value adding its time to value add again.

you trade players that are not required, not because they have currency.

you need someone on your list remotely looking like taking over. That we dont have.
hmm a little fella called shane edwards had abetter yr than nahas who despite kicking 34 goals was quite deplorable in a lot of games.
we just drafted aaron edwards who is a medium and a different type of player. we also took chris knights who has spent a lot of time as a forward. i dont see the point in comparing them.

to me nahas is in competition with two other sml forwards for a spot. they are s edwards and kingy. we also took a far more skilled and polished player than any of them in mathew mcdonough who by all reports is ready to go.
imo we can afford to play only 1 limited sml forward that player atm has to be s edwards.
for me the sooner a kid like mcdonough shows enough to play the glass half fulls like nahas and king would go to coburg.

sml forwards - mcdonough, s edwards, king, nahas, leading contender for me s edwards.
med forwards -  a edwards, o'hanlon, with martin knights deledio and cotchin all mids who play forward very well. they should rotate thru there. martin imo because of a lack of areobic capacity atm should again spend significant time forward.

so there are plenty who look more than capable of taking over his role the sooner the better imo.we cannot go with a similar sort of forward setup to last yr.  simply put it was a massive failure the way our forward line functioned.

what will pee me off is if we take maric again there really is no need at the moment to target what has been a very ordinary player whos had 4 yrs in the afl and done nothing.

still think we need to play a genuine 2nd ruck/for in a pocket vickery.  we need to play two genuine kpfs riewoldt and one of griffiths / astbury  / elton. rotate the likes of  martin cotchin deledio and knights thru there.  play a genuine medium sized player who gives you the option of going smaller if you wish thru a game but he plays tall. and finally one small who for me atm is s edwards but im hoping the better skilled mcdonough can force his way in later in the yr.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #388 on: December 08, 2012, 09:53:28 PM »
all well and good claw.
you reckon you could redo your essay only including blokes who were actually on the list when i posted that comment?

don't forget that nahas and edwards were playing alongside each other, as was king when fit
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #389 on: December 08, 2012, 10:00:03 PM »
He's a gun
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh