Author Topic: Otto a man in demand  (Read 38037 times)

Jackstar

Re: Otto a man in demand
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2004, 09:40:09 AM »
Lets have a team of goers, agree with you disco

Offline shawry

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2004, 09:44:20 AM »
You really dont rate him do you Jackstar?

Offline tigers80

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2004, 10:19:02 AM »
out with the old in with the new.

Jackstar

« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2004, 10:20:27 AM »
And I will explain why Shawry.
he is on $425 plus a year and i cant remember him winning a game off his own boot.
I can remember guys like Andrew Krakouer kicking 5 against the bombers last year and winning the game for us.Sorry but I cant remember Brad.
I have an issue with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ If he was on the same money as Ray Hall, i probably wouldnt mind. Just remember we use 100 % of the salary cap and finished on the bottom , so its fair to say that something isnt right.
Gas has accepted a pay cut ($125,000) and has also stated he owes the club. Pity Brad doesnt do the same , except his Management go and talk to other clubs

Offline Disco

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2004, 11:20:16 AM »
Spot on Jack!

Overated over paid Hack who didnt poll a vote in the brownlow!

The sooner we realise as a club that we need drastic change and by that i mean a youth policy which develops players into 300 gamers that are interested in the club and what the jumper stands for not. "How much can I squeeze out of this club!

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2004, 11:41:41 AM »
Again, all I will say is I'll wait and see what Brad has to say before giving him a spray...Like it or not, he is still currently an RFC employee, and I'll support him until he happens to officially become a money-grubbing, backstabbing idiot.  :lol

Thank you for your time. :rollin
« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 11:43:45 AM by Fwoy3 »
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

froars

« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2004, 11:59:53 AM »
Fence sitter Fwoy lol

Hey Shawry, the umps didn't rate him either - no votes!

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2004, 12:04:49 PM »
A leopard never changes its spots and I remember his contract renewal back in 2001.  It might just be a quirky coincidence that things are unfolding in a similar-ish manner and it’s just in my nature to be cynical about these things.

However, your approach is probably a reasonable one at this stage Fwoy3.  After all, do we know for sure whether it’s RFC who is stalling things or Otto and his management?  And Otto isn't even here to defend himself.

We’ll see what unfolds … and then go all out attack. :rollin
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

froars

« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2004, 12:08:57 PM »
Fwoy = a fair and reasonable Richmond supporter lol

What's the world coming to hey!

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2004, 12:16:33 PM »
Again, all I will say is I'll wait and see what Brad has to say before giving him a spray...Like it or not, he is still currently an RFC employee, and I'll support him until he happens to officially become a money-grubbing, backstabbing idiot.  :lol

I'm with you Fwoy3.
I heard Ottens say he wants to stay and that he owes the club. Until I hear him say otherwise he's a champ who has the best interests of the club at heart.
The media twist the truth, omit facts and add bits for spice to sell stories. I doubt their normal practice has changed in reporting speculation about Ottens.

Example:
Tigers play hard ball with Ottens
Jon Pierik - Herald Sun
23sep04

"SYDNEY will have to look elsewhere for a new ruckman after Richmond last night emphatically reiterated its desire to keep Brad Ottens.

And in a warning for the out-of-contract big man, Tigers coach Terry Wallace said he would look to use the club's No. 1 pick in the pre-season draft to hold on to Ottens, if he wanted out."

Someone please set me straight, but I'm sure you can't redraft a player who puts himself into the PSD unless you meet his demands for $$$ and length of contract. If so, I'd say Jon Pierik is making it up because I have no doubt Wallace would know the rules.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

froars

« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2004, 12:22:32 PM »
Fencesitting FishFinger-Fwoy - must be something in the letter F lol
FFS lol - this little effer doesn't share your opinion thank God  :rollin

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2004, 01:04:55 PM »

I am with you on this one Fwoy3 - I am sure we will know soon. The moment he steps off the plane I sure some credible journo will be there to get the scope :lol

A leopard never changes its spots and I remember his contract renewal back in 2001.  It might just be a quirky coincidence that things are unfolding in a similar-ish manner and it’s just in my nature to be cynical about these things.

The problems in 2000 - well I am not sure there was one because Brad said very little but the papers said alot about him going home.

The contract extension in early 2002 was a Mark Brayshaw special - promised members good news early in the season but it took until mid-season. Brayshaw had a habit of telling us good news when there was actually no news :thumbsup

Someone please set me straight, but I'm sure you can't redraft a player who puts himself into the PSD unless you meet his demands for $$$ and length of contract. If so, I'd say Jon Pierik is making it up because I have no doubt Wallace would know the rules.

Well FF I'm confused too but Weaver said on Big Footy that a player in the pre-season draft can be re-drafted by their old team if the player consents. Don't quite understand how it works to be honest. I have never ever seen a player re-drafted by their old team in the PSD.

Because if it comes to him nominating for the PSD (and I am now thinking it wont) then Brad Ottens can put a price on his head and if we were to re-draft him at his said price then that would defeat the purpose of them asking him to take a pay cut wouldn't it?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

RonBranton

« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2004, 01:16:33 PM »
Let's put some perspective on this.

Otto was All Australian in 2001 so I think he was entitled to a good contract (he was out of contract end of 2001.) His new one was for three years - low 300s, mid 300s and this year low 400s.

It was substantially below what was offered by Port Adelaide.

His contract is now up for renewal. He has been offered a reduced contract. His only public statements have been well considered, moderate and perfectly reasonable. He has been overseas for the past two weeks. Let's all take a deep breath and see what transpires - too much aggro being directed towards him imho.

;D  ;D
« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 01:22:32 PM by RonBranton »

Ox

« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2004, 01:30:04 PM »
Journalists with little dix are responsible for this latest outburst.

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2004, 01:36:09 PM »
LMAO @ Ox breaking it down to it's bare...erm...bones  ;D
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.