Author Topic: Kelli Underwood  (Read 3358 times)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Kelli Underwood
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2009, 11:50:33 AM »
Hearing her commentate illustrated all the problems that exist with the modern game IMHO

Our game has been satinised almost beyong recongnition to the game i grew up to love in the 1980s.

With demetriou putting adrian anderson in charge the game is run to appease soccer moms, the football tragics will just have to learn to adapt and no doubt we will.

The game is largely little to no contact and will continue to resemble the game the afl is absolutely poo scared of being replaced by ( soccer ), Rolling zones and possession football which avoids contests makes for a much less visually appealling product. AFL has a historical reputation for brutality. Demetriou has made it his mandate to make it more appealling to the decision maker in most family's ..... the mum. My question is, at what cost. The bump is slowly but surely been outlawed, to appease worried mothers of injuries to there over parented, over protected offspring.

I guess the final straw is to have a whining woman commentate as well, soccer moms would love that too, what about the rest of us? I hope we dont have hear here annoying voice again, but I doubt it. What is this world coming to?

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2009, 01:17:15 PM »

I guess the final straw is to have a whining woman commentate as well, soccer moms would love that too, what about the rest of us? I hope we dont have hear here annoying voice again, but I doubt it. What is this world coming to?

Whining woman?  ::)
I usually enjoy reading your comments but that is ridiculous.
And as I understand it we have no soccer moms here.
If the state of football is down to women in this country then I'd say the men have no balls.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Moi

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2009, 01:24:33 PM »

Whining woman?  ::)
I usually enjoy reading your comments but that is ridiculous.
And as I understand it we have no soccer moms here.
If the state of football is down to women in this country then I'd say the men have no balls.
Yep, I take offence as well.
Typical dinosaur comments  :sleep

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2009, 02:35:52 PM »

I actually agree

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2009, 10:02:19 PM »
boring as batshit...

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2009, 12:18:43 AM »
Hearing her commentate illustrated all the problems that exist with the modern game IMHO

Our game has been satinised almost beyong recongnition to the game i grew up to love in the 1980s.

With demetriou putting adrian anderson in charge the game is run to appease soccer moms, the football tragics will just have to learn to adapt and no doubt we will.

The game is largely little to no contact and will continue to resemble the game the afl is absolutely poo scared of being replaced by ( soccer ), Rolling zones and possession football which avoids contests makes for a much less visually appealling product. AFL has a historical reputation for brutality. Demetriou has made it his mandate to make it more appealling to the decision maker in most family's ..... the mum. My question is, at what cost. The bump is slowly but surely been outlawed, to appease worried mothers of injuries to there over parented, over protected offspring.

correct.

You know that annoying sound of fingertips running down the board at school. Well thats what it felt like listening to that Underwood on Channel 10.

I was actually embarrassed for her it was that bad. She is a nice sort though maybe a career elsewhere beckons.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 03:54:26 AM »
Sounds like it was a once off......for the time being.Also an example of channel 10 trying to reinvent the wheel.

If not wanting kelli to commentate games makes me a dinosour, I will happily change my name to T-REX.lol
Unleash the tornado

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2009, 11:39:31 AM »
Don't think its necessarily footy...

Look on a saturday night just about any big city in Australia you'll see half the men in girls jeans. Sons of Germaine Greers disciples. Masculinity is not really in vogue......

But couldn't be bothered about Kelli Underwood, got bigger issues than whether the person commentating on the footy I'm watching has a set of nuts between their legs.

Besides, we put up with Bruce McAvaney's limp wristed knee touching queerness for how long? This is hardly a far stretch..

Moi

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2009, 11:51:26 AM »
Sounds like it was a once off......for the time being.Also an example of channel 10 trying to reinvent the wheel.

If not wanting kelli to commentate games makes me a dinosour, I will happily change my name to T-REX.lol

Don't want to misinterpret you or Blaisee, but are you both saying women shouldn't be in the game at all, or just this instance?

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2009, 01:03:54 PM »
I dont really care as long as she gets the players names right, as that is one thing that peeves me off

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2009, 01:11:28 PM »
Don't want to misinterpret you or Blaisee, but are you both saying women shouldn't be in the game at all, or just this instance?

I know one woman who shouldn't be involved at all, this particular woman who doesn't follow any sports whatsoever can't see what the big deal is about a RFC game on Fox.  She can't see the need for me to be focused 100% on the TV and not her or the screaming children when the tiges are on  :whistle

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2009, 02:13:12 PM »

Moi....I have alot of respect for Caroline Wilson and look forward to seeing her on Footy Classified every Monday.
I think its great that we have a female goal umpire.
I believe Football is a form of entertainment and having Kelli commentate detracts from my enjoyment of the game.This is just the way I feel.
I dont like Will Smith either and wont watch any of his movies .I hope that doesn't make me racist.

Unleash the tornado

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2009, 02:31:29 PM »

I have a question for you,

Is Ms Underwood the best person they could find for the job, or the best female they could find for the job?

Therin lies your answer ;)

I am all for equality, but this is a case of rampant reverse sexism . Its ridiculous.

You could find 1000 blokes to do the job as well as Kelli did it, but no, we have to give the job to a woman, paying no regard to her relative ability ( or lack of ability for that matter )

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2009, 02:54:55 PM »
You could find 1000 blokes to do the job as well as Kelli did it, but no, we have to give the job to a woman, paying no regard to her relative ability ( or lack of ability for that matter )

Well in that case why didn't they? Use one of the 1000 blokes I mean. Perhaps she was the best person for the job after all. ::)

You need to get that chip on your shoulder seen to.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Moi

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2009, 03:06:20 PM »
I have a question for you,

Is Ms Underwood the best person they could find for the job, or the best female they could find for the job?

Therin lies your answer ;)

I am all for equality, but this is a case of rampant reverse sexism . Its ridiculous.

She's probably not the best for the job and wouldn't have been my choice.
But is Grant Hackett the best sports news presenter?
I really doubt it.
Horses for courses on this topic.  We both can provide lots of examples where someone has been used for a job that others can do better.
But what I was askiing you was if you thought there was a place for women in footy was more what I was asking.
I gather from your above answer you're not totally against women if they're the right person for the job.  That's good, but hey, I can find just as many blokes in footy that are frauds and/or annoy the crap out of me as well.