Author Topic: Ruckmen at Tigerland  (Read 11826 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Ruckmen at Tigerland
« Reply #105 on: October 06, 2013, 09:52:32 AM »
I really think we need to forget about McBean a ruckman, we ruined Griff by trying to turn him into a backman when he came to the club as a forward, lets not do the same with McBean.

But McBean played as a ruckman in the U19, so I think there is a difference. I reckon he will be able to play both roles. Just think we need to give him time to develop properly. And when I say develop I am talking more about letting him develop physically and grow into his frame

Griffiths isn't the first me will he be the last kid to come up from the TAC  and be sent down back to learn something about defence. I have always believed that's one of the faults with the TAC comp, kids aren't taught the defensive side of the game. Lids being the perfect example.

That's why Grifff went back there.

Ok, I didn't realise that, cheers. He could play both roles, yes agree, and I agree with letting him develop into his frame. It will actually be good to see him after the pre-season..if he is able to complete a full pre-season that is.

Yes it is important to learn defense and lets hope Griff has done that to some extent, I still think he needs to be plonked at FF for about 4 weeks to see what happens. Maybe the NAB Cup is the time to do that...I just hopes he makes it.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #106 on: October 06, 2013, 10:16:50 AM »

Yes it is important to learn defense and lets hope Griff has done that to some extent, I still think he needs to be plonked at FF for about 4 weeks to see what happens. Maybe the NAB Cup is the time to do that...I just hopes he makes it.

I would actually like to see Griffiths plonked at CHF and left there for 4-5 weeks
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: October 06, 2013, 10:32:24 AM »

I would actually like to see Griffiths plonked at CHF and left there for 4-5 weeks

Yes, even better WP!!!

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Gigantor

« Reply #108 on: October 06, 2013, 11:09:09 AM »
Agree ..plonk him at CHF and leave him there for several weeks.
My hope is that once left there he actually tries to find the pill

dwaino

« Reply #109 on: October 06, 2013, 11:53:08 AM »
Can Griffiths even string 4-5 games together?  ::)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #110 on: October 06, 2013, 11:58:14 AM »
Can Griffiths even string 4-5 games together?  ::)

If they name him in the side yes, but that's the problem, they don't give him that chance.

Injuries were not his problem this year, he wasn't selected and when he was he was not given a long enough go.

"Rucks:

dwaino

« Reply #111 on: October 06, 2013, 12:00:58 PM »
Maybe he should pull his finger out and warrant selection then  ::)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #112 on: October 06, 2013, 12:10:31 PM »

Yes there is that too, I agree, but in a side like Coburg last year as a forward how much opportunity did he have. They were on the wrong side of a few walloping's.. :-\

"Rucks:

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #113 on: October 06, 2013, 12:11:29 PM »

Like Lonergan?

dwaino

« Reply #114 on: October 06, 2013, 01:35:03 PM »

Yes there is that too, I agree, but in a side like Coburg last year as a forward how much opportunity did he have. They were on the wrong side of a few walloping's.. :-\

Still didn't stop the Beaner from kicking goals or Darrou breaking even as an undersized FB. Apparently Griff has had some off field issues? Will give him the benefit of the doubt for now and I used to like him but no one can sugar coat how disappointing he was this year and how lucky he is to still be on a list. Between him and Arseberry I don't know who was more lack luster.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #115 on: October 06, 2013, 01:47:32 PM »
griff was often playing full back.

do you relise that running with the forward and punching does not reflect in a kick or handball possession?

griff couldnt play forward line because often mcgaune was in that position  :banghead

when mcgaune was in seniors and griff was forward (did this ever happen) who was left to kick him the ball? vlastuin? no arrnot? no

just a bunch of coburg listed retards like abdullah  :banghead

Gigantor

« Reply #116 on: October 06, 2013, 01:50:16 PM »
And then theres always................go and win the ball yourself

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #117 on: October 06, 2013, 02:14:26 PM »
hes 200cm you knobjockey

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #118 on: October 06, 2013, 02:31:08 PM »
Oh my
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #119 on: October 06, 2013, 03:42:39 PM »
Lmao some quality here, he is too tall too get the ball and should get a game because he is big benny G