Author Topic: March to go public tomorrow  (Read 2338 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: March to go public tomorrow
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2009, 08:11:36 PM »
Thanks to Y&B forum again  :clapping

Here's the audio for those that missed it:

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-football-blog/no-marching-orders-for-plough/20090329-9fe2.html

Caro asked March about our older players like Bowden and whether they should have retired last year. March said Joel, Richo and Browny carried us through our 8 wins in the second half of last year. All three were important to that.

The rest is well summarized by Woody on Y&B.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2009, 08:46:02 PM »
Heard it and was pleasantly surprised by his interview. Still of the view that he perhaps should sit back and say nothing. Eddie should butt out of the Tiges affairs...he definitely has a confict of interest with his journo/president roles.

Eddie wont butt out because with his conflict he can deflect attention of the Pies and their loss and Mick's future
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2009, 09:03:37 PM »
Gary actually did well in the interview. Nice to Damian Barrett get a deserving whack lol. Is Shaw now an expert in the effects of drugs on hamstrings...

One of them could have picked March up on the comment that there are still holes in our list when we've said over preseason we were lock and loaded to go but Gary got away with it even though what he said was correct. There are still holes or at least young players who need a few years to develop to fill these holes. More the 2011-12 range.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2009, 09:11:46 PM »
just listened to it and i have to say I was very impressed with Gary March

Finally someone gave Barrett the whack he deserves, especially after Saturday's article (which I haven't been able to find on the web)

Had no problem with how he handled Shaw, who came across as a nuffer. Tony proved what an imbecile he is

Had chuckle when Tony Shaw said "gary you're not listening to me"... quite frankly Tony no-one wants to  :rollin

Time for us to go on the attack me thinks

:gotigers

Jackstar is back

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2009, 09:53:28 PM »
Tony Shaw admits he has not been a wrap on our list for 3-4 years. Foot skills are no good and have not improved. Do you feel that you are improving even that you won 8 out of last 11 but only 1 against a top 8 side. Shaw thinks 8-9 players on the list are not good enough.

Would think that the above comment made by Tony Shaw is correct though. 100%

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2009, 10:00:00 PM »
Tony Shaw admits he has not been a wrap on our list for 3-4 years. Foot skills are no good and have not improved. Do you feel that you are improving even that you won 8 out of last 11 but only 1 against a top 8 side. Shaw thinks 8-9 players on the list are not good enough.

Sadly for Tony Jack his opinion doesn't count for much as he just comes across as just being bitter.... correct me if I wrong but didn't he apply for the RFC job once and got knocked back ???

Also the one thing that Shaw forgot to acknowledge and March picked him up on was the one top 8 team we beat was the team that won the flag; Hawthorn .... or doesnt' that count for anything 

Jackstar is back

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2009, 10:03:22 PM »

Sadly for Tony Jack his opinion doesn't count for much as he just comes across as just being bitter.... correct me if I wrong but didn't he apply for the RFC job once and got knocked back ???

Also the one thing that Shaw forgot to acknowledge and March picked him up on was the one top 8 team we beat was the team that won the flag; Hawthorn .... or doesnt' that count for anything 

Interesting game that one, betting trends suggest that the Dawks werent on there game that week. ;) It actually probably doesnt count for anything, Pies beats Cats by 75 points last year too

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2009, 10:04:38 PM »
Interesting game that one, betting trends suggest that the Dawks werent on there game that week. ;) It actually probably doesnt count for anything, Pies beats Cats by 75 points last year too

Hmmm what are you implying

And you didn't answer both questions  ;)

Somethings never change  ;)

Jackstar is back

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2009, 10:09:02 PM »
He did apply for a job, an assistant roles, was never in contention though, Wouldnt think he is bitter, although he likes to ""slag"" clubs.
Slagged Collingwood big time last year

Moi

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2009, 10:18:46 PM »

You're unbelievable  :nope

Jackstar is back

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2009, 10:24:46 PM »
 :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2009, 10:34:35 PM »

Your Right about one thing WP, it doesn't count for nothing.

How the fu.. could it? The hawks ended up winning the flag. It was all strategy, a word we wouldn't even know how to spell.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2009, 07:24:00 AM »

Actually in hindsight Jack this reponse says a lot about you and your "bias" ;) ;) but let's move on shall we

Your Right about one thing WP, it doesn't count for nothing.

How the fu.. could it? The hawks ended up winning the flag. It was all strategy, a word we wouldn't even know how to spell.

:-\ ::) :-\ ::) :help :help

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2009, 09:31:56 AM »

Are you saying that Clarkson deliberately coached the Dawks to lose that game so they could be fired up for the finals.

Well I have heard it all now.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2009, 10:45:34 AM »

Are you saying that Clarkson deliberately coached the Dawks to lose that game so they could be fired up for the finals.

Well I have heard it all now.

no i never said that but i dont think they cared 2 much about beating us.

if we had beaten them when both our sides season was on the line then it would be a good win but we NEVER win games we NEED to
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.