Author Topic: We have the next core to build around  (Read 3019 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: We have the next core to build around
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2009, 04:15:15 PM »
A few weeks ago we had an "Untouchable" list on this forum of which Thursfield was a very common choice.Now after one bad game where he was hardly Robin Caruso he is now on the outer.
:lol

It's tough talk on tiger forums, and lucky the club doesn't have to walk it.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2009, 05:21:30 PM »
Would you be prepared to put Will Thursfield for trade at years end? And if so what could we get for him?

everyone is tradeable

Deledio & Cotchin are not tradeable

for the right price they are
If Lids and Cotch are traded then we might as well board up and shut down Punt Rd for good  :help.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2009, 06:05:45 PM »
so if carlton say said we will give you gibbs and kruezer for deledio , i say no problem at all

i know it will never ever happen, but for a price everyone is tradeable, as long as we win in the outcome

no one player should be made feel untouchable, thats when they get lazy and complacent

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2009, 07:51:57 PM »

A few weeks ago we had an "Untouchable" list on this forum of which Thursfield was a very common choice.

Not from me Mat.  I don't have enough confidence that he has sufficient skills and talent for AFL - I hope I'm wrong but my opinion is well documented.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2009, 08:20:53 PM »

A few weeks ago we had an "Untouchable" list on this forum of which Thursfield was a very common choice.

Not from me Mat.  I don't have enough confidence that he has sufficient skills and talent for AFL - I hope I'm wrong but my opinion is well documented.

that says a lot.

Will will be a good player dont worry about that just needs muscle.

streets ahead of that Mcguane
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ramps

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2009, 08:24:06 PM »
So if the club "HYPOTHETICALLY" put up Willy T. at years end, what do you guys reckon we could get for him in terms of draft pick or player swap. Just interested to see all your views on this, coz Ive thought that Thursty was pretty safe list wise.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2009, 08:41:06 PM »
So if the club "HYPOTHETICALLY" put up Willy T. at years end, what do you guys reckon we could get for him in terms of draft pick or player swap. Just interested to see all your views on this, coz Ive thought that Thursty was pretty safe list wise.

In your wildest dreams you 'might' get a 3rd round for him - more likely 4-5th.

Ramps

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2009, 08:44:01 PM »

Hes not that bad surely!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2009, 08:53:17 PM »

Hes not that bad surely!

It's what the draft picks will be worth over the next couple of years.  Anyone taking Thursfield is still taking 'potential' - his record so far is only average at best but he does present with possible upside and given the higher premium of draft picks in 09/10/11 it will be really stretching the bounds to think he will command anything like a 2-3rd round pick.  And I believe that many others see Thursfield as I do - a player in need of serious development if he is to take the next step to good AFL player.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2009, 09:22:53 PM »

that says a lot.

Not that I normally waste my time replying to your tripe, for the sake of other interested posters here are some career high stats as a comparison between your "streets ahead" man and McGuane:

Thursfield         McGuane
Age                     22                   21
Games                 41                   34

Disposals              18                   22
Kicks                   10                   13
Marks                   7                     9
Handballs              13                  11
Tackles                 5                    8
Cont Marks            2                    3
1st Poss                2                    2
Clearances            1                    2
Cont Poss             4                    3
Unc Poss              19                  24
Long Kicks            6                    7
1%ers                  11                  14
Bounces               4                     8
Errors                   8                   12

I used career high stats instead of totals or averages to demonstrate potential because of the small number of games each has played.

McGuane leads Thursfield in all but 3 areas - handballs (-2), contested possessions (-1) and errors (-4).  Seems to me the stats say that McGuane - at a year younger and less games - is already better performed (and thus has more upside) than Thursfield.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2009, 12:44:16 AM »
GAME SET MATCH to Smokey....atleast there is competition for spots in that backline.Now if we can only find someone who can keep a dominant small forward quiet.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2009, 08:46:15 AM »
Who played on Chapman last week, from what I seen he had been carving it up until our game.

I hardly noticed him during the game and was just curious if anyone noticed who was playing on him for the main part of the game.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2009, 08:51:44 AM »

that says a lot.

Not that I normally waste my time replying to your tripe, for the sake of other interested posters here are some career high stats as a comparison between your "streets ahead" man and McGuane:

Thursfield         McGuane
Age                     22                   21
Games                 41                   34

Disposals              18                   22
Kicks                   10                   13
Marks                   7                     9
Handballs              13                  11
Tackles                 5                    8
Cont Marks            2                    3
1st Poss                2                    2
Clearances            1                    2
Cont Poss             4                    3
Unc Poss              19                  24
Long Kicks            6                    7
1%ers                  11                  14
Bounces               4                     8
Errors                   8                   12

I used career high stats instead of totals or averages to demonstrate potential because of the small number of games each has played.

McGuane leads Thursfield in all but 3 areas - handballs (-2), contested possessions (-1) and errors (-4).  Seems to me the stats say that McGuane - at a year younger and less games - is already better performed (and thus has more upside) than Thursfield.

thanks you just provided me with the information that proves i am right.

More errors probably is the most important stat especially in defence.

Anyone see mcguane against the blues. Anyone see mcguane last week. Rubbish.

All you lot were singing a different tune about Will last year, now all of a sudden he is a dud.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2009, 01:58:25 PM »

All you lot were singing a different tune about Will last year, now all of a sudden he is a dud.

One stat taken in isolation is meaningless, thats why I included them all.  Only a fool or someone with no point would isolate or take notice of one stat.  If you want to look at their respective averages for the above then Thursfield is in front in handballs (5.7 to 5.1) and errors (2.2 to 3.9).  In every other facet of the game McGuane shows a better return than Thursfield - especially the critical ones like tackles, contested possessions, contested marks and 1%ers).  Only choosing one stat to try and prove your point would be like you telling your mates "I had sex" in an effort to prove to them your point that you are a great lover.  Not incorrect and can't be refuted using that one stat.  If you added the other items of interest though - "it was with another man" and "I paid for it" and "he was related to me", then the whole picture changes and the stat becomes misleading and incorrect to the main point.  So it is with your point about Thursfield.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2009, 02:22:17 PM »

One stat taken in isolation is meaningless, thats why I included them all.  Only a fool or someone with no point would isolate or take notice of one stat.  If you want to look at their respective averages for the above then Thursfield is in front in handballs (5.7 to 5.1) and errors (2.2 to 3.9).  In every other facet of the game McGuane shows a better return than Thursfield - especially the critical ones like tackles, contested possessions, contested marks and 1%ers).  Only choosing one stat to try and prove your point would be like you telling your mates "I had sex" in an effort to prove to them your point that you are a great lover.  Not incorrect and can't be refuted using that one stat.  If you added the other items of interest though - "it was with another man" and "I paid for it" and "he was related to me", then the whole picture changes and the stat becomes misleading and incorrect to the main point.  So it is with your point about Thursfield.

im happy to let Will do the talking.

he will better than Luke but i cant expect someone of your intelligence to understand that