Author Topic: IT'S TIME TO GO THE TANK- IT'S OUR ONLY HOPE! [merged]  (Read 45449 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: IT'S TIME TO GO THE TANK- IT'S OUR ONLY HOPE! [merged]
« Reply #360 on: July 12, 2009, 09:57:21 PM »
We're about enter the 7 week tank-athon now. I think now only 3 teams can now end up with a PP with the Dees winning today. Survival of the tank-iest  :yep 

West Coast    4 wins
North            4
Richmond      3
Melbourne     3
Fremantle     3

So looking forward to it.. NOT  :'(
It's only 7 more weeks WP. Chin up ... we'll survive through it if it benefits the list in the long term. Just go to the footy and cheer each and every good and exciting thing each of the cubs do such as we saw from Post and Vickery yesterday  :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #361 on: July 12, 2009, 10:13:22 PM »
It's only 7 more weeks WP. Chin up ... we'll survive through it if it benefits the list in the long term. Just go to the footy and cheer each and every good and exciting thing each of the cubs do such as we saw from Post and Vickery yesterday  :thumbsup.

Sorry MT - for me now I am just so sick of losing. I want to see the kids play but I also want to win because winnig is actually a good thing.

While some people don't care what the results are, I still care and I am still "ticked" off after yesterday - we could have won it was Carlton for crying out loud

I am seriously starting to think why do I bother forking out the $$$ I do to watch loss after loss- they aren't little $$$.

just so sick of losing  :help
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #362 on: July 12, 2009, 11:00:36 PM »

Sorry MT - for me now I am just so sick of losing. I want to see the kids play but I also want to win because winnig is actually a good thing.

While some people don't care what the results are, I still care and I am still "ticked" off after yesterday - we could have won it was Carlton for crying out loud

I am seriously starting to think why do I bother forking out the $$$ I do to watch loss after loss- they aren't little $$$.

I can understand that WP. I guess I'm so sick of losing that it's ironically a significant part of my support to tank if that makes sense. I'm sick of us being crap and having a glass ceiling at 9th spot on the ladder. I'm sick of us having too many ordinary footballers on our list and keeping them for far too long because we never have enough decent picks to delist and replace them with better players. We are finally going to invest properly in the draft. That means finally putting significant $$$ and resources where it counts into recruiting and facilities for development. Part of this investment comes out of our pocket as members. A record number of members. The club will make a million dollar porfit because of all our collective hip pocket support - big and small.

Let's give the Club as many top 20 picks as we can to give them the best chance to clear the decks and bring in much better talent with these greater recruiting resources and with which these players will use these new elite facilities to develop faster and to a higher standard that will turn us into a top 4 side. The cost of this is short-term pain (losing this year) but after 27 years of waiting and quick fixes I'm willing to wait a little longer if that means we finally do things right. I'm comfortably numb about results at the moment to be honest. Even if we had won I wouldn't be as excited as I was last year because the season is shot. A win here and there won't for satisfy me and compensate for a shocking year. We must finally use this stupid draft system which rewards absolute failure to our advantage. I want to look back on 2009 and say yeah we were hopeless and finished down the bottom of the ladder but out of that we fast tracked a number of our kids plus in the draft we grabbed another gun mid, key forward, etc who are part of a strong list in 5 years time and are leading us into another finals campaign.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #363 on: July 13, 2009, 12:20:15 AM »
Given its our last season to take advantage of the draft concessions, we really do need to take advantage of them while we can.
It will make up for what we'll miss out on in the next 3 years.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #364 on: July 13, 2009, 05:30:33 AM »
12 West Coast 16 15 4 11 0 88.14
13 North Melbourne 16 15 4 11 0 77.72
14 Richmond 12 15 3 12 0 77.80
15 Melbourne 12 15 3 12 0 73.85
16 Fremantle 12 15 3 12 0 71.67

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #365 on: July 13, 2009, 08:36:54 PM »
Well Walls would play the kids and rest Cox, Kerr and the their older players if he was Eagles coach because they've won a flag recently. However he  would try to win every game if he was coach of Melbourne because they need the lift wins give the Club. Go Figure!  ???

Jackstar is back

« Reply #366 on: July 13, 2009, 08:54:40 PM »

Totally agree!
Sick to death of losing
It seems as losing is acceptable at punt road :banghead

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #367 on: July 13, 2009, 10:17:38 PM »

BOO HOO!
You want your cake and eat it too. Its time for the RFC to be SMART and look to the future and if that makes a few on here a little sick of loosing, so what!!! Suck it up!!!!   :banghead

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #368 on: July 14, 2009, 12:09:40 AM »
so are we hoping Melbourne, West Coast, Fremantle and North Melbourne win more then five matches?

just hard going to matches and watching teams like Essendon win against us.

would love to just win that match to eff them p***ks up!

our draw for the remaining seven matches are all winnable matches, which would come in handy if we were fighting for a top eight spot.

makes the last seven weeks harder to 'tank'. i think i am leaning towards 'tanking'. i think we can lose all seven matches and i think Fremantle might win

one or two matches.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 05:02:28 AM by one-eyed »

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #369 on: July 14, 2009, 05:13:27 AM »
Now we've got the Herald-Sun pushing for Melbourne to tank  :P

Time for Melbourne Demons to gain from the pain
Mark Stevens | July 14, 2009

MELBOURNE has gone through too much pain to let it slip now.

Deep down, the hierarchy knows it.

The supporters know it too.

Winning more than four games this year would be irresponsible.

As tantalising as the final seven weeks look on paper, Melbourne must ensure it wins only once more.

Don't call it tanking. Just call it smart list management.

The players will be trying, but that doesn't mean the coaching staff won't be shuffling names on the magnetic board with an eye to the future.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25778488-19742,00.html

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #370 on: July 14, 2009, 07:23:09 AM »
BOO HOO!
You want your cake and eat it too.
Its time for the RFC to be SMART and look to the future and if that makes a few on here a little sick of loosing, so what!!! Suck it up!!!!   :banghead

Seeing I have been very clear in the fact that I am ANTI-TANKING I don't think I want my cake and to eat it too ...

Whatever
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #371 on: July 14, 2009, 04:37:31 PM »
Now we've got the Herald-Sun pushing for Melbourne to tank  :P

Time for Melbourne Demons to gain from the pain
Mark Stevens | July 14, 2009

MELBOURNE has gone through too much pain to let it slip now.

Deep down, the hierarchy knows it.

The supporters know it too.

Winning more than four games this year would be irresponsible.

As tantalising as the final seven weeks look on paper, Melbourne must ensure it wins only once more.

Don't call it tanking. Just call it smart list management.

The players will be trying, but that doesn't mean the coaching staff won't be shuffling names on the magnetic board with an eye to the future.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25778488-19742,00.html

lol

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #372 on: July 14, 2009, 05:13:33 PM »
I'm usually about winning no matter where we are on the ladder but I have to admit the "T" word is starting to creep into my thought processes for the first time ever and for one very good reason. Ninth place finishes! I'm sorry, but they suck dogs balls, especially when we don't carry on the momentum of a very good second half season. If winning was all important to our players psyche, why didn't the winning feeling continue on into this year?? Why did it stop in the early 80's?? It wasn't because we lost that loving feeling, it was because we lost or didn't have the cattle to carry on sustained success! I now feel that the only way we are going to get that winning feeling back is to build the club with more quality youngsters and a decent coach to shape them into future stars. We have no key forwards or backmen of star quality. We have serviceable ones and serviceable is not going to win us premierships. I can see we have a really good core of young players and we need to keep that flow going by introducing more quality youngsters with early draft pics.

I will still hate seeing us lose especially to the scum and the wobbles and I will no doubt still cheer if we win, but if we don't, I won't feel too upset knowing that a team stuck in reverse gear with the current draft system, does deliver many advantages.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #373 on: July 14, 2009, 05:31:06 PM »

BOO HOO!
You want your cake and eat it too. Its time for the RFC to be SMART and look to the future and if that makes a few on here a little sick of loosing, so what!!! Suck it up!!!!   :banghead
You have admitted in another thread that you decided not to go to watch Richmond because "Going to the footy and hoping your team loses is just not enjoyable".
Is that how you suck it up?

I imagine it wouldn't be enjoyable to hope they lose but I wouldn't know because I'd never do it.

So, it's ok for you to stay away and hope they lose but not ok for people who do bother to go and support to want to win.  ???
No cake for you.

Last time I checked the future was any time beyond now and includes the coming weekend's game.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Jackstar is back

« Reply #374 on: July 14, 2009, 05:41:42 PM »
BOO HOO!
You want your cake and eat it too.
Its time for the RFC to be SMART and look to the future and if that makes a few on here a little sick of loosing, so what!!! Suck it up!!!!   :banghead

Seeing I have been very clear in the fact that I am ANTI-TANKING I don't think I want my cake and to eat it too ...

Whatever

I am anti tanking as well, and I actually beleive that the players who play each week play as if its it last game.They play to WIN
If some of you think that players go out to lose , you are totally wrong.