Author Topic: IT'S TIME TO GO THE TANK- IT'S OUR ONLY HOPE! [merged]  (Read 45612 times)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: IT'S TIME TO GO THE TANK- IT'S OUR ONLY HOPE! [merged]
« Reply #180 on: June 05, 2009, 02:56:22 PM »
The fact of the matter is we have 10 players on our list that would get a game at any other club. The rest are over 30,  not good enough or unproven.

The other fact is that our best 2 players lids and cotch were both priority picks.

Look at what west coast are doing,

they won a flag in 2006 and are lining up for their second priority pick this year, they are the most professional club in Australia. We have made finals twice in the last 30 years and are debating the merits of tanking.

Its a joke, we need to win less than 5 games, its critical

I dont believe what Im reading, I could swear that you didnt believe in the Tank and that weve debated this issue before and we were on opposite sides. Well its good to see you join the realists amongst us. And yes I even agree with you on WCE. Last year I think I did a summary of were all club lists were at and from memory I was extremely bullish on the Eagles going forward. Theyre tanking beautifully and in 3 years they will be a powerhouse again.

unfortuntaly ramps, I can tell you that the tigers have no interest in managing losses, the board isnt strong enough to take its medicine, it should of interevened in 2008 and managed a bottom 4 finish, and it should interevene now and ensure that youth get games and retire the old farts.

Big test for march in the coming weeks, and I believe he will fail the test.

We need to understand the reality of where  and realistically we have 10 players that are of the right age and sound body that would get a game anywhere else, the rest are injury prone, too old, or just have not got enough exposed form to show with any confidence that they will be good enough. If you accept the former as a reality then how nice would it be to get 3 players in this year like Cotch Rance and Adam Selwood.

Then we will have 3 young superstars ( Scully Cotch Lids ) and 10 genuine AFL footballers on the list. If we are fair dinkum it has to be done, West Coast are not stupid

Ramps

« Reply #181 on: June 05, 2009, 03:54:51 PM »
The fact of the matter is we have 10 players on our list that would get a game at any other club. The rest are over 30,  not good enough or unproven.

The other fact is that our best 2 players lids and cotch were both priority picks.

they won a flag in 2006 and are lining up for their second priority pick this year, they are the most professional club in Australia. We have made finals twice in the last 30 years and are debating the merits of tanking.

I dont believe what Im reading, I could swear that you didnt believe in the Tank and that weve debated this issue before and we were on opposite sides. Well its good to see you join the realists amongst us. And yes I even agree with you on WCE. Last year I think I did a summary of were all club lists were at and from memory I was extremely bullish on the Eagles going forward. Theyre tanking beautifully and in 3 years they will be a powerhouse again.

unfortuntaly ramps, I can tell you that the tigers have no interest in managing losses, the board isnt strong enough to take its medicine, it should of interevened in 2008 and managed a bottom 4 finish, and it should interevene now and ensure that youth get games and retire the old farts.

We need to understand the reality of where  and realistically we have 10 players that are of the right age and sound body that would get a game anywhere else, the rest are injury prone, too old, or just have not got enough exposed form to show with any confidence that they will be good enough. If you accept the former as a reality then how nice would it be to get 3 players in this year like Cotch Rance and Adam Selwood.

Then we will have 3 young superstars ( Scully Cotch Lids ) and 10 genuine AFL footballers on the list. If we are fair dinkum it has to be done, West Coast are not stupid

Absolutely spot on. But theres a group of people in the club and around the club that want to continue to talk rubbish and talk about winning cultures - its all crap. We dont enough talent. Never have had. Now those people are going around saying that the draft is no good- which is also bulldust- people who follow the juniors and games- would have there lists of potential talent, and whilst Im no expert there is atleast 35 players including the players from TAC Cup who have exposed form and from the WAFL and interstate (who I havent seen yet) that I reckon can easily be drafted to AFL clubs. We in effect could manage to get 4 of these if we are smart and thats not a bad influx of young talent- although this year in reality id like to see us take atleast 6 maybe 7 picks in the draft not including recycleds.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #182 on: June 06, 2009, 03:14:12 AM »
17 goals conceded from direct turnovers suggests its time to get more quality.
Unleash the tornado

FooffooValve

« Reply #183 on: June 06, 2009, 10:42:06 AM »

Being in winning positions 4 or 5 times this season and then not getting the job done suggests we lack a winning culture.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #184 on: June 06, 2009, 10:45:25 AM »

Being in winning positions 4 or 5 times this season and then not getting the job done suggests we lack a winning culture.

id ont thuink I can bare to watch the next three months, we are going to blow any chance we have of being succesful by winning irrelevant games

FooffooValve

« Reply #185 on: June 06, 2009, 11:01:31 AM »

id ont thuink I can bare to watch the next three months, we are going to blow any chance we have of being succesful by winning irrelevant games

Mate, just off the top of my head I can think of about 12 players on our list who were picks inside the top 20. There are probably more (that doesn't include Cousins Brown Johnson or Richo.)

If you truly believe that losing games to make sure we get pick 3 instead of pick 8 is the answer to all our problems, then you need to wake up. It is a total delusion.

We need to bring in as many youngsters as we can, and teach, develop, and imbue them with a winning attitude. If we lose games and get pick 1,2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 whilst doing that to the best of our ability, so be it.

Ramps

« Reply #186 on: June 06, 2009, 11:05:56 AM »
Its not a debate about pick 3 or pick 8 although that in itself is a good enough reason. The priority pick is why we want to tank. To get 3 picks inside 20 and 4 picks before 35.

FooffooValve

« Reply #187 on: June 06, 2009, 11:17:59 AM »
Its not a debate about pick 3 or pick 8 although that in itself is a good enough reason. The priority pick is why we want to tank. To get 3 picks inside 20 and 4 picks before 35.

Ramps, don't get me wrong I wouldn't be knocking it back if it came our way, but I don't agree with tanking to get it. Probably our biggest problem is lack of belief and self-respect (has been a problem for 20 years) and you don't rebuild and earn that by tanking.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #188 on: June 06, 2009, 11:21:31 AM »
the club wont be tanking.
whats the point, have had quality draft picks in the past, and guess what, we are no better off.
We need to change the culture imediately.
You might find an extremely different style of play next week ;)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #189 on: June 06, 2009, 11:22:49 AM »
the club wont be tanking.
whats the point, have had quality draft picks in the past, and guess what, we are no better off.
We need to change the culture imediately.
You might find an extremely different style of play next week ;)

jack, guess what?

it looks like you're mate campbo has been overlooked for the caretakers role and it is going to be rawlings

Tigermonk

« Reply #190 on: June 06, 2009, 11:32:36 AM »
Tanking is for weak minded people. you cannot build a champion if his only running at half pace. its like a racehorse & greyhound.
They must be pushed to thier limits to see thier ability or shoot them. Players who dont perform shoot themselves & thier value & never recover cause the other teams will always be ahead of them in skills, fitness & onfield ability to read the game properly & they will never win anything in life.
If the AFL suspects clubs of tanking a full inquiry would be launched & the club licence would be terminated.

Ramps

« Reply #191 on: June 06, 2009, 11:34:02 AM »
Tanking is for weak minded people. you cannot build a champion if his only running at half pace. its like a racehorse & greyhound.
They must be pushed to thier limits to see thier ability or shoot them. Players who dont perform shoot themselves & thier value & never recover cause the other teams will always be ahead of them in skills, fitness & onfield ability to read the game properly & they will never win anything in life.
If the AFL suspects clubs of tanking a full inquiry would be launched & the club licence would be terminated.

Could never be proved and to suggest a clubs licence would get terminated is bull and you know it.

Tigermonk

« Reply #192 on: June 06, 2009, 11:59:59 AM »
what world are you living in ramps, no club is ever fully secured from anything, note Fitzroy
if any club was proven cheating l can gaurentee the licence of that club would be terminated
Goverment Betting law would put them out of action alone

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #193 on: June 06, 2009, 12:03:33 PM »

100% spot on

the problem with the RFC is we have never gone down this path.

Look what state our club is in now after finishing 9th. can it be any worse finishing last and collecting a Scully or a Butcher. Come on...

what a stuffin disgrace if we beat the Eagles. BIG stuffin DEAL. Our problems arent going to be solved in 1 week we need to look beyond for once.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #194 on: June 06, 2009, 12:58:45 PM »

Quote from: Ramps on Yesterday at 02:21:22 pm
Quote from: blaisee on Yesterday at 01:44:43 pm

100% spot on

the problem with the RFC is we have never gone down this path.

Look what state our club is in now after finishing 9th. can it be any worse finishing last and collecting a Scully or a Butcher. Come on...

what a effin disgrace if we beat the Eagles. BIG effIN DEAL. Our problems arent going to be solved in 1 week we need to look beyond for once.

I believe in Santa and The Easter Bunny plus Fairies at the bottom of the garden. I also believe that all people are kind and nice plus I believe that we have a full list of players that could win us a grand final. I also believe that we just need a nice coach and all we have to do is change our culture. If you believe this as well please contact me as I some land I would like to sell you that was great sea view half the time.

March want to play our side on form so I guess he believes in Fairies. I hope and pray that he is really just playing lip service to all the Richmond supporters that want a magic pudding and the non Richmond and media that want us to make another knee jerk, feel good, short term decision that will ensure that we don't make the effing finals for the 25 years well - I despair and even more after last night.