Author Topic: IT'S TIME TO GO THE TANK- IT'S OUR ONLY HOPE! [merged]  (Read 45454 times)

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: IT'S TIME TO GO THE TANK- IT'S OUR ONLY HOPE! [merged]
« Reply #525 on: July 26, 2009, 08:01:26 PM »
Well done tigers. 

A winning culture reaps more rewards than a losing one.  Number one rule in life. 

And I love sticking it up the Bombers. 

:clapping

Jackstar is back

« Reply #526 on: July 26, 2009, 08:16:32 PM »
Well done tigers. 

A winning culture reaps more rewards than a losing one.  Number one rule in life. 

Correct, its good to be winners :gotigers

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #527 on: July 26, 2009, 08:33:04 PM »
I'm not pro-tank, but we were never tanking once we gave the job to Jade and accepted his application for next year.

No way you could expect him to coach to lose. Totally different situation to Ratten.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #528 on: July 26, 2009, 08:44:52 PM »
Lets hope WC, Freo, Melb win some games ...

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #529 on: July 26, 2009, 09:53:39 PM »
I don't think beating a team in the top 8 is a meaningless win. The bombers hold in the 8 is shaky

And in rounds 20 & 21 if we do the same - well that wont be meaningless either

Those kids today deserved to win, it will teach them alot

Exactly
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #530 on: July 26, 2009, 10:04:17 PM »
It doesnt matter now, its history and so is Richmonds 2009 season - promised heaps, pre season but only delivered in junk time  ;D

We still need to play the list to see whos can stand up and I hope they start next week with Hughes.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #531 on: July 26, 2009, 10:08:14 PM »
It doesnt matter now, its history and so is Richmonds 2009 season - promised heaps, pre season but only delivered in junk time  ;D

We still need to play the list to see whos can stand up and I hope they start next week with Hughes.

Hughes :chuck :banghead
Do you actually go to the games
You leave Reiwoldt,Post and Morton up forward.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #532 on: July 26, 2009, 10:28:17 PM »

Agreed Jack. We should only promote players if they are worthy of selection. When we have first year players showing more promise than Hughes, I the feeling the writing may be on the wall for him.
On another note, how good was it to see Cousins and Cotch double teaming today. They were like the Umbilical Brothers with some of the great plays they pulled off today.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #533 on: July 26, 2009, 10:35:16 PM »

Sits right next to me Jack! I agree the forward structure is looking stronger now but I would like to see Hughes get another chance once he gets his head together. Next year maybe more appropriate once he has earnt a recall.

I loved every minute of the win and sharing it with my son and family today but I still can't halp but feel that these last few weeks are meaningless in the big scheme of it all. The priority picks are gone for us now but should we hand WC and Melbourne there's to give us pick 7 or 8?

Stripes

Jackstar is back

« Reply #534 on: July 26, 2009, 10:40:16 PM »
Sorry , players such as Schulz and Hughes arent our future,  :banghead :banghead

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #535 on: July 26, 2009, 11:11:19 PM »
This thread has been giving me the @#$% for weeks and weeks and weeks.

Thank god we dont have to discuss Tanking anymore. :thumbsup
Unleash the tornado

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #536 on: July 26, 2009, 11:59:58 PM »
Now what would make the whole season worthwhile would be to beat Hawthorn and end their season
I hate the Hawks!

Ramps

« Reply #537 on: July 27, 2009, 12:10:03 AM »
This thread has been giving me the @#$% for weeks and weeks and weeks.

Thank god we dont have to discuss Tanking anymore. :thumbsup

Why so? Tanking would have given us an extra pick and 3 picks in the top 20. Now we will only have 1 pick in the top 20 and our first pick will be around 6 or 7. Maybe the thread was giving you the poos, for me itll be watching Scully and co. running amok at other clubs.

We can all look forward to a very average next 10 years. We havent got a hope. And last, yeh winning is good ... but what good was it today. With McMahon, Hislop, King, Pattison et al in the side.

We are screwed because our club never takes its medicine.

And one last thing. And this aint bulldust. But the club must make the 8 next year. If they fail to make the 8 then the board will be forced to an election. And they will lose.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #538 on: July 27, 2009, 12:25:06 AM »
MT we will have to trade a Foley or a Newman to attract something of value now. Whereas before all we had to do was win less than 4 and ensure we did not trade away any of our picks. Stupid Stupid Stupid RFC.

All that is left for us to do is to ensure that Melbourne and West Coast beat us to ensure that they do not get a priority pick and a jump on us in years to come. Surely we can do this right. 6.5 wins and 12th spot for us means squat in the scheme of the bigger picture. Ie 2011 onwards.

Sometimes when you are in 14th spot it is not about winning and losing it is about the future. This game today was one of those games..............
We need to find another top 20 pick if we are going to make the most of this draft. Sure the 'simplest' way was not to win another game (I was pro-tanking). However now the priority pick is gone, the reality is we need to be pragmatic and trade someone with value away. Tucky would be another who may have some value. The fact is we didn't miss him or Foley today.

The way things stand we have picks 7, 24, 40, 56, ..... Equivalent to finishing 10th on the ladder if there weren't any PPs yet we've won just 4 games  :scream. So we have just one pick in the top 20. Most likely that will be a midfielder as the only top 10 tall is Butcher who will be gone before pick 7. We need to trade for another early-ish pick.

I can't see us losing to Melbourne next week based on the way both sides are playing at the moment and the personnel of each side. We may knock over the Swans too after seeing them the last few weeks although it will be O'Loughlin's 300th so the Swans may be up for it. They have also owned us in recent years.

We can't go any higher than 12th but it looks like we won't fall back lower either on current form. The worst thing we can do is win in round 22 and allow the Eagles to get a PP. I would rest Cuz, Cotch, Richo, :Lids, Tambo, Riewoldt - all our most talented players. Play Putt if need be. Whatever it takes to tank it. If we go without a PP then make sure our opponents don't end up with one either so we can push up higher in the draft order. Especially screw a club like the Eagles who are deliberately tanking to use and abuse the system while Demetriou keeps his head in the sand ::).

1. Melb
2. WC
3. Melb
4. Freo
5. WC
6. North
7. Rich
18. St Kilda
19. Freo
20. Melb
21. Freo
22. WC
23. North
24. Rich
40. Rich
56. Rich
72. Rich
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #539 on: July 27, 2009, 12:27:35 AM »
We need to try and get a big forward and we need to find a couple of gun midfielders. The forward I would try and trade for from another AFL club, the mids we can find in the draft even though now, the cream midfielders will go to other clubs.