Author Topic: IT'S TIME TO GO THE TANK- IT'S OUR ONLY HOPE! [merged]  (Read 45339 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: IT'S TIME TO GO THE TANK- IT'S OUR ONLY HOPE! [merged]
« Reply #615 on: August 03, 2009, 04:49:30 AM »
Some very estactic Demon supporters on their forum overjoyed they lost but Demetriou says it's not an issue  ::)

Title: Did you want McMahon to kick the goal?

Absolutely.
McMahon...ha! One of the worst players in the comp. Lucky to kick it, lucky to get the mark. About time things go our way, what a horrible thing to say.
I and about 10 others in the Bullring (I couldn't watch it from my seat) all cheered.
Horrible situation.

I danced around like we'd won the premiership... I love McMuffin.

Love it! The worst player in the AFL kicks a goal that delivers Scully to us - fantastic!

You should have heard the Tiges' supporters on the radio - they are soooo filthy that their team doesn't play for the future.

What a great day!!

YES YES GOD YES!

Mere seconds earlier I was fuming, filthy, devastated that I've sat through 3 years of utter garbage and it's all going to mean nothing when we beat the worst team going around, in a meaningless game.

I had to look away when McMahon was kicking it. Figures that the biggest dud in their side, who couldn't hit a target all day, was going to line up for the victory. I was ecstatic when he won it.

Some people around me must have thought I was crazy, but they will all be very happy when Tom Scully is dominating the competition for the next 10 years.

I felt like an absolute prick today. I wanted Mcmahon to kick that goal. I saw Melbourne fans walk out in dusgust when Ricky nailed that goal with less than 2 minutes to go and fans celebrating like we had won a flag after Mcmahon kicked the goal. Then I saw the players looking totally gutted laying on the ground and I thought to myself how can I possibly want my team to lose.

The priority pick has got to go! Clearly on todays performance, the players do not tank, but Bailey tanked like his llife depended on it today. At one stage we had Spencer, Miller , Jetta and Bate in the middle (look out fab four). Then Grimes n Cheney had a crack! I particularly liked Dunn(tagger) on Jackson(tagger) early in the 1st quarter. Warnock in the forwardline was a masterstroke as was Juice Newton in defence.

However, all I can say is, well done Bails. We didnt make the stupid rule, but we would be jeopardising our tilt at the flag in 3 years time if we didnt milk it for all it is worth today.

Something posters gloss over. Winning culture comes from having enough talented players to win constantly against ALL TEAMS.

Let's face it. The three wins we have had, we've still played like rubbish. It's not like we've played brilliant football and blown teams out of the water with great skills and class. The fact is that the three wins, opposition played even more poohouse then us.

Our only chance to win at the moment is hoping the opposition team plays like poo. How the hell do we win a premiership when our best chance is hoping the opposition doesn't turn up.

I want to beat Geelong and StKilda at their best and we need more talent on our list to ensure that.

Mcmahon is GOD and from this day I'll fight for his honour whenever Richmond fans bag him. I've got your back Jordan.

First thing I did after the game was buy a McMahon badge, 100% not joking

http://forums.demonland.com/index.php?showtopic=16138

Tigermonk

« Reply #616 on: August 03, 2009, 06:01:32 AM »
GOLD

Jackstar is back

« Reply #617 on: August 03, 2009, 07:48:39 AM »
can somebody actually answer these questions ...

the past three weeks. are we tanking? or are our players not good enough to win by more then one goal?

please, i have been on the 'tanking @ Richmond' and our wins are ugly!

why is this?
We've actually tried to lose every game in the last 3 weeks but we can't even do that properly

Wouldnt think so

FooffooValve

« Reply #618 on: August 03, 2009, 10:03:05 AM »
Now where is all this talk from the tankers about West Coast being such a professionally run club that they won't let this priority pick go?

Where is it?

Are they suddenly now unprofessional, or is it that their professional opinion is that building a winning team is more important than losing for a priority pick?

Which is it?

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #619 on: August 03, 2009, 10:07:24 AM »
What about the third option - Stupid

FooffooValve

« Reply #620 on: August 03, 2009, 10:54:58 AM »

I assume you mean the tankers.  :rollin

Ramps

« Reply #621 on: August 03, 2009, 11:18:56 AM »
Now where is all this talk from the tankers about West Coast being such a professionally run club that they won't let this priority pick go?

Where is it?

Are they suddenly now unprofessional, or is it that their professional opinion is that building a winning team is more important than losing for a priority pick?

Which is it?

West Coast are one of the most professional clubs in Australian Sport and massively more professional than us. In the end, when you send players out onto a field of play the players will play to win. Thats why McMahon kicked his goal yesterday, thats why West Coasts youngsters won, players play to win, clubs on the other hand - if you asked someone to tell you the truth at a club, theyd all say that these wins are meaningless- ours certainly was as for West Coast, theyll live to fight another day,and as I said, they are still one of the most professional outfits in Australian sport.

FooffooValve

« Reply #622 on: August 03, 2009, 12:06:01 PM »

Where is it?

Which is it?

West Coast are one of the most professional clubs in Australian Sport and massively more professional than us. In the end, when you send players out onto a field of play the players will play to win. Thats why McMahon kicked his goal yesterday, thats why West Coasts youngsters won, players play to win, clubs on the other hand - if you asked someone to tell you the truth at a club, theyd all say that these wins are meaningless- ours certainly was as for West Coast, theyll live to fight another day,and as I said, they are still one of the most professional outfits in Australian sport.

Translation = Ramps doesn't have a clue why West Coast won yesterday.  :shh

Ramps

« Reply #623 on: August 03, 2009, 12:16:38 PM »

Where is it?

Which is it?

Translation = Ramps doesn't have a clue why West Coast won yesterday.  :shh

translation - i gave you a fair and legitimate answer but you didnt like it. players play to win and they do so because if you were a player who is on the edge of keeping your position on a list and not being on list, your not gonna tank so the club you play for gets an early pick which may result in you losing your place of the list and ending up getting poo money at a lower level. Thats the reality of it.

Also Essendon is a rabble. There season is falling apart. And there are rumblings that Knights position as coach is in question. I suggest hed be thinking he needs to make the 8 in 2010 or that may be the end of his coaching career.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #624 on: August 03, 2009, 12:18:28 PM »
I have got to say this....West Coast winning yesterday is messing with my whole belief system.

Until yesterday there were 3 certainties in life- Death,Taxes and WCE not winning another game in 2009.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #625 on: August 03, 2009, 12:41:21 PM »
I have got to say this....West Coast winning yesterday is messing with my whole belief system.

Until yesterday there were 3 certainties in life- Death,Taxes and WCE not winning another game in 2009.

I was actually so confident they haven't been tanking that I took them in my tipping!   :thumbsup

Essendon's year is shot and so is Carlton's - even if either/both make the finals, they are only making up numbers and will be out in week 1.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #626 on: August 03, 2009, 12:52:18 PM »

fourth option......players bet on football...WCE just paid for their end of season trip. :lol
Unleash the tornado

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Eagles bury tanking debate: KB
« Reply #627 on: August 03, 2009, 02:05:53 PM »
Eagles bury tanking debate: KB
August 03, 2009 9:56AM

KEVIN Bartlett has responded to a Mike Sheahan column, saying he won't allow other people to put "tanking" in his mouth.

Sheahan today wrote that Bartlett might leave AFL CEO Andrew Demetiou alone at the front of the anti-tanking movement.

Bartlett appeared to be worried about some strange moves by Demons coach Dean Bailey during Melbourne’s loss to Richmond yesterday.

Speaking on radio station SEN this morning, Bartlett acknowledged that the Demons-Tigers match had shaken him, but West Coast’s unexpected win reaffirmed his belief that tanking does not happen in the AFL.

“Mike Sheahan in the Herald Sun today is correct in saying certain events did alarm me," Bartlett said.

“But I’m not going allow Sheahan and (co-commentators Andy) Maher and (Daniel) Harford and (Shane) Wakelin to put the tanking word in my mouth.

“Dean Bailey must have known what he was doing, for it took a kick after the siren by (Tiger Jordan) McMahon to bury the Demons.

“Maybe us critics and commentators aren’t as smart as we think we are. It gave me great satisfaction and relief to go home and watch the might West Coast bury the tanking issue when they buried the Bombers at Subiaco, losing a priority pick.”

Bartlett took a swipe at Maher's decision to leave the SEN commentary box before the end of the match.

“When Melbourne moved their best defenders – (Matthew) Warnock and (James) Frawley forward- Brad Miller into the ruck, sending the 200cm ruckman Paul Johnson down back to look after Nathan Brown, raised eyebrows were sending me a message from the (commentary) box.

“After a comical passage of play, Andy Maher left the box in the last quarter citing a family function had cut his day short.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/eagles-bury-tanking-debate-kb/story-e6frey00-1225757338081

FooffooValve

« Reply #628 on: August 03, 2009, 02:21:56 PM »

translation - i gave you a fair and legitimate answer but you didnt like it. players play to win and they do so because if you were a player who is on the edge of keeping your position on a list and not being on list, your not gonna tank so the club you play for gets an early pick which may result in you losing your place of the list and ending up getting poo money at a lower level. Thats the reality of it.

Also Essendon is a rabble. There season is falling apart. And there are rumblings that Knights position as coach is in question. I suggest hed be thinking he needs to make the 8 in 2010 or that may be the end of his coaching career.

No, I didn't like it because it is a blathering excuse. Either West Coast are professional or they aren't. Either they are tanking and have control of their players or they don't. No excuses.

You should be man enough to admit that a professionally run outfit has eschewed tanking as the short term solution/mirage that it is. And let's not forget that they had much more to lose by winning than we did. Yet they  put victory first.

You probably wouldn't understand why.

Ramps

« Reply #629 on: August 03, 2009, 03:25:07 PM »

No, I didn't like it because it is a blathering excuse. Either West Coast are professional or they aren't. Either they are tanking and have control of their players or they don't. No excuses.

You should be man enough to admit that a professionally run outfit has eschewed tanking as the short term solution/mirage that it is. And let's not forget that they had much more to lose by winning than we did. Yet they  put victory first.

You probably wouldn't understand why.

The players whose careers are on the line put victory first and if you dont understand that then theres not much else I can do.