Author Topic: IT'S TIME TO GO THE TANK- IT'S OUR ONLY HOPE! [merged]  (Read 45432 times)

Tigermonk

Re: IT'S TIME TO GO THE TANK- IT'S OUR ONLY HOPE! [merged]
« Reply #675 on: August 10, 2009, 07:57:41 AM »
it proves that Kingy has what it takes to be a good AFL player if given the chance.
He is what we been looking for a Baker (Saints) type player who niggles the stuff out of players & always biffs them & takes their mind off the job.
if he continues to do that then he will come out a winner most days
His got mongrel in him which alot of our players need to take note of & try

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Priority pick to be revamped from next year (Age)
« Reply #676 on: August 11, 2009, 02:27:31 AM »
Priority pick to be revamped from next year
Caroline Wilson | August 11, 2009

THE priority pick will disappear in its current form from the 2010 national draft. The AFL-appointed committee formulating new rules for the 17th and 18th teams has specified that for at least the next two years the No. 1 pick will go to Gold Coast and western Sydney respectively.

The group, chaired by AFL executive Andrew Dillon and including football operations boss Adrian Anderson, is also strongly considering toughening the club eligibility of the priority pick by extending the two-year qualifying period to three years or leaving priority pick approval to the discretion of the AFL.

Although AFL boss Andrew Demetriou was at pains to point out last night that the priority pick would survive in some form, he agreed that next year the first three draft picks would go to the Gold Coast before that club made its debut in 2011.

Demetriou confirmed that the highest possible pick for a club that qualified under current rules for a special pick would be No. 4 in the national draft. However, the strong push from the AFL List Development Group was that no priority pick would be taken next year without special dispensation from the commission.

Full story at:
http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnews/priority-pick-to-be-revamped/2009/08/10/1249756255918.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #677 on: August 16, 2009, 02:49:30 PM »
What a surprise ..... the Dees are 5 goals up on the Dockers in their last winnable game  ::).

Looks like we'll end up with pick 4 now unless the Dockers can beat the Bombers at Subi next week.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #678 on: August 16, 2009, 02:57:25 PM »
What a surprise ..... the Dees are 5 goals up on the Dockers in their last winnable game  ::).

Looks like we'll end up with pick 4 now unless the Dockers can beat the Bombers at Subi next week.

The Melbourne fans who have turned up in their tens are obviously lifting the guys.  :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #679 on: August 16, 2009, 04:44:38 PM »
The Melbourne fans who have turned up in their tens are obviously lifting the guys.  :lol
:lol

Just think if Jordie had kicked for goal after the siren like he's set shot yesterday the Dees would have lost their PP and we'd be last on the ladder.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #680 on: August 16, 2009, 06:11:13 PM »

Just think if Jordie had kicked for goal after the siren like he's set shot yesterday the Dees would have lost their PP and we'd be last on the ladder.

Yeah, but Melbourne would have lost today though... :whistle
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #681 on: August 16, 2009, 06:46:27 PM »

Maybe but nothing is guaranteed when Freo is playing. Just when you convince yourself no one is worse than the Tiges they prove there's always someone worse off than you lol.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #682 on: August 16, 2009, 08:37:38 PM »

Maybe but nothing is guaranteed when Freo is playing. Just when you convince yourself no one is worse than the Tiges they prove there's always someone worse off than you lol.
We are worse than Freeo....

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #683 on: August 16, 2009, 09:24:23 PM »

Well the good news big tone is the way we are going we are still a chance for the spoon and 1st pick in the draft not that i can think of one reason why any kid would want to come Richmond  :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar is back

« Reply #684 on: August 16, 2009, 09:33:36 PM »

Well the good news big tone is the way we are going we are still a chance for the spoon and 1st pick in the draft not that i can think of one reason why any kid would want to come Richmond  :banghead

Or Coach

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #685 on: August 16, 2009, 09:34:34 PM »

Or Coach

Agreed

Ramps

« Reply #686 on: August 16, 2009, 10:03:14 PM »
Richmond is the club that will make 1 young coach a legend at some point in time. I dont know who or when, but someone will lead us to our 11th Premiership and that coach will be a legend of our club and that in itself is enough to have lots of people wanting our job.

Remember 15 blokes put themselves forward this time.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #687 on: August 16, 2009, 10:07:06 PM »
Richmond is the club that will make 1 young coach a legend at some point in time. I dont know who or when, but someone will lead us to our 11th Premiership and that coach will be a legend of our club and that in itself is enough to have lots of people wanting our job.

Yeah whatever  ;D

I just hope this point in time happens sometime before my say 60th birthday.... that's giving the club another 20 years  :banghead

Jackstar is back

« Reply #688 on: August 16, 2009, 10:09:36 PM »

IN the year 2069 ::)

Ramps

« Reply #689 on: August 16, 2009, 10:13:12 PM »
A nice big cleanout this year, a new coach, new training facilities for our players and some decent recruiting, and we can be on the verge of the 8 in 2010.