Author Topic: IT'S TIME TO GO THE TANK- IT'S OUR ONLY HOPE! [merged]  (Read 45336 times)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: IT'S TIME TO GO THE TANK- IT'S OUR ONLY HOPE! [merged]
« Reply #720 on: August 24, 2009, 12:21:48 PM »
Any chance of a pick 3 + player to Melbourne for pick 1???

It would have to be a player like Lids or Cotchin which would mean we lose out on the deal in terms of experience and player development. Melbourne would not give up their pick 1 or 2 this year regardless and I believe they will take Scully & Butcher.

Stripes

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #721 on: August 24, 2009, 12:32:18 PM »
Hopefully the RFC are exploring all options to better increase our draft propsects.  I dont think they would take an older player, eg Simmo, Bowden or Brown but I would jump at that if it was a goer.  It would probably be more a younger player Schulz?, dont think I would do it for a young mid such as White or Jacko.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #722 on: August 24, 2009, 12:40:29 PM »
We give Melbourne our pick 3 plus Raines and Melbourne give us pick one.

That way we get Scully, and Melbourne still get Trengove and Butcher plus Raines.

That's only if Scully is THAT much better than pick 2 and 3.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #723 on: August 24, 2009, 12:50:21 PM »
We give Melbourne our pick 3, plus, for example, Moore and Melbourne give us pick one.

That way we get Scully, and Melbourne still get Trengove and Butcher plus Moore.

That's only if Scully is THAT much better than pick 2 and 3.

Apparently Trengrove has rapidly caught up to Scully in recent months in recruiters eyes. While Scully is still clearly No 1 the difference between the two is less so than before.

Also the problem with giving up a player and a pick for just another pick is that it means we will have to look even further into the draft to replace them on the list. Considering we are more than likely going to be delisting up to 10 players already, with another absence we would be unliklely to be able to replace them with a quality player.

Stripes

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #724 on: August 24, 2009, 01:08:47 PM »
Apparently Trengrove has rapidly caught up to Scully in recent months in recruiters eyes. While Scully is still clearly No 1 the difference between the two is less so than before.

Also the problem with giving up a player and a pick for just another pick is that it means we will have to look even further into the draft to replace them on the list. Considering we are more than likely going to be delisting up to 10 players already, with another absence we would be unliklely to be able to replace them with a quality player.

Stripes

Depends what way Richmond want to go with the draft, if we get pick 1 we're assured of Trengove or Scully. At pick 3 we're not. We may even want Butcher and he might not be there at 3.

Basically, if we have 1, we get what we want.

Even a pick 2 for pick 3 swap i'd be happy with.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #725 on: August 24, 2009, 04:23:48 PM »
Richmonds Picks:

Round 1:
Trengrove (Sturt),
Round 2:
Cunnington (Geelong Falcons),
Round 3:
Harms (Sturt)
Round 4:
Free
Father Son

fill in the rest.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 07:08:02 PM by Popelord »
Go Tigers!

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #726 on: August 24, 2009, 04:49:01 PM »
No way Cunnington will go 2nd round. Will go top 8 I reckon. Need Sydneys 1st pick. Trade Tuck & Jackson to Sydney for pick 8 or thereabouts.
Would they be that stupid.
Cunnington will be a star and a bolter I'd suggest.  Bit like Cameron Ling in that at junior level has played a lot forward but will be a midfielder.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #727 on: August 24, 2009, 05:18:23 PM »
No way Cunnington will go 2nd round. Will go top 8 I reckon. Need Sydneys 1st pick. Trade Tuck & Jackson to Sydney for pick 8 or thereabouts.
Cunnington will be a star and a bolter I'd suggest.  Bit like Cameron Ling in that at junior level has played a lot forward but will be a midfielder.

Depends if they think their recent good form equates to their young players being good.

If they do, they may top up again. 

Online cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #728 on: August 24, 2009, 06:29:11 PM »
Think I may just enjoy summer and leave all the hypothetical schit to you guys
May be best we lose to wce friday! But it just aint in my makeup .....

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #729 on: August 24, 2009, 07:07:41 PM »

Your right as its impossible to tell what will happen its more of a best case scenario for us, hypothetical.

Cunnington will be a great player. They said the same about Rance and he slipped to 18.
Go Tigers!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #730 on: August 24, 2009, 09:39:50 PM »
If we score another early pick Tony Shaw might even rate us in 2010 as he prefers Melbourne's list ahead of Richmond and North's given the Dees have the first two picks of the draft. Very deep analysis of each club's list there Shawry  :wallywink.

Ramps

« Reply #731 on: August 25, 2009, 12:14:20 AM »

Your right as its impossible to tell what will happen its more of a best case scenario for us, hypothetical.

Cunnington will be a great player. They said the same about Rance and he slipped to 18.

From the little I saw of Cunnington need to make sure that Kicking skills are Ok. Prefer others in the top 10 myself.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #732 on: August 29, 2009, 01:20:23 AM »
Well at least we've secured pick 3  :-\.

Who says we didn't need a priority pick  :whistle. We need all the new talented blood we can get  :-\. An extra 1.5 wins for nothing.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #733 on: August 29, 2009, 01:22:32 AM »
Well at least we've secured pick 3  :-\.

Who says we didn't need a priority pick  :whistle. We need all the new talented blood we can get  :-\. An extra 1.5 wins for nothing.

the extra pick would be good but we need about 10 priorities to right the ship. we are so bad, the extra pick wouldnt have made much difference.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #734 on: August 29, 2009, 01:32:29 AM »
Rawlings needed to win to have a chance for the job. :banghead

Late season wins. If it takes us to 9th or leaves us 15th they cripple us further.
They're like breaking every bone in your body leaving you with the embarassment of having someone else to feed you clothe you change you wipe your sorry ass and baically take your last ounce of dignity. Everything this club has done from 1982 to today has been token and futile.