Author Topic: Wallace safe at Tigers - for now  (Read 2102 times)

Jackstar is back

Re: Wallace safe at Tigers - for now
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 07:33:00 PM »

Does this mean that Jackstar will "disappear" (again) for a while?

:thumbsup

;) :birthday

Jackstar is back

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 07:55:25 PM »
I would like to say this.
Last nights decision was the worst result.
Whats the point in keeping him for another 6 -8 weeks ? Why ?  $$$$$$$

We will be lucky to win one game in the next 6 weeks the way HE HAS the team playing.
Dont blame the players for not putting in, they only do what they are told.
A few of you experts on here should try watching a game for once. :banghead
Is it the players fault they the majority of our possessions are in the back half? , is it the players fault that they kick sideways. Is it the players fault that they all push behind the ball carrier and dont push forward?

problem about last nights decision is this, the boards decision  was SPLIT,
As for the so-called review, its bascially been completed, dont beleive the CRAP they put in front of the media.
Terrys papers are STAMPED.   
Whats even more amazing how people think last night was great news ?? why ? Terry wont change his game plan, he will keep playing his ""favorites"",  etc etc.
remember this before any of you bag me, we have been hopeless in most games this year. Last Saturday was an ABSOLUTE DISGRACE. we got beaten by the bottom team with several of there key players out, Roberston(215 games), McDonald(219 games) , Wheatley (132 games), Whelan( 140 games ) and Green lasted one quarter.

As for there young players, they were extremely good, Liked Frawley( 23 games) Warnock (24 games ) Dunn ( 40 games) Petterd (15 games) Newton (16 games) Johnson (46 games) Sylvia and McLean was good too.
We talk about our young players, you might want to have a look at the demons young brigade. There younger players are far more advanced than ours. WHY?????
Would think that Melbournes list IS BETTER than ours

Lets hope the next 6 weeks go very quick.
I will be there as usual on Saturday night barracking for a tiger victory, but reality says, its aint going to happen.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 08:18:50 PM by Jackstar is back »

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 08:00:29 PM »
talking about player development, with all respect to higgins , we all know he can play , but in all honesty, its a joke that higgins, with less experience than deledio and many injury issues early on, has developed into a much better player than lids. lids should be embarrassed

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2009, 08:33:42 PM »
If we were trying to win footy games for the remainder of the season then I would think that we would be better off without Plough. Its pretty clear to me that he's lost the players, they aren't implementing his game plan or he hasn't communicated it effectively. New coach, fresh start, wind in the sails and a bit of optimism about the place.

I really do think that the board don't mind where we finish. The season is a write-off and they would rather stick it out with Wallace, get the coach situation sorted out post-season and maybe pick up the best kid in the land.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2009, 10:02:11 PM »

As for the so-called review, its bascially been completed, dont beleive the CRAP they put in front of the media.

Let me guess you've been told something from you insider right.....the mail man ::)

Was it in confidence?

Or are you actually encouraged to blurt this sort of tripe out to the world

Seriously I am curious .... no scrub that I am staggered bordering on disgusted  :banghead

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2009, 10:24:40 PM »

I too was dissapointed with the decision, it wasn't simply sundays result, the signs have been crook since we limped over the line v a half strength freo in NAB R1...and there's been zip upside since...I then point to TW and ask how is it we've slipped from a competitive unit and Top 8 fancy to a bottom 3 contender...He must be accountable form preparing this team in last 6 mths to this point. I am aghast that we could waste 6 more weeks. Heck there is 18 rounds to go, much could be gained/salvaged with a new direction :banghead
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Jackstar is back

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2009, 08:42:04 PM »

I too was dissapointed with the decision, it wasn't simply sundays result, the signs have been crook since we limped over the line v a half strength freo in NAB R1...and there's been zip upside since...I then point to TW and ask how is it we've slipped from a competitive unit and Top 8 fancy to a bottom 3 contender...He must be accountable form preparing this team in last 6 mths to this point. I am aghast that we could waste 6 more weeks. Heck there is 18 rounds to go, much could be gained/salvaged with a new direction :banghead

Correct there is alot to do gained with a change of direction

Jackstar is back

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2009, 08:43:09 PM »

Let me guess you've been told something from you insider right.....the mail man ::)

Was it in confidence?

Or are you actually encouraged to blurt this sort of tripe out to the world

Seriously I am curious .... no scrub that I am staggered bordering on disgusted  :banghead

Your a Terry lover no doubt. :lol

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2009, 09:33:38 PM »

The signs were middle of last year when we couldn't beat Top 8 sides. Thats a measure of a good team not teams that finish 9th and gloat about beating one top 8 side who ended up winning the flag.

In saying that i expect a Tiger win this weekend by about 40 points.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2009, 10:18:10 PM »

Your a Terry lover no doubt. :lol

What's TW got to do with what I posted... ::)

I asked a question that as per normal your didn't answer by diverting to something different

You really don't get it do you?

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2009, 12:01:54 AM »
i read some interesting info on another website
things arent as black and white as the papers are pushing.
things arent set in stone as to who might be still there next year. :lol