Author Topic: CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME......  (Read 6329 times)

Con65

Re: CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME......
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 01:36:27 PM »
Stripes ...I agree with you entirely.  Very well thought out and reasoned post.

A few years ago, I spoke with Steve Alessio when he was an assistant at Tigerland in 05.  He said the biggest thing he saw was that the Tigers lacked leadership.  Leadership in the way he knew it at Essendon...Daniher hands it down to Watson who hands it down to Hird who hands it down to Lloyd etc...

We have been bereft of true on field quality leadership.  I have no issue with Knights Campbell Johnson...all great guys but non in the Buckley Hird Voss league as far as on field leadership...

Another thing about our list Alessio noted back then, is that we are too quiet as a group...and to a large extent we still are..

Our team fears losing/failure instead of embracing success.  It is like standing on a golf course about to tee off and your mate says...watch out there is a lake on the left...dont hit it there...You think..i cant hit it left..i cant hit it left...What do you do...you hit it left and into the lake.  It is negativity of thought.

The Hawks' Kennett said : "We will have 50000 members and win a flag by 2009".  When he said that - i, like most people, thought he was looney.  But he was right...Positivity of thought can carry you a long way.

Leadership and culture need to change...and you are right so too does the game plan...but does he have the cattle to implent a different game plan or is he stuck with the cattle the recruiters have delivered to him.

The recruiters need to stand up and take some of the blame...They do a great job...tireless hours..scouring the countryside...but sometimes their calls on players are wrong...and we seem to have made less progress than other teams that were down the bottom of the ladder in 04 (ex hawks and bulldogs and blues).

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 02:39:08 PM »
Tigermonk-The time for Richo to be named captain has passed.There is no reason why he has to be captain for the players to emulate his work rate.The players all know who he is-an icon of the club.The right time for Richo to be captain was in 2005 but the club rightly or wrongly went with Kane Johnson.
If Matthew had such great leadership qualities dont you think it would be evident by now. I can see is that the other forwards have copied his lack of defensive pressure(no tackles)
The club did the right thing picking a captain in his mid 20s and looking towards the future.Newman was the "safe" choice.I personally would of liked to of seen Deledio named captain.Judd was captain in his fifth year....John Worsfold was named captain at 23.
Unleash the tornado

Tigermonk

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 02:59:45 PM »
Newman dont even talk to the players, his been taking lessons off Johnson. Richo jaws off all day & more between breaks & even after the game walking in disgracewhile Chris has his mouth closed looking at the ground, Leaders dont do that.

Watching the replay Rewoldt pfft send him to Queensland Floggers

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2009, 03:36:47 PM »
WHAT HAS TERRY REALLY ACHIEVED IN 5 PRESEASONS AND 4 YEARS AND 4 ROUNDS OF HIS COACHING STINT.

his win loss record is worse than spuds or equal to it, we know he cleamed possum poo and painten a room or 2, but what has he really achieved

his 5 year plan has proved only one thing , that he is a great salesman and has bluffed us all.

if i have missed something positive that he has done to make us a better team and play damn good consistant football, please enlighten me?

cos i have been reflecting over the past 4 years , not 4 weeks, and we have achieved squat

Caro's article is a good assessment.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2009, 04:42:10 PM »
im just looking for hope, and be honest , if those answers are good enough for you after 4 plus years , thats fine. But it does not wash me me, those answers dont really give terry a pass mark, nor the players.
i just find it really frustrating that we have to start rebuilding all over again, and it pains me to say that the last 5 years have been a waste , i was so optimistic and ecstatic when terry came on board, but now i feel the same way i did when danny was in his last year .

is it wrong to search for anything that has been positive and a winner that terry has done, cos right now i cant think of many

So you want hope TigerTime. Here is some - stop believing in all the media and (so-called) experts opinions and hype stating how bad we are as a club and playing list. This is rubbish aimed at dragging the club into making a reactionary decision on the club to either sell more papers and flood talk-back radio or destable the club once again.

Four weeks (hard to believe it was only a month now) a go all the media and experts had all fighting for the 2009 flag and painting us in a positive light now the same people have done a backflip and are stating we are a basket case. Come on! ::) Clubs, teams and coaches don't change like that overnight. The reality is is that we are somewhere in the middle, not a top 4 side but not a wooden spoon team also.

We have begun the season poorly. The media hype effected our young team adversely and we did not turn up to play. After all the hype it was a huge let down for everyone in the AFL world especially for us as supporters. This disappointment was then backed up by games against two very strong teams where we preformed poorly and all of a sudden the media backup story of TW demise kicked in. The Melbourne loss came directly on the back of our players believing all the hype and negative publicity and losing faith in the game plan, each other and themselves. This is when strong leadership was required.

The media set this up beautifuly building the club up over the preseason so we had such a long way to fall when we lost a few games.

The positives remains is that we have a very talented list to build a great team from. They need confidence, leadership and further development but they are still a good young list. Players such as Bling, Polo, Lids and most young players need encouragement and confidence to perform at their best and they need leaders around them on the field and off to boost them up. The talent and potential is there, they just need to regain their sense of invincibility and purpose.

Don't lose hope, success still remain just around the corner..... :pray

Stripes

of course i want hope, if i was in control of the universe right now, i would want us to win the next 15 games straight, make finals and be a contender and have wallace sign a new contract
but you can understand why my faith in us is dying, we just have to win this week and start the season again

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2009, 07:05:28 PM »
I always find it interesting that people focus on suuposedly poor player chocies we have made

But what about the players that have improved under TW's tenure?

I'll give you one player Kel Moore... I think the improvement in Kel over the last 3 years has been amazing. I for one thought he should have been delisted but his career has turned around

If we are going to blame the coach(es) for the players that have supposedly not improved but what about those that have?

Are we going to be so narrow minded to say that's is due to the individual player and not give credit to the coaching dept
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2009, 07:41:17 PM »
I always find it interesting that people focus on suuposedly poor player chocies we have made

I'll give you one player Kel Moore... I think the improvement in Kel over the last 3 years has been amazing. I for one thought he should have been delisted but his career has turned around

If we are going to blame the coach(es) for the players that have supposedly not improved but what about those that have?

Are we going to be so narrow minded to say that's is due to the individual player and not give credit to the coaching dept

granted and imo moore should be captain
moore and mguane are two players that have developed nicely under wallace, but we are still rock bottom, where we were when terry started
i just want us to kiick arse this week and start the season again, but im living in hope cos my confidence in wallace is at an all time low

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2009, 08:02:43 PM »

I never thought Luke McGuane would make it either!

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2009, 08:04:31 PM »

I never thought Luke McGuane would make it either!

still not enough to say wallace has been a success

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2009, 08:25:45 PM »

The funniest thing about that comment WP is that you only mention ONE PLAYER KEL MOORE!!

who else has improved under Wallace?? Let me see no one. THE REST HAVE GONE BACKWARDS!!

SO BEFORE YOU START CALLING PEOPLE NARROW MINDED ID SAY YOU LOOK IN THE MIRROR PAL AND GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2009, 08:41:18 PM »

You must be joking ::)
Its a disgrace that you can only find one player that has actually improved.
What about the dozens that have gone backwards and the ones that havent made any improvement. :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Jackstar is back

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2009, 08:44:23 PM »
Oh I forgot, Thursfield , tambling , Lids, JON. Riewoldt, Schulz, Jackson, Pettifer, they have improved leaps and bounds. GIVE ME A BREAK WP :banghead

Jackstar is back

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2009, 08:45:25 PM »
we are on the bottom for a reason

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2009, 09:05:59 PM »
we are on the bottom for a reason

Yes you are right, it is because as supporters we have sinned and now must suffer eternal torment by listening to your hate filled rants of the evils of the demon god Wallet

Moi

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2009, 09:12:47 PM »

The funniest thing about that comment WP is that you only mention ONE PLAYER KEL MOORE!!
Willie was giving an example  ::)