Author Topic: Angus Graham [merged]  (Read 41534 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Angus Graham [merged]
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2009, 05:03:57 AM »
Gus showing there's life in our ruck stocks after Simmo  :clapping

Graham: the Tigers' silver lining
BY Alex Fair
12/05/2009

ONE of the few positives that can be found from the disaster that is Richmond's season has been the development of King Island ruckman Angus Graham, and this was evident at the MCG on Saturday as the Tigers lost to Brisbane.

Taking advantage of the Lions' limited ruck options, 22-year-old Graham was the dominant big-man on the ground, finishing with 21 hit- outs, six tackles, 19 disposals and eight marks.

He was also able to push forward and kick a goal following a contested mark in the second quarter, indicating he may be able to help the Tigers' forward structure in the absence of Matthew Richardson.

http://www.examiner.com.au/news/local/sport/general/graham-the-tigers39-silver-lining/1510247.aspx

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2009, 07:22:14 AM »
big angus has been a big plus of the year.

He is tall strong and aggressive. He is a great runner and picks the right options.

Tremendous for the tigers hopefully he keeps improving as structurally it will allow Tyrone Vickery to develop as a key forward.

Great example of the reason why a rookie pick every year should be invested in an 18 yr old ruckman

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2009, 08:50:11 AM »
This is another player that everyone..... well some of the usuall suspects were calling for to be de-listed. I for one have always backed him in and he is doing great, keep it up big fella.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2009, 10:40:28 AM »
How is the big fellow on the lead? We need a forward desperately and if Simmo and Pattison/Browne(elevated for Richo) can hold down the ruck for the rest of the year we could at least have a tall target....Do like his run around the ground though.  :-\

Stripes

Offline tigers1974

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2009, 12:18:44 PM »
i seen a pic of him in the hands of the trainers can someone elborate on this  :pray

richmondrules

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2009, 12:21:46 PM »
He got cramp. Looked worse than it was.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2009, 12:54:03 PM »
i seen a pic of him in the hands of the trainers can someone elborate on this  :pray

Was pretty funny actually, at the game I didn't know what was going on so was a bit worried.
Later on found out they explained it as full body cramp, 'I think that means cramped in both hammies' at the same time.
On the replay it shows him by himself in the middle he does a 360 and goes down, just collapsed.
Came back on later so would say just getting used to the workrate at the top level and no lasting effects.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2009, 12:56:10 PM »
He got cramp. Looked worse than it was.

I am not surprised he is obviously playing at levels he hasnt played at before.

I was stunned by his performance on the weekend, he actually looked like a quality ruckman and has got better every week for the last few.

In what I thought was our biggest deficiency there is now a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel, but for  the rest...hmmmm

richmondrules

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2009, 01:35:38 PM »

Was pretty funny actually, at the game I didn't know what was going on so was a bit worried.
Later on found out they explained it as full body cramp, 'I think that means cramped in both hammies' at the same time.
On the replay it shows him by himself in the middle he does a 360 and goes down, just collapsed.
Came back on later so would say just getting used to the workrate at the top level and no lasting effects.

There's something really unco looking about a 200cm+ person floundering around on the ground. Wasn't funny at the time since it looked like he did a knee but thinking back on it knowing it was only cramp makes it effing hilarious. lol. Not for Gus of course. OUCH!

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2009, 01:43:47 PM »
Angus is now making a mockery of the pre sreason statment that Simmo was the most important player to our structure.He is kicking goals while resting forward like all good ruckmen do....Well done Angus.

Can anyone can think of a bigger positive to come out of this 2009 nightmare than this bloke ?
Unleash the tornado

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2009, 01:47:18 PM »
always had faith in gus , his foot injury really set him back but he will make it and its good timing 4 us

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2009, 01:49:27 PM »
Angus is now making a mockery of the pre sreason statment that Simmo was the most important player to our structure.He is kicking goals while resting forward like all good ruckmen do....Well done Angus.

Can anyone can think of a bigger positive to come out of this 2009 nightmare than this bloke ?

Agree Mat.  I saw him in the Brisbane practice match and he was terrible - BrownE beat him hands down - and I wouldn't have given you 2 bob for his worth.  To his great credit he has improved greatly in every game and with the possibility that BrownE will also prove to be good and Pattison still improving then we aren't as destitute for ruck options as we once thought.  Plus we have another kid in Putt who may still come on.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2009, 04:24:01 PM »

Bigger?, I think more like only positive.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2009, 04:36:34 PM »

Bigger?, I think more like only positive.
I was trying not to sound too negative Chuck....Sad that we could write the whole list of positives on the back of a stamp at the moment :help
Unleash the tornado

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2009, 07:17:53 PM »
has been fantastic and continuing to build on the conmfidence he must have extracted from the swans game...has much too offer BIG GUS :thumbsup
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled