Author Topic: Wallace was sacked then un-sacked  (Read 8845 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Wallace sacked!!
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009, 10:57:55 AM »
Latest update from the HUN

Now saying Choco not sacked  ;D

===================
Richmond sacks Terry Wallace
Mark Robinson, Tony Sheahan | May 19, 2009 09:37am

UPDATE 10:49am: RICHMOND has sacked coach Terry Wallace after a series of emergency meetings yesterday and last night.

Wallace's long-time assistant Brian Royal was also believed to be close to getting sacked, but walked on to the training track at 10.45am.

It is believed the players were upset about Wallace's post-match critique of the team after Sunday's loss to Port Adelaide.

Wallace did not return calls from the Herald Sun last night.

Players yesterday, led by captain Chris Newman, spoke to Wallace about the closed-doors post-match address and it's understood Wallace has walked from the job, believing the players had lost faith in him.

The veteran coach was not immediately available for comment, failing even to return calls from close friends last night and this morning.
Wallace has been under enormous pressure since an embarrassing loss to Carlton in Rd 1 and his team is languishing in 15th position with just one win.

Wallace did not arrive at the club's Punt Rd headquarters today by his usual time of 8.30am.

Richmond assistant coaches David King, Craig McRae, Wayne Campbell and Jade Rawlings arrived at Punt Rd this morning unaware any decision on the head coach had been made.

Players spoken to by the Herald Sun were also not aware of any developments.

President Gary March also did not return calls this morning.

Wallace is in the fifth your of a five-year contract and was no chance to coach the team in 2010.

It is known that Wallace met with Richmond chief executive Steven Wright late last night.

Wallace only last week went on radio and declared he wanted to coach out the year.

In the same interview he said he would not put up a fight if the club decided to end his tenure early.
Richmond president Gary March, Wallace and Wallace's closet football friend, Brian Royal, were not answering their phones this morning.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25505197-19742,00.html
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009, 10:59:42 AM »
Herald Sun, The Age & Hutchy (on SEN) saying Ralwings likley to be caretaker

HUN also saying Royal's been terminated too

If Jade Rawlings coaches the club as caretaker over Cambo or David King I'll sit at home this weekend. What a mess.
Go Tigers!

Ramps

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2009, 11:01:44 AM »
What did Wallace tell the players to make them so upset lol ...Does anyone know?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2009, 11:02:39 AM »

If Jade Rawlings coaches the club as caretaker over Cambo or David King I'll sit at home this weekend. What a mess.

Word I hear is he is well respected by the players and considering it appears that the players are heavily involved with what's happening at the minute; dont we need someone they respect in charge down there

and BTW he's done a very good job at Coburg

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2009, 11:14:04 AM »
Discusting from the club if this is true, they have proved themselves yet again to be liars and non-supportive of their coaches no matter who is in charge at board level. Shame on you Richmond you have further proved to to wider football community that the eat your own mentality still lives and breaths at this club, probably more so than ever!!

For those of you on this forum that condone this sacking (if it is true) then you are a discrace. For those of you that are clapping and saying great get lost and take your mates with you well I can only hope karma plays a big part in your life in the future.

The real Richmond supportes stick by the whole club through thick and thin, the rest of you are nothing but passengers and that is why this club has failed for so long.

Discracefull!!!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Ramps

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2009, 11:15:35 AM »
Discusting from the club if this is true, they have proved themselves yet again to be liars and non-supportive of their coaches no matter who is in charge at board level. Shame on you Richmond you have further proved to to wider football community that the eat your own mentality still lives and breaths at this club, probably more so than ever!!

For those of you on this forum that condone this sacking (if it is true) then you are a discrace. For those of you that are clapping and saying great get lost and take your mates with you well I can only hope karma plays a big part in your life in the future.

The real Richmond supportes stick by the whole club through thick and thin, the rest of you are nothing but passengers and that is why this club has failed for so long.

Discracefull!!!!!!

You shouldnt take these things so seriously, also there is no "c" in the word disgrace. Ok!

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2009, 11:17:44 AM »
Somewhat uneasy with a man named Jade taking over as coach of the mighty tigers but if they reckon he is the best for the job...  ;)

In all seriousness its the right decision to sack Wallace about three or four weeks late. Hindsight is wonderful but I was adamant it was time to go after the Melbourne loss. The new coach has a tough enough job without Cousins and Richo but the hope of finals footy is now so faint that he is going to have to be masterful in the way he motivates them to see us rise (if indeed that is what the board want).

Oh and I don't think it is tenable for long-time assistant and Wallace lieutenant Royal to stay in a assistant coach capacity. If they are prepared to leapfrog Choco with Rawlings or King or Campbell that really says a lot about how they value him and he should be shown the door.

Ramps

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2009, 11:18:50 AM »
Greg Denham just said that Wallace may NOT have been sacked lol. Its full comedy capers again  :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2009, 11:18:59 AM »
Greg Denham on SEN saying that TW will continue to the end of the season :o

12.00pm press conference at the Jack Dyer statue with Craig Cameron and Chris Newman  :gobdrop

Where's the President, CEO

Oh dear it just looks like amatuer hour again  :banghead

Ramps

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2009, 11:22:48 AM »
look at the funny side WP... its less stress  :gotigers

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2009, 11:24:11 AM »

Discracefull!!!!!!

You shouldnt take these things so seriously, also there is no "c" in the word disgrace. Ok!

Maybe you should and it was a typo, don't get smart about spelling mistakes focus on the real issue for a change. It is a disgrace, there is no other word for it!!

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2009, 11:25:10 AM »
look at the funny side WP... its less stress  :gotigers

Yep can hardly wait for 12.00pm  :rollin

Maybe Jack's statue will come to life and whack a few people down there in the hope that some common sense and professionalism will final reach the RFC  :rollin

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2009, 11:26:46 AM »

Where's the President, CEO

Oh dear it just looks like amatuer hour again  :banghead

SAY NO MORE!! Typical of this club and to be expected.

"Rucks:

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2009, 11:27:38 AM »
Hutchy saying TW staying

The air has been cleared

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2009, 11:31:59 AM »
Maybe Jack's statue will come to life and whack a few people down there in the hope that some common sense and professionalism will final reach the RFC  :rollin

LOL, it would probably take something like that wouldnt it.

Maybe he could go out searching for a few "supporters" as well