Author Topic: Coach or Players  (Read 2825 times)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Coach or Players
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2009, 08:42:41 PM »
The players aren't trying to lose now to get rid of the coach. That ship has already sailed, its only a matter of time. They are just not good enough and strong enough mentally. We need a coach with good motivation and psycological skills to make sure the team can play to their best regardless. Perhaps Malthouse would fit the bill.

At the moment though, the only person the players are getting rid of with their performances, is themselves. :P

Stripes

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2009, 08:56:52 PM »
what was real obvious tonight was this.
In the first half we didnt once go backswards sideways etc with short kicks.
we played quick transition in the first half and kicked fairly long.

2nd half we lost our forward structure, we started to drop players behind the ball which resulted in short kicks ,slow transition, sideways
THAT IS THE COACHES FAULT.
Anyone who actually watches the game would of seen that we didnt go one on one in the 2nd half, and the back D6 players started to zone off, which created a huge problem, game over

So the coach is to blame for the 2nd half

Who's to "blame" for the 1st half then? The players? WOuld think the coach may have had just a little input into it

I would argue the first half is the best footy we've played in probably 12 months -  it was fantastic watch.

Actually last night (bar the result) was a very good game of footy to watch, first half by us, 2nd half by them.

Fast attacking, when it comes off it really is a treat to watch especially with that atmosphere :clapping

they had Cogs at full forward for 10 minutes in the third quarter.

I reckon he was luck that he got hiddne down there  ;D If you want to point fingers at "slow transition" - I reckon sadly Cogs is a major culprit

Agree with others when the Bombers got those run on of goals in the 3rd as per normal of 2009, heads dropped and that was that....

Have to say that if Morton and Polo (and there was one other but I am not sure who it was) had kicked those set shots result could have been very different

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2009, 09:08:14 PM »
Well the players are going to find out it obvious by TW comment ' we are going to find out who's going to take Richmond forward' that they might be playing a few more of the boys from Coburg

Jackstar is back

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2009, 09:10:54 PM »
what was real obvious tonight was this.
In the first half we didnt once go backswards sideways etc with short kicks.
we played quick transition in the first half and kicked fairly long.

2nd half we lost our forward structure, we started to drop players behind the ball which resulted in short kicks ,slow transition, sideways
THAT IS THE COACHES FAULT.
Anyone who actually watches the game would of seen that we didnt go one on one in the 2nd half, and the back D6 players started to zone off, which created a huge problem, game over

So the coach is to blame for the 2nd half

Who's to "blame" for the 1st half then? The players? WOuld think the coach may have had just a little input into it

I would argue the first half is the best footy we've played in probably 12 months -  it was fantastic watch.

Actually last night (bar the result) was a very good game of footy to watch, first half by us, 2nd half by them.

Fast attacking, when it comes off it really is a treat to watch especially with that atmosphere :clapping

they had Cogs at full forward for 10 minutes in the third quarter.

I reckon he was luck that he got hiddne down there  ;D If you want to point fingers at "slow transition" - I reckon sadly Cogs is a major culprit

Agree with others when the Bombers got those run on of goals in the 3rd as per normal of 2009, heads dropped and that was that....

Have to say that if Morton and Polo (and there was one other but I am not sure who it was) had kicked those set shots result could have been very different

I do blame the coach, as he put numbers back when the bombers kicked 2 in a row

Jackstar is back

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2009, 09:11:55 PM »
Cogs, very ordinary

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2009, 09:17:13 PM »
I do blame the coach, as he put numbers back when the bombers kicked 2 in a row

But I think even you acknowledge that the 1st half was excellent footy

Surely the coaches deserve a pat on the back for that  ;D

Jackstar is back

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2009, 09:20:37 PM »
First half was fantastic. long kicking playing on etc etc. No backwards sideways rubbish. Players were pushing forward of the ball. Thus we were in front.
After half time we lost our structure as extra players went back behind the ball when they kicked 2 goals, game then was over.
Terry tries to protect leads and blow outs in games, thats his trademark.
How many times in the past he used to push Richo back to try and stop the bleeding.?
When he does that, he loses the forward structure

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2009, 09:23:53 PM »
First half was fantastic. long kicking playing on etc etc. No backwards sideways rubbish. Players were pushing forward of the ball. Thus we were in front.
After half time we lost our structure as extra players went back behind the ball when they kicked 2 goals, game then was over.
Terry tries to protect leads and blow outs in games, thats his trademark.
How many times in the past he used to push Richo back to try and stop the bleeding.?
When he does that, he loses the forward structure

Agree we lost our structure but at the same time I think the Bombers backs tightened up a fair bit as well.

But the body lanaguage of our players when the scores got tied was terrible you could just see the heads drop, the shoulders sag. That's where our lack of leadership is really highlighted IMHO - we needed someone to snap us out of it ....

Jackstar is back

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2009, 09:26:05 PM »
your right there WP, all the fist pumping from the first half soon disappeared.
Those guys show no leadership when under the pump.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2009, 09:08:10 PM »
Tonight it's the players. Kindergarten skills  :banghead.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2009, 10:42:50 PM »
Tonight it's the players. Kindergarten skills  :banghead.

Yep great to have a win but geez we worked hard for it against a poor side

Offline Siberian

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2009, 10:47:18 PM »
Still 3 quarters away from 4 quarters but so stoked, paid nearly $3 too!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2009, 02:48:13 PM »
So people who is it now, the coach OR players?? All I have read since the loss to St Kilda is; drop Deledio, drop Cotchin, trade Foley (totally bemused by this one). I must admit I am not fond of Edwards and I have not tried to conseal that fact.

But now Herd has pipe'd up so have a few others and gues what......... IT"S THE PLAYERS PEOPLE, IT'S THEIR FAULT. They are lazy and undriven, sheesh, all I heard was how much they respected Rawlings and how much better they would play for him...... please let me know when this happens. :whistle
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2009, 03:21:36 PM »
Wce was a resonable result/effort.
I bumped into a diehard Saints man at the game and he said they were doing what they did to us to most sides anyway, so probably looked worse than it was (which was pretty bad anyway).

Adelaide are in form but expect a bit more of an indicator from this match.
Will be there watching what many can not see on the box and will give a bit of a wrap when I am back Monday Night. Who's lazy who chases, does the 1%ers behind the play etc

If I'm not too pizzed that is

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2009, 05:24:47 PM »
Should I ask every drunk i see at the game" are you cub" :ROTFL