Author Topic: Losing culture must be changed  (Read 2461 times)

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Losing culture must be changed
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2009, 02:31:09 AM »
crazy john was fos

btw, dont stress , we had the bombers on toast

we r tanking

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2009, 03:02:24 AM »
crazy john was fos

btw, dont stress , we had the bombers on toast

we r tanking

TT I agree. :thumbsup

He had a chance from after Leon Daphne left to run for the presidency well after he had made his millions and he chose to make the myth of him possibly coming to RFC alot bigger than the myth of him being at RFC therefore providing himself free publicity for his company and using the RFC as a front to get that free publicity.

Was more willing to sponsor The Footy Show than the RFC.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2009, 10:32:57 AM »
CRAZY JOHN WHY DID YOU HAVE TO LEAVE US. I REALLY BELIEVE HIS LOVE AND PASSION FOR THE RFC WAS WHAT WE REALLY NEEDED..........
Now that is hilarous. Why doesn't it surprise me that you think a guy who only ever used the RFC for getting mentioned in the paper without ever actually signing up as a major sponsor would have been the one to save us. Hell he ended up sponsoring Collingwood for Geez sake.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2009, 10:42:32 AM »
CRAZY JOHN WHY DID YOU HAVE TO LEAVE US. I REALLY BELIEVE HIS LOVE AND PASSION FOR THE RFC WAS WHAT WE REALLY NEEDED..........
Now that is hilarous. Why doesn't it surprise me that you think a guy who only ever used the RFC for getting mentioned in the paper without ever actually signing up as a major sponsor would have been the one to save us. Hell he ended up sponsoring Collingwood for Geez sake.

if thats true i stand corrected.

i never knew that.

again i stand corrected my mistake
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2009, 02:09:32 PM »

if thats true i stand corrected.

i never knew that.

again i stand corrected my mistake
Thats so funny, you call me an imbecile, follow it up with negatives to prove me right and then get it totally wrong on John ( there was politic involved there, was unhappy with the Richmond management of the time) Anyway you proved my point!]

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2009, 02:26:18 PM »
Boys settle rather than individualising a problem on he said she said or Terry or the players,
I think the root of our problems run a little more deep than that.

Board and people involved in the club during the golden era. Ie Tony Jewell. What Faaaken
right did he have on Tues or Wed to slag the club the way he did, or anybody. Obviously too many cooks spoil the broth and if every player or administrator a who ever played in a flag or presided in aflag as I an Wilson a few weeks ago made some dispiaraging comments, bob up every now and then to give what? An appraisal an opinion? Geez people lose their jobs every day and these faaakers just are so trigger happy to open their gobs and say this and that. Until old fogeys like that and ex premiership players stop this and the board and coterie groups don't unite for the one cause we can recruit whoever to coach and play and you know what we will still be in this mess. Club needs to almost be cleaned out and started as a new franchise. Simple as that. The rot has set in and the dry wall has even cracked.

A perfect summary of our footy club since 1982

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2009, 02:28:59 PM »
you are so intelligent

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2009, 05:24:29 PM »
didnt like the players abusing each other either, real bad sign tonight, real bad

You couldnt wait to get on here tonight could you? No-one loves a Richmond loss more than Jack

Especially when I backed the Bombers to win by 39 points or more
paid $4.50 :thumbsup
good team Essendon. They run and carry and are real hard at it.
When the going got tough in the 3rd quarter, our players held up the white flag :help
We have a real culture problem, anyway what do you all expect being coached by Terry ::)
Worst tackling team in the comp.
.problems started tonight when the defenders started zoning off.
A true supporter dosent bid agianst his team  :thumbsup

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2009, 11:52:20 AM »
Just came across this thread. I agree completely with this assessment. Our list is much better than what the media and opposition supporters would like to believe but we lack the mental fortitude to continue to back ourselves and each other to believe we can win regardless.

I think it all comes down to the team being individualistic rather than unified. Our players are all still in survival mode. Few of them feel their place in the team is secure. Now that we are losing this problem is perpetual and magnified. Even when we begin by taking risks and backing each other we fall back into old self preservation habits when we think we could lose. It is a real issue.

The think the best solution to the culture issue is to first remove the older players from the club. They do not have a team-first mentality nor do they, when things turn ugly, look how they can help other and the team in general recover. Instead they become self focused and turn on the young players. They are not leaders.

Next I would tell the players that they have a new set of goals to be measured on each game. Possessions, marks and even goals are now meaningless. Only team focused actions will be credited. These will of course include tackles, shepherds and blocks but also actions such as dummy leads, risk taking, goal assists and onfield support and leadership. If a player can get into the ears of their down cast teammates and get them refoced and motivated that should be worth more for a team than a possession or goal.

We need to instill team orientated targets and team directed rules. Players should be held accountable for their actions not just to their coaches but to their team-mates.

TW talks about us being unskilled well I disagree. I just believe we despose of the ball under pressure (percieved or real) which hinders our skills. We fear the ramafications of a turnover rather than the rewards of the risk. We don't shepherd the ball carrier to give him space and time. We don't run do dummy leads to give other forwards room to lead into. We have no confidence in ourselves or each other and we are continuely fearful of failure.

Whatever coach we have next year needs to change the young players focus and mentality. Take the pressure off that outside forces love to instill upon us and make the players accountable to each other.

Nig job but we need to start now

Stripes

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2009, 01:15:31 PM »
Just came across this thread. I agree completely with this assessment. Our list is much better than what the media and opposition supporters would like to believe but we lack the mental fortitude to continue to back ourselves and each other to believe we can win regardless.

I think it all comes down to the team being individualistic rather than unified. Our players are all still in survival mode. Few of them feel their place in the team is secure. Now that we are losing this problem is perpetual and magnified. Even when we begin by taking risks and backing each other we fall back into old self preservation habits when we think we could lose. It is a real issue.

The think the best solution to the culture issue is to first remove the older players from the club. They do not have a team-first mentality nor do they, when things turn ugly, look how they can help other and the team in general recover. Instead they become self focused and turn on the young players. They are not leaders.

Next I would tell the players that they have a new set of goals to be measured on each game. Possessions, marks and even goals are now meaningless. Only team focused actions will be credited. These will of course include tackles, shepherds and blocks but also actions such as dummy leads, risk taking, goal assists and onfield support and leadership. If a player can get into the ears of their down cast teammates and get them refoced and motivated that should be worth more for a team than a possession or goal.

We need to instill team orientated targets and team directed rules. Players should be held accountable for their actions not just to their coaches but to their team-mates.

TW talks about us being unskilled well I disagree. I just believe we despose of the ball under pressure (percieved or real) which hinders our skills. We fear the ramafications of a turnover rather than the rewards of the risk. We don't shepherd the ball carrier to give him space and time. We don't run do dummy leads to give other forwards room to lead into. We have no confidence in ourselves or each other and we are continuely fearful of failure.

Whatever coach we have next year needs to change the young players focus and mentality. Take the pressure off that outside forces love to instill upon us and make the players accountable to each other.

Stripes

I agree 1000% Stripes.  Trouble is - you can't have this AND tanking in the same grid square - they are mutually exclusive events.  And you already know which of the two I class as much more important.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2009, 01:44:20 PM »
Maybe I should say - 'we need to start during the preseason....'  :-\

That's why we need TW to stay on, a caretaker coach may actually do this and then we will win too many games and stuff our draft chances. A real balance act at the moment.

Ramps

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2009, 03:14:25 PM »
Draft isnt as bad as people make out this year. RFC should be looking at using every pick it has inside p50. And if we can scrounge some 2nd and 3rd rounders from elsewhere I would use them as well.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2009, 03:31:21 PM »

Stripes

100% agree.

Although I strongly stand by that having a losing culture is the softest way out of admitting your not playing with confidence. Each new player to the club doesn't get flooded with the a losing culture of the past years.

Thats just such a soft cop out.

Every year you start again, past means nothing. Look at Geelong there amazing record means for absolutely nothing if they choke in September again.

Each year you reload and start from scratch whether it be with the exactly the same list or slightly modified. Your goals are outlined and set.

You don't go into round 1 with a losing culture, we went in unprepared and unmotivated in comparison to our opposition. That was the catalyst.
Go Tigers!

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2009, 04:27:36 PM »
didnt like the players abusing each other either, real bad sign tonight, real bad

You couldnt wait to get on here tonight could you? No-one loves a Richmond loss more than Jack

Especially when I backed the Bombers to win by 39 points or more
paid $4.50 :thumbsup
good team Essendon. They run and carry and are real hard at it.
When the going got tough in the 3rd quarter, our players held up the white flag :help
We have a real culture problem, anyway what do you all expect being coached by Terry ::)
Worst tackling team in the comp.
.problems started tonight when the defenders started zoning off.
A true supporter dosent bid agianst his team  :thumbsup

He didn't!!  :rollin :shh

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2009, 04:30:27 PM »
He didn't!!  :rollin :shh

WHAT, but why would he lie Tiga,

Sensationalism
To reinforce a point
To make a story sound good