Author Topic: Alternative guernseys  (Read 137984 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Alternative guernseys
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2004, 10:04:55 AM »

I LOVE IT, THE SASH IS BACK YESSSSSSSSS

Did I tell you I LOVE IT

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
 :scream :scream :scream :scream :scream :scream :scream :scream :scream :scream :scream :scream :scream :scream :scream :scream :scream :scream :scream :scream :scream :scream :scream :scream :scream
 :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

The sash is back  :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :bow :bow :bow :cheers :cheers :cheers

I'm saying what you're all saying ;D
« Last Edit: November 26, 2004, 03:08:48 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2004, 12:15:44 PM »
The thin black outline makes a massive difference - massive.  The old one (without the outline) was not easy on the eye as you could not make out the white number from the yellow sash at times.  I'm surprised they didn't think of something so simple ten years ago.

Also the new (old) jumper looks so much more refreshing and I think this will reflect the overall outlook at the club.  It will be like a completely new fresh start for the players who were zombified during the past few years - ie new coach, and handful of new teamates, new jumper, new enthusiasm.  A really good way to rid the cancer of the recent past.

Bring it on !!
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2004, 12:48:37 PM »
I like  :bow
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

froars

« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2004, 01:17:19 PM »
I'm a traditional girl - like the RFC guernsey without changes - except without the yellow sash on the back - i'm blind enough and can't see who's who at the best of times, but with the sash and white numbers, just makes it even harder.
Alternative summer strip - prefer our traditional one - but if it will generate more money for the club, then i don't see why not.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2004, 02:43:57 PM »
I'm a traditional girl - like the RFC guernsey without changes - except without the yellow sash on the back - i'm blind enough and can't see who's who at the best of times, but with the sash and white numbers, just makes it even harder.

On first impressions, i actually think the new numbers are easier to see.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2004, 03:54:45 PM »
Also the new (old) jumper looks so much more refreshing and I think this will reflect the overall outlook at the club.  It will be like a completely new fresh start for the players who were zombified during the past few years - ie new coach, and handful of new teamates, new jumper, new enthusiasm.  A really good way to rid the cancer of the recent past.

I remember thinking the same way when we changed it the first time back in 95 to half a slash. After seeing the traditional jumper linked to flogging after flogging in the late 80s/early 90s, it was like a fresh start. And combined with a winning team that year the team looked stronger and meaner in it. Now the reverse has happened as time has allowed the traditional guernsey to lose this stigma of those terrible years.

Eddie did the same thing when he took over the Pies. Reversed the B&W. Hopefully they'll finish bottom 4 again in the next few years and revert back to their "traditional" ::) mainly white jumper. The current one is responsible for most of the clashes as its mainly black. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2004, 04:57:51 PM »
Would you beleive I actually like it? I was against changing back but that black outline has made a hell of a difference to it on the eyes........

I did like the yellow though on the back. It was a pure black and yellow top.......
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

2JD

« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2004, 06:28:20 PM »
I like it too!!! No wonder they had a massive clearance of last years jumpers two fro the price of one, guess who got sucked in and bought a couple for the kids for christmas!!! :P Oh well, at least the dog lead I bought isnt last years model lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Clash jumper agreed upon
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2005, 05:10:29 PM »
What do you guys think of the news that 15 out of the 16 clubs including the Tiges apparently have agreed to use a clash jumper in 2006?

No mention of what this clash jumper will be though.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2005, 05:34:35 PM »
If its going to look anything like the last couple of jerseys we've commisioned - specifically the wizard cup grey number with tiger head motif, I'm not all that excited.

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2005, 05:39:35 PM »
I am color blind and the only jumper I have any trouble with against our jumper is Essendon.
I look at the shorts.

Collingwood would not change as if the other 15 changed they would already be wearing an alterative strip

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2005, 05:40:00 PM »
What do you guys think of the news that 15 out of the 16 clubs including the Tiges apparently have agreed to use a clash jumper in 2006?

Baaaaa, sheep the lot of 'em.  Only one Club has the guts to tell the AFL where to get off.  :banghead :banghead :banghead
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2005, 05:48:45 PM »

Baaaaa, sheep the lot of 'em.  Only one Club has the guts to tell the AFL where to get off.  :banghead :banghead :banghead

screw the pies, one ion all in!  sponsors away strips are the way to go!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2005, 06:35:35 PM »
Pies already have an alternative strip. It's their current mostly black guernsey they use now. They should wear their old traditional mostly white one when they play us with white shorts as there never ever use to be a jumper clash

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2005, 07:14:27 PM »

screw the pies, one ion all in! 
Pretty sure I heard Essendon were the ones who voted no.
Better not mention their nickname, apparently it is no longer politically correct in some circles. (probably more loops than circles - fruitloops that is)  :banghead
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott