Author Topic: Alternative guernseys  (Read 140592 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Alternative guernseys
« Reply #210 on: May 08, 2006, 03:07:00 PM »
Just to play devil's advocate - did anyone notice a jumper clash on Saturday night?

Now I'm in favour of a decent alternative guernsey anyway but on the tv both teams were easy to tell apart IMO.

Maybe we need clash goalposts lol. Do what they do in SA and have red point posts so our boys know the white ones are the goals  ;).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #211 on: May 08, 2006, 03:35:50 PM »
Glad you brought this up MT.

I was at the game and saw a replay afterwards.  If anyone, either watching at the ground, or on tv, reckons there was a jumper clash in that game then what can you say.

The only time the jumpers clashed was when players from both sides were going after the ball and they crashed into one another.  That’s the only sort of clash I noticed.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #212 on: May 08, 2006, 04:03:52 PM »
There was for me but as I have said before I am color Blind. As long as they stick to black and white shorts I am OK

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Bombers tell AFL their and our guernseys don't clash
« Reply #213 on: May 18, 2006, 02:28:05 AM »
Dons campaign to defuse anger over jumper
By Caroline Wilson
May 18, 2006

Essendon has taken the costly step of writing to almost 34,000 supporters in a bid to control the mounting anger among a growing number of members over the club's move to create an alternative playing jumper.

The club has spent more than $15,000 on the mail-out after being accused of ignoring members unable to access the Bombers' website, where it had originally posted news of an information night to be held at the end of this month.

The club has also written to the AFL insisting it should not have to wear its soon-to-be-revealed jumper against Richmond, pointing out to league executive Gillon McLachlan that the two sashed jumpers do not clash, citing the recent Dreamtime game.

Essendon has told its supporters it would face a fine of $110,000 ($5000 fines per player) from the AFL each time it failed to wear an alternative strip in its away games against Melbourne, St Kilda and Richmond.

"Fourteen other teams have complied and as far as the AFL is concerned, they don't see why Essendon or Collingwood should be given any special consideration," Essendon chairman Neil McKissock wrote to the club's members. "We can discuss the AFL ruling further at the upcoming members' information evening, but the reality is that we will have to submit a clash jumper."

McKissock said the club had legal advice that with the Dons having signed a licence agreement in 1985 giving the AFL Commission the power to dictate the rules of the competition, the club's constitution was outweighed. The only way the clash jumper edict could be overruled was if 11 of the 16 clubs voted to overturn it.

The Bombers will reveal several clash guernsey designs at the information evening at Moonee Valley Racing Club.

McLachlan has continued to insist that the alternative strip submitted by Collingwood - predominantly white with black stripes - is unacceptable. Clubs are required to submit alternative jumper designs by May 31, and McLachlan said he hoped to resolve the issue with the Magpies in the near future. Magpies chief executive Greg Swann stressed yesterday that the club did not plan to compromise and would only consider the new strip in away games against the Kangaroos.

President Eddie McGuire told The Age last month that the new jumper had been approved by AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou, only to later be rejected by the league's commercial operations department.

Both Collingwood and the Kangaroos denied yesterday that they had reached an agreement over the jumpers but Collingwood was understood to have withdrawn a threat to ask the AFL that it not be fixtured in away games against the Kangaroos, a club with a low supporter base. The two teams clashed last month over the Kangaroos' insistence on wearing its striped jumper against Collingwood.

The deadline for Essendon members to enrol for the information night was two nights ago and McKissock, who was indirectly criticised by club legend Tim Watson on radio two days ago, will speak to at least 650 members. He will put forward the predominantly red jumper, which has been designed by club sponsor Puma in conjunction with the club's marketing department.

The feeling among some Essendon members is that McKissock should have stood up to the AFL but the Bombers have repeatedly insisted they have been forced to break with tradition - as Carlton has done - and design an alternative strip.

The Essendon chairman will stress to his members that the red jumper could be worn as rarely as once a year. The AFL has not reached a decision on which team will get priority if two clash guernseys come up against each other in a grand final.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2006/05/17/1147545393396.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Bombers tell AFL their and our guernseys don't clash
« Reply #214 on: May 18, 2006, 02:38:37 AM »
Bombers see red on strip
Damian Barrett
Herald-Sun
18may06

THE AFL has threatened clubs with a $110,000 fine for breaches of the clash strip rule to be introduced next season.

Clubs have been told $5000 will be slugged for each player failing to comply with wearing an AFL-approved guernsey.
All clubs bar Essendon have lodged alternative strip options for next year. The Bombers will ask for an extension to the May 31 deadline.

Chief executive Peter Jackson said yesterday they would outline a range of options to members at a meeting at Moonee Valley on May 30.

"What we can do is explain the circumstances, they can get angry if they like, but it comes back to needing to abide by rules," Jackson said.

"At the end of the day, the board will have to make the decision."

Essendon says its traditional black and red sash jumper clashes only with Melbourne, and not, as argued by the AFL, with Richmond and St Kilda.

"We haven't finalised (the clash strip) yet but it is primarily a red jumper," Jackson said.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,19173493%255E11088,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #215 on: May 21, 2006, 02:23:16 AM »
If the Crows are wearing a clash strip against us here in Melbourne does that mean we'll be wearing one at Footy Park?

Btw it was bloody hard to read their gold numbers on the red shirt most of the time.

Does anyone know if the Club has been officially told yet who we "clash" with? The final deadline is in only 10 days. Doesn't give much time for us members to select one from a selection of alternatives  ???.

Offline N. Brown No.1 Fan

• Tiger Rookie
  • In 2006 All Of Australia Will Be Tiger Territory
« Reply #216 on: May 21, 2006, 04:04:52 PM »
I really do believe we need a alternative jumper for away games but i really did DISLIKE the grey tigers guernsey they had in the nab cup discrasful to our club i would like to see reverse colours ;D
Petifer kicks inside the 50...... "RICHO" takes a screama!, lines up, GOAL, TIGERS win " Oh, were from Tigerland !

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #217 on: May 30, 2006, 02:07:06 AM »
Essendon are revealing their strips tonight yet still no word out of the RFC  ???.

Dons to reveal strips
30 May 2006   Herald Sun
Damian Barrett

ESSENDON will tonight reveal its preferred clash strip guernsey to up to 500 members.

Bombers officials will present at least two jumper options at a members' information evening at Moonee Valley racecourse.

Members will be asked for their opinions, but will not get the chance to vote, with the final decision resting with the club's board.

Essendon disagrees with the AFL on which teams present jumper clashes. It believes only Melbourne poses a clash, whereas the AFL argues Richmond and St Kilda are also problematic.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Essendon's clash strip that isn't a clash strip
« Reply #218 on: May 30, 2006, 10:30:54 PM »
Here are the Bombers' 4 clash strip options shown at their club meeting tonight (courtesy of bomberblitz).

The preferred option was D  ???:

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #219 on: May 31, 2006, 01:34:13 AM »
We're joining the Bombers in arguing there isn't a clash.

Essendon chief executive Peter Jackson revealed that the club is challenging the notion of a clash with Richmond, a fight, he said, the Tigers have joined.

Jackson ... who added that his Richmond counterpart, Steven Wright, also has written to the AFL to argue that a clash between the teams does not exist. Since 1998, when the AFL first suggested that the Essendon and Richmond jumpers were confusingly similar, the Tigers have added a yellow sash to the back of their jumpers.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2006/05/30/1148956348192.html

"Richmond and Essendon are jointly challenging (the AFL) that there is a clash of jumpers," Jackson said.

"And I think we will be successful."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,19313282%255E23209,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Update on RFC Clash Strip
« Reply #220 on: June 02, 2006, 02:22:52 PM »
The Club is awaiting some samples of various designs for the clash strip which will then go before the members for their voting input. This should happen over the next few weeks.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #221 on: July 04, 2006, 07:04:50 PM »
The pussy cats have released theirs. Ours must be ready by now?  ???

letsgetiton!

« Reply #222 on: July 04, 2006, 07:21:16 PM »
The pussy cats have released theirs. Ours must be ready by now?  ???

those claw marks klook very similar, i wonder where they got that idea from lol :clapping

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #223 on: July 04, 2006, 10:50:44 PM »
those claw marks klook very similar, i wonder where they got that idea from lol :clapping

Can anybody spell "Ripoff".

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #224 on: July 05, 2006, 08:13:37 AM »
Not being the artistic type, but I would have had paw prints for the Cats instead of the scratch marks.  Can anyone do a sample for me?