Author Topic: Who would be the more attractive proposition to coach: Richmond or North?  (Read 9416 times)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
Re: Who would be the more attractive proposition to coach: Richmond or North?
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2009, 10:08:46 PM »
North getting a touch ahead of themselves?

"The talent we have available is capable of playing finals, and yes, sure, we need things to go our way, but our best side, and I can say this with confidence, can beat anyone in the competition," Brad Scott said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/single-minded-brad-scott/story-e6frf9jf-1225807908373

"North Melbourne will not make The 2010 AFL Finals!"
quote torch!

:)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2009, 10:16:16 PM »
Brad Scott sounds like a cross between sheedy and Wallace.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2009, 10:24:50 PM »
Still towing that line is Scotty.
Geez footy can be a harsh game. :help

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2009, 09:16:53 PM »
"but our best side, and I can say this with confidence, can beat anyone in the competition," Brad Scott said.
???

The only side North beat this year by more than two goals was Melbourne twice.

As far as beating "anyone in the comp" the lost to premiers Geelong by 70 points  :wallywink. Looks like North are taking their narrow win over St Kilda late in the year when the Saints had nothing to play for far too seriously.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2009, 09:30:17 PM »
He's pretty much got to say it though. North live on the edge of the abyss and he needs to get try and get them above 30,000 members.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2009, 10:13:01 PM »
"but our best side, and I can say this with confidence, can beat anyone in the competition," Brad Scott said.
???

As far as beating "anyone in the comp" the lost to premiers Geelong by 70 points  :wallywink. Looks like North are taking their narrow win over St Kilda late in the year when the Saints had nothing to play for far too seriously.

funny i remember not so long ago in uum 2008 a club called Richmond did the exact same thing when we beat the Hawks

ooh how i remember coming on here and reading that we were on the right track with Terry..hahaha

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2009, 02:11:24 AM »
???

funny i remember not so long ago in uum 2008 a club called Richmond did the exact same thing when we beat the Hawks

ooh how i remember coming on here and reading that we were on the right track with Terry..hahaha

Richmond defeats Hawthorn 
Round 20, MCG, Attendance: 44523
Sunday, 17th August 2008, 1:10 PM AEST
Brownlow Votes: 3: M Richardson, 2: T Cotchin, 1: S Tuck

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2009, 09:46:49 PM »
???

That was my point in a way. Means nothing if you don't back it up the following year as we didn't and we were coming off 8 wins from our last 11 rather than just one good win over a top 2 side late in the season as North did. No excuses from us to fall totally off the edge of the Earth in a year where just 10 wins got you into the finals. Not just Wallace's fault either. The playing list were just as responsible for being so mentality weak they couldn't handle the expectation of finishing 8th or higher and froze in round 1 to the point they were fumbling and dropping straightforward marks ::). Thankfully Hardwick sent one third of the playing list out the door to follow their old coach. Another third would go as well based on their woeful 2009.

Going by the noises coming out of Arden St they seem to be just blaming Laidley and reckon their playing list will be fine. They are kidding themselves if they believe that.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2010, 04:23:26 PM »
North are already talking about September and saying they're not in a rebuilding phase  :o

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/88671/default.aspx

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2010, 04:56:21 PM »
They're talking themselves up hoping that it will help double their membership numbers. From 3 to 6  :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2010, 05:10:04 PM »
Well if thats what they believe then good on them, I do think they are abit ahead of themselves, actually just like we were this time last year.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

the claw

« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2010, 09:35:29 PM »
did they or did they not with just as young a list as us finish above us.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2010, 12:28:38 AM »
North are garbage plain and simple.
Self promotion to inflate the status of a brand that has not much going for it is not going to rectify the on field and financial constraints that this characterless football club have to go through year in year out. F*** them.
If by finishing a few spots above us on the ladder means they can comment on their upcoming seasons fortunes well let them gloat away. We got rid of a fair rid of crap last year and our best player in Richo retired too. Their best player Harvey is still playing. They have huge holes in their list.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
First test of this question this week. We're looking pretty attractive propostion to coach at the minute as Dimma would attest  :thumbsup

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Well the Kangas have beaten the lesser lights of the comp - except the Hawks when they were struggling and been pants by the Bulldogs, Saints, Magpies and Dockers.

No Petrie either which will hurt them and help us enormously.

Their rucks are going to be a massive advantage even without Petrie but we have a serious midfield and a very good defense.

I can't remember the last time we had such class coming out of our backline with Connors, Newman and Lids all elite kicks.
It is going to hurt teams on the rebound inside 50 much like we have been punished in the past few years.

Interesting stat on the couch tonight - we are ranked 1 in the comp for least goals conceded once the ball is in the opposition 50.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”