Author Topic: Essendon make me sick  (Read 4335 times)

Bulluss

Essendon make me sick
« on: October 09, 2004, 10:53:57 AM »
Who the hell do Essendon think they are?

They talk so much crap during trade week every year and then at the last minute try and make totally one sided deals which are hardly ever going to be considered.

How they had the nerve to do a deal for Zantuck and pick 36 in exchange for their pick 30.

Do you think for one moment Miller was going to make the AFL room in time, never in a million years!!! He had his chance to shaft the bombers and he took it with a big grin on his face!!!

Then they have the nerve to try and do a trade for Scott West, now West is a champion player and will be for atleast another 2-3 years. Essendons offer: Darren Walsh(19y/o and 2 games) plus a second rounder. What an insult this is to Scotty West.

Essendon think they are aboce everyone else and i am sick of them, lets hope with Wallace taking over we can start a period of dominance over those scum and hopefully Zantuck is best on ground.

froars

Re: Essendon make me sick
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 10:56:34 AM »
Agree Bully - made my day to see Greg grinning from ear to ear as he said it was their fault and seeing the Bombers "schit-for-brains-trust" looking on with daggers  :rollin

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 11:09:20 AM »
Shafter Sheedy got Shafted  :lol
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 02:23:23 PM »
Agree Bully - made my day to see Greg grinning from ear to ear as he said it was their fault and seeing the Bombers "schit-for-brains-trust" looking on with daggers  :rollin

Did you see Mark Harvey - CLASSIC :rollin

Their attempt to trade for Scott West was an insult to Scott West and embarassed Essendon for the dills they are. Isn't strange how all these missed trades happen to Essendon. Misiti, Alvey, RCF missing the draft pick that was to come with Blumfield and now Zantuck. Shows them for what they are - con artists and morons  >:( and did I mention stupid. ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2004, 04:18:48 PM »
Yes, I can't stand Essendon either.  And now that they Damian Hardwick over there - what's he going to do, teach Lloyd how to really get away with stuff?

Ox

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2004, 04:31:50 PM »
Sheedy has been left behind with the advent of modern thinking.

Ego and complacency.

Too old,too slow,too stubborn.

LMAOOO@ There being a newer biznesss format and sheeds having no idea how to work with it.

They wont win a flag for 20 years.

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2004, 04:36:55 PM »

Ego and complacency.

LMAOOO@ There being a newer biznesss format and sheeds having no idea how to work with it.

And we know how that feels :(

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2004, 04:41:10 PM »
Julz I think Hardwick's gone to the Hawks hasn't he?
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Ox

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2004, 04:45:02 PM »

Ego and complacency.

And we know how that feels :(

So true Bg,

I believe Miller has been the turning point

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2004, 07:06:05 PM »
Julz I think Hardwick's gone to the Hawks hasn't he?
Sorry - I stand corrected.  He originally came from Essendon though, didn't he?  If so, explains a lot.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2004, 02:07:01 AM »
They talk so much crap during trade week every year and then at the last minute try and make totally one sided deals which are hardly ever going to be considered.

Agree Bully but thankfully it looks like everyone else has woken up to them. Clubs no longer want to trade with Sheeds  :thumbsup. Might be some mediorce times coming up for the bombers if they keep topping up to try and scrape into the top 8 8).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2004, 01:35:06 PM »
Bomber blast for Tigers
10 October 2004 Sunday Herald Sun
By JON PIERIK

ESSENDON has launched a blistering attack on Richmond football director Greg Miller over the failed Ty Zantuck deal. Saying the club was annoyed by the general lies that come out during trade week, Bomber recruiting manager Adrian Dodoro reserved his strongest attack for the Richmond boss.

Miller said on 3AW yesterday: "The night before (Thursday) we had a deal that was going to get the Tigers choice nine and it involved Ty going to the Kangaroos, which he seemed at the time happy to do.

"Then Essendon that night and the next morning said: 'We want Ty, we want Ty.'

"As soon as we rang their recruiting guy, he says: 'We are not interested in Ty.'

"This goes on all day. In the meantime, the Kangaroos get frustrated and that deal falls over.

"As we expected, Essendon walk in a couple of minutes to the deadline and we didn't make it in time."

But Dodoro said the Essendon contingent was leaving Optus Oval near the 2pm deadline on Friday when player manager Paul Connors approached them about doing a late trade for Zantuck, who is managed by Anthony McConville.

"We had told them about Tuesday we weren't interested because of the money," Dodoro said.

"We told Anthony McConville we don't want him, send him to the Kangaroos. The money was too much.

"We're annoyed by what's happening," Dodoro said of the reporting of the failure to do a deal.

In the aftermath of trade week, a smiling Miller said he had made a wrong turn in his effort to complete a deal before the deadline and then followed up yesterday with criticism of Essendon over the outcome.

The latest row revives memories of the row following Richmond's pursuit of Bomber midfielder Dean Solomon last year.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,11028590%255E19742,00.html
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Ox

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2004, 01:46:35 PM »
Good.

We as a club should give it to all these mofo's.

We dont need friends,besides,what have they done for us latey.

Treat them all with the contempt they deserve.

The best way to the top is to take no prisoners.

Here's to the re-igniting of the GR era.

Go Tiges.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2004, 02:42:46 PM by Ox »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2004, 01:53:54 PM »

Here's to the re-ignition of the GR era.

Go Tiges.

I don't think GR would have faced the media smiling like Miller did on Friday Ox. GR would have been snarling not smiling ;D

But fantastic to see that we wont be pushed around anymore by other clubs, player managers and disgruntled players :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ox

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2004, 02:35:55 PM »

Here's to the re-igniting of the GR era.

Go Tiges.

I don't think GR would have faced the media smiling like Miller did on Friday Ox. GR would have been snarling not smiling ;D

But fantastic to see that we wont be pushed around anymore by other clubs, player managers and disgruntled players :thumbsup

True WP,Gregs disposition is a lot more media friendly -LMAO.

Maybe we can send him some angry pills
but personally I like nothiong more than a smiling assasin.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2004, 02:43:19 PM by Ox »