Author Topic: World Cup 2022 Bid [merged]  (Read 33603 times)

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
Re: World Cup 2022 Bid [merged]
« Reply #150 on: December 03, 2010, 12:58:42 PM »
And puhleeze dont bid again, we will never get it! Better spending the money on something we have a chance at or hospitals, education ......

agree!  Bread not circuses.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #151 on: December 03, 2010, 01:01:54 PM »
Qatar are going to dismantle their stadiums after the world cup and give them to countries in need, maybe they can leave one up for the other type of Kangaroo and they can go play over there, if you get what I mean. ;D

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #152 on: December 03, 2010, 02:58:31 PM »
expect massive terroist threats and attacks in 2022 .... FIFA has to be the most corrupt system in sport .... p.s our stuffing primeinsiter was in bed when it happend as well ...... every one who voted her in deserves to be shot ... atleats Rudd gave a poo

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #153 on: December 03, 2010, 06:36:41 PM »
The most disappointing thing to me is that the stadium upgrades around the country would have have been a boon for the respective codes.

Is the result a reflection of where FIFA see soccer in Australia at?
There was rumours during the last week that Qatar believed it had plenty of votes to survive the early rounds that some of its supporters amongst the FIFA delegates would be asked to support Japan and Korea in the hope of knocking out the USA bid in the first round. In the end the strategy worked but it was Australia that was knocked out. England also got knocked out early with just 2 votes. You'd now expect the British press such as Panaroma to go full throttle to expose FIFA's corruption.

As for the stadium redevelopments - most of the Aussie Rules was independent of the bid so they will happen:
Perth will eventually get a new 60-70k stadium as Subiaco is ageing badly and too small with Eagles and Freo both look like having waiting lists.
Adelaide Oval is already happening after the SANFL and SACA ended their schism.
The Great Southern Stand at the 'G will get its facelift as reported mid-year
Carrara is currently being built to 25k which is big enough for the Suns and there's still a chance if we win the 2018 Commonwealth Games bid it could still be expanded to 45k.

The loss of the bid hurts more the northern states which means Soccer and NRL miss out. No new Canberra stadium, no new Townsville stadium, no new Newcastle stadium. Not to forget all the training facilties around the country. Also no new Blacktown stadium. The AFL originally wanted a multi-purpose venue at Blacktown for GWS to use alongside NRL and A-league but the FFA cracked the sads over Etihad being out of the bid and made the proposed Blacktown stadium rectangular-only hence Demetriou targetting the Sydney Showgrounds at Homebush for GWS. Now the bid has failed the AFL still gets its 25k stadium while Soccer misses out through their own stupidity and chip on the shoulder. If they had agreed on a multi-purpose venue it would've still be built even if it was on a smaller more economical scale (25k). Demetriou is a arrogant so-and-so but he's a smart arrogant so-and-so. He always seems to have a plan B ready to go if plan A fails. He's now outsmarted Lowy and the FFA on their own turf.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

10 FLAGS

« Reply #154 on: December 03, 2010, 07:58:46 PM »
The old national league was great but the violence wrecked it in the end.  Even when the Victory played Hellas in a preseason game a few years ago, the home crowd couldnt control themselves.

young blokes who cant handle the pee and think their culture is better than others can eff off

There was 1 act of violence - A Victory supporter chucked a lit flare that hit a South Melbourne player which knocked him to the ground and nearly burned him. The act of a dumb idiot Victory hooligan!

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #155 on: December 03, 2010, 08:07:48 PM »
The old national league was great but the violence wrecked it in the end.  Even when the Victory played Hellas in a preseason game a few years ago, the home crowd couldnt control themselves.

young blokes who cant handle the pee and think their culture is better than others can eff off

100% correct. They have ruined it for everyone with their patriotic crap.
Lets punch up the Croats cause they looked at us funny. :banghead :banghead

It made me laugh when those Italians here were so happy to defeat Australia in that second round 4 years ago.

These are the type of fools who think their culture is better than ours. Seriously stuff off back to your home land. My old was born in Italy but came here at age 18 and he is 100% Australian. He owes Italy nothing he says but Australia everything.

As for Hallas/Marconi and whoever else
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #156 on: December 03, 2010, 08:09:51 PM »

There was 1 act of violence - A Victory supporter chucked a lit flare that hit a South Melbourne player which knocked him to the ground and nearly burned him. The act of a dumb idiot Victory hooligan!

is this you Ramps? The south melbourne connection gives it away

whats with the name change pal?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #157 on: December 03, 2010, 08:45:50 PM »
Why is it as Australians we jump for joy when we win a bid to host a major sporting event and if we fail we blame corruption and how we were cheated and hard done by. Time for us to wake up!!  :banghead
Qatar's bid was outstanding and essentially left ours for dead. Good luck to them. I think they will be excellent hosts. I think the biggest turn up was the UK missing out over Russia.

The outcry tiga would've been non-existent had one of the other bids won. People just find it suss that the bid with the worst technical report (high-risk) and which didn't satisfy the usual FIFA criteria of 2-3 stadia max. per city won it. No to forget the allegations of vote swapping which was also against FIFA's guidelines. There's also rumours of the whole tournament being shifted to January which would be unprecendented although it's hard to see even FIFA agreeing to this as the European leagues would have to go on hiatus for a month midseason. I agree with you in one aspect. If Qatar miraculously pull this off with all the air-conditioned and underground technology promised then Doha will look like a fantasy city and would be worth seeing just because it would look out of this world.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #158 on: December 03, 2010, 09:45:57 PM »
.... p.s our effing primeinsiter was in bed when it happend as well ...... every one who voted her in deserves to be shot ... atleats Rudd gave a poo

You can't be serious? Like her being there was going to make a difference  :banghead Was Obama there for the USA? er.. NOPE  don't think Putin was there for Russsia...

Wouldn't have made one iota of difference

Give me a break
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #159 on: December 03, 2010, 11:32:05 PM »
She probably knew the result beforehand. It seems everyone else did via twitter.

The English media are claiming only two of the 22 delegates actually read the technical reports of each bid. I guess all they needed to read was the amount that appeared in their Swiss bank accounts lol.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #160 on: December 04, 2010, 02:21:06 PM »
Australians have lost the plot. How about congratulating the winners instead of making excuse after excuse for Australia's rubbish campaign led by a rubbish administration.

Every other bid focussed on football. Australias bid focussed on Elle, Hoges, The GG, A cartoon Kangaroo. Every other bid provided football with a legacy, the FFA wanted to stick rectangle pitches onto ovals used by and for AFL footy leaving any legacy to another code. Every other bid showed where football had been, where it was now and where football would go in the future, Our bid made no mention of football before 2005 and gave the impression that we are a bunch of Hicks out in the sticks chasing kangaroos and playing soccer underneath Ayres Rock. Ok you guys are disappointed, and yeah Im sticking the boots in because I dont like the FFA and Lowy, but the truth is our bid STANK! Our bid was amateurish and put together by people who dont understand football. Thats it in a nutshell. And yeah, its also about money, if you wanna go to the big dance, youve gotta get out onto the dance floor and dance, the Qataris and the Americans new what was needed and they paid what they had to to give themselves the best chance. As for us, we wasted 45 million bucks. And one last point, the Australian bid wasnt and isnt as innocent as people believe, we also gifted the fifa executive gifts, including paspaley pearls worths thousands of dollars. And that guys is the truth. The FFA is run by amateurs!

10 FLAGS

« Reply #161 on: December 04, 2010, 02:22:09 PM »

needed a new tag. hopefully my next tag will be 11 Flags.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #162 on: December 04, 2010, 04:05:23 PM »
Australians have lost the plot. How about congratulating the winners instead of making excuse after excuse for Australia's rubbish campaign led by a rubbish administration.

Every other bid focussed on football. Australias bid focussed on Elle, Hoges, The GG, A cartoon Kangaroo. Every other bid provided football with a legacy, the FFA wanted to stick rectangle pitches onto ovals used by and for AFL footy leaving any legacy to another code. Every other bid showed where football had been, where it was now and where football would go in the future, Our bid made no mention of football before 2005 and gave the impression that we are a bunch of Hicks out in the sticks chasing kangaroos and playing soccer underneath Ayres Rock. Ok you guys are disappointed, and yeah Im sticking the boots in because I dont like the FFA and Lowy, but the truth is our bid STANK! Our bid was amateurish and put together by people who dont understand football. Thats it in a nutshell. And yeah, its also about money, if you wanna go to the big dance, youve gotta get out onto the dance floor and dance, the Qataris and the Americans new what was needed and they paid what they had to to give themselves the best chance. As for us, we wasted 45 million bucks. And one last point, the Australian bid wasnt and isnt as innocent as people believe, we also gifted the fifa executive gifts, including paspaley pearls worths thousands of dollars. And that guys is the truth. The FFA is run by amateurs!

sadly it seems some of this is true as the HUN suggests today.

It actually makes the whole process look more corrupt if you ask me. 

We gave pearls they gave well you do the math.

Ramps your wrong mate i dont agree. 45 Mil is enough IMO.
If we had overpaid say 100mil or more could you imagine the outcry if we still had lost.

The campaign was a joke i agree there. Jumping kangaroo and a Botoxed Paul Hogan who weeks earlier was going to get locked up for years but all of a sudden was cleared of any wrong doing. How pathetic really.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #163 on: December 04, 2010, 04:18:21 PM »
Thats fair enough dan. My opinion is that we shouldnt have bid at all. I agree even if we spent 100 million we still would have lost.  :cheers

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #164 on: December 04, 2010, 04:31:44 PM »

needed a new tag. hopefully my next tag will be 11 Flags.

Lucky you don't barrack for St Kilda or Footscray.  :P
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI