Author Topic: World Cup 2022 Bid [merged]  (Read 33617 times)

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
Re: World Cup 2022 Bid [merged]
« Reply #165 on: December 04, 2010, 06:47:55 PM »
The old national league was great but the violence wrecked it in the end.  Even when the Victory played Hellas in a preseason game a few years ago, the home crowd couldnt control themselves.

young blokes who cant handle the pee and think their culture is better than others can eff off

There was 1 act of violence - A Victory supporter chucked a lit flare that hit a South Melbourne player which knocked him to the ground and nearly burned him. The act of a dumb idiot Victory hooligan!

mate thats way off.  the flare was thrown at the MV keeper, it hit him in the head.  There were fights over on the far side all night.  Brwling in the trams later on.  Hellas disgraced themsleves

10 FLAGS

« Reply #166 on: December 04, 2010, 10:14:42 PM »
The old national league was great but the violence wrecked it in the end.  Even when the Victory played Hellas in a preseason game a few years ago, the home crowd couldnt control themselves.

young blokes who cant handle the pee and think their culture is better than others can eff off

There was 1 act of violence - A Victory supporter chucked a lit flare that hit a South Melbourne player which knocked him to the ground and nearly burned him. The act of a dumb idiot Victory hooligan!

mate thats way off.  the flare was thrown at the MV keeper, it hit him in the head.  There were fights over on the far side all night.  Brwling in the trams later on.  Hellas disgraced themsleves

Way off is when you come on here and talk crap! Our young player was deliberately targetted by your Victory hooligan element. They chucked the flare and hit a SOUTH MELBOURNE PLAYER who fell to the ground injured. THAT IS THE FACTS! Andrew Bourakis was our player and he was smashed on the head by a lit flare chucked by your hooligans that night. Indeed that night your hooligan element threw multiple flares because they had decided to run an agenda to make sure South didnt get the 2nd licence. Now you clowns are stuck with Hearts and theyre only getting 5000 a game and half of them are your supporters who feel sorry for them!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 10:35:36 PM by 10 FLAGS »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #167 on: December 05, 2010, 08:09:44 AM »
Australians have lost the plot. How about congratulating the winners instead of making excuse after excuse for Australia's rubbish campaign led by a rubbish administration.

Every other bid focussed on football. Australias bid focussed on Elle, Hoges, The GG, A cartoon Kangaroo. Every other bid provided football with a legacy, the FFA wanted to stick rectangle pitches onto ovals used by and for AFL footy leaving any legacy to another code. Every other bid showed where football had been, where it was now and where football would go in the future, Our bid made no mention of football before 2005 and gave the impression that we are a bunch of Hicks out in the sticks chasing kangaroos and playing soccer underneath Ayres Rock. Ok you guys are disappointed, and yeah Im sticking the boots in because I dont like the FFA and Lowy, but the truth is our bid STANK! Our bid was amateurish and put together by people who dont understand football. Thats it in a nutshell. And yeah, its also about money, if you wanna go to the big dance, youve gotta get out onto the dance floor and dance, the Qataris and the Americans new what was needed and they paid what they had to to give themselves the best chance. As for us, we wasted 45 million bucks. And one last point, the Australian bid wasnt and isnt as innocent as people believe, we also gifted the fifa executive gifts, including paspaley pearls worths thousands of dollars. And that guys is the truth. The FFA is run by amateurs!

sadly it seems some of this is true as the HUN suggests today.

It actually makes the whole process look more corrupt if you ask me. 

We gave pearls they gave well you do the math.

Ramps your wrong mate i dont agree. 45 Mil is enough IMO.
If we had overpaid say 100mil or more could you imagine the outcry if we still had lost.

The campaign was a joke i agree there. Jumping kangaroo and a Botoxed Paul Hogan who weeks earlier was going to get locked up for years but all of a sudden was cleared of any wrong doing. How pathetic really.
Australia didn't lose because of it's promotional video or because it didn't mention or respect "football" enough. Craig Foster as usual doesn't know what he is talking about. FIFA's technical report praised our bid but in the end all the technical reports and FIFA delegate visits meant sweet all. We lost because of the politics. We had no exco member, no bloc of votes and no unlimited pockets as chips to barter with and then we lost our Oceania vote. We had nothing to play FIFA's bidding game whereas Qatar stagemanaged the whole bidding and voting process. 

The next time we bid, which probably won't be for another 25-30 years, Australia needs to first get the Asian confederation to support one bid and that being Australia's. That'd give us 5 starting votes to survive the first round. Also if Qatar are allowed to hold inte WC in Jan/Feb then the predecent is there for Australia to do the same so all stadia are available without disrupting and ticking off the other codes.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #168 on: December 05, 2010, 12:07:56 PM »

mate thats way off.  the flare was thrown at the MV keeper, it hit him in the head.  There were fights over on the far side all night.  Brwling in the trams later on.  Hellas disgraced themsleves

Way off is when you come on here and talk crap! Our young player was deliberately targetted by your Victory hooligan element. They chucked the flare and hit a SOUTH MELBOURNE PLAYER who fell to the ground injured. THAT IS THE FACTS! Andrew Bourakis was our player and he was smashed on the head by a lit flare chucked by your hooligans that night. Indeed that night your hooligan element threw multiple flares because they had decided to run an agenda to make sure South didnt get the 2nd licence. Now you clowns are stuck with Hearts and theyre only getting 5000 a game and half of them are your supporters who feel sorry for them!

bourakis?  lol.  he admitted afterwards he was acting.  at leat 12 flares were thrown.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #169 on: December 05, 2010, 02:05:45 PM »
He was seriously injured but was told to say what he said so as to not damage the Victory PR wise. Everyone knows that. Also I was responding to your falsehood that the flares were thrown by us. No my friend, the flares were thrown by the Victory hooligans. There is visual proof of everything but as usual the New Football supporters like yourself dont like hearing the truth and thats a shame because New Football is going under as we speak.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #170 on: December 05, 2010, 02:07:07 PM »
In re: the World Cup Bid, the only truth is that the FFA is run by Amateurs and they have disgraced a great sporting nation like Australia. 1 Vote lol. They have turned Australia into a Worldwide laughing stock. They should all resign and that includes Lowy!

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #171 on: December 05, 2010, 02:16:34 PM »
He was seriously injured but was told to say what he said so as to not damage the Victory PR wise. Everyone knows that. Also I was responding to your falsehood that the flares were thrown by us. No my friend, the flares were thrown by the Victory hooligans. There is visual proof of everything but as usual the New Football supporters like yourself dont like hearing the truth and thats a shame because New Football is going under as we speak.

LOL @ he was told to say it.  he wasnt injured.  he dived and he admitted it.

LOL @ new football supporters like me....what would u know mate?  u dont know me at all.  What cracks me up is that yr living in the past when second rate blokes ran around on third rate paddocks and after the game u smashed a few shop windows and abused the cops.

Those were the days! :rollin

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #172 on: December 05, 2010, 02:17:21 PM »
In re: the World Cup Bid, the only truth is that the FFA is run by Amateurs and they have disgraced a great sporting nation like Australia. 1 Vote lol. They have turned Australia into a Worldwide laughing stock. They should all resign and that includes Lowy!

lol...next time u run the show mate and we'll all be sweet!  :rollin

10 FLAGS

« Reply #173 on: December 05, 2010, 06:56:12 PM »
NSL players took Australia to the World Cup. New Football and the FFA got 1 vote and disgraced Australia internationally irrevocably hurting our reputation- Old soccer would never have wasted $45 million of taxpayers money that could have gone to kids hospitals or cancer wards - instead it went on lifting the egos of the FFA lol - a bunch of amateurs as was seen by the end result!

Your league is going under and everyone knows it. Oh and one last truth ... you claimed that South supporters threw the flare which hit a player and was a blatant lie. The Victory hooligans threw it anyway it doesnt matter every week theres less and less of your supporters at games. 

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #174 on: December 05, 2010, 06:59:00 PM »
'My league?'

'New Football?'

what drugs are u on mate?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #175 on: December 05, 2010, 08:40:54 PM »
NSL players took Australia to the World Cup. New Football and the FFA got 1 vote and disgraced Australia internationally irrevocably hurting our reputation- Old soccer would never have wasted $45 million of taxpayers money that could have gone to kids hospitals or cancer wards - instead it went on lifting the egos of the FFA lol - a bunch of amateurs as was seen by the end result!

Your league is going under and everyone knows it. Oh and one last truth ... you claimed that South supporters threw the flare which hit a player and was a blatant lie. The Victory hooligans threw it anyway it doesnt matter every week theres less and less of your supporters at games. 

Ramps can i ask you a question.

If Hallas was in the A league would you have wanted Australia to win the World Cup bid?

I dont believe it was a waste at all i mean look at how we waste $$$ on that Grand prix each and every year or how about that the 100 plus million we spent on the south eastern arterial in the late 80's before we turned it into the Monash Freeway. The list goes on and on and on. Money is wasted everywhere. This was a sound investment IMO but in the end were beaten by a country who had more money to splash around.

England only got 2 votes in the 2018 also im pretty sure and they thought they were a real show.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #176 on: December 05, 2010, 10:49:21 PM »

If Hallas was in the A league would you have wanted Australia to win the World Cup bid?

I dont believe it was a waste at all i mean look at how we waste $$$ on that Grand prix each and every year or how about that the 100 plus million we spent on the south eastern arterial in the late 80's before we turned it into the Monash Freeway. The list goes on and on and on. Money is wasted everywhere. This was a sound investment IMO but in the end were beaten by a country who had more money to splash around.

England only got 2 votes in the 2018 also im pretty sure and they thought they were a real show.

Yep if my club was in then of course I would have wanted Australia to win the bid but soccer like football is a tribal sport. For example, if there was a revolution of AFL footy and say Richmond were thrown out and put into the VFL never to return to AFL competition, I would be doing exactly the same probably more. For me sport in this country is 1) Richmond FC 2) South Melbourne. I dont give a poo if the AFL is going well or if soccer is going well, I just care about Richmond and South Melbourne- for me Richmond is greater than the game its the same with South- for me South is bigger and more important than the game. Thats me! Thats how I feel! Its tribal!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #177 on: December 06, 2010, 07:17:16 AM »

Yep if my club was in then of course I would have wanted Australia to win the bid but soccer like football is a tribal sport. For example, if there was a revolution of AFL footy and say Richmond were thrown out and put into the VFL never to return to AFL competition, I would be doing exactly the same probably more. For me sport in this country is 1) Richmond FC 2) South Melbourne. I dont give a poo if the AFL is going well or if soccer is going well, I just care about Richmond and South Melbourne- for me Richmond is greater than the game its the same with South- for me South is bigger and more important than the game. Thats me! Thats how I feel! Its tribal!

fair enough mate

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #178 on: December 06, 2010, 07:51:45 AM »
'South is bigger and more important than the game.'

In just a few simple words you have succinctly explained why the NSL failed.

(And why clubs like South have no place in the A-League and now play in the 'Burbs)

10 FLAGS

« Reply #179 on: December 06, 2010, 09:41:13 AM »
'South is bigger and more important than the game.'

In just a few simple words you have succinctly explained why the NSL failed.

(And why clubs like South have no place in the A-League and now play in the 'Burbs)

LOL ... South has been around for 50 years and has just secured its future with a redevelopment and guaranteed financial streams, your A League clubs are up the creek without a paddle. When it all crumbles for the A League clubs, and it will crumble, South will be back.