Author Topic: "Deledio will never be an elite midfielder" - Wallace  (Read 3220 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: "Deledio will never be an elite midfielder" - Wallace
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 09:36:45 AM »

If he was going to be an elite midfielder, he would have shown it by now.

by winning a B&F @ 21 or something?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2009, 10:11:37 AM »
cant believe some of you lot are asking for Lids heads. Seriously what a joke

you have others who never got delisted and you all know who i mean and then you have Lids who some are asking for his trading.

NO LIDS NO FUTURE FOR OUR CLUB

i put Moore, Graham, Cotchin and jack in that group as well.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ramps

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2009, 10:35:01 AM »
and just to think people get upset when I and others mention foley as a trade option .... theres no way we should be trading deledio. on the other hand foley is tradeable because his disposal of the footy isnt that flash and midfielders like him are a dime a dozen. we could get a really good deal for foley.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2009, 12:49:12 PM »
Just read a post on BF by True Thylacine where apparently Hird on the couch last night called our players (apart from Jacko and Tucky) just lazy and simply don't work hard enough.

"Hird noted that at clearances our players were still standing at the clearance point when St Kilda's had spread and were long gone. Mike Sheahan suggested Lids isn't up to the midfield, just a half back flanker Hird disagreed and said if thats the case his development has failed."

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14942581&postcount=1

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2009, 01:03:39 PM »
Just read a post on BF by True Thylacine where apparently Hird on the couch last night called our players (apart from Jacko and Tucky) just lazy and simply don't work hard enough.

"Hird noted that at clearances our players were still standing at the clearance point when St Kilda's had spread and were long gone. Mike Sheahan suggested Lids isn't up to the midfield, just a half back flanker Hird disagreed and said if thats the case his development has failed."

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14942581&postcount=1

Yep, and they also showed footage of Cotchin jogging along well behind Hayes (his opponent).  Ball comes out to Hayes who puts on a simple shimmy and leaves Cotchin standing like a third-grader.  They made the comment that Cotchin was seriously under done but it highlighted Hird's point perfectly - the players as a group don't work near hard enough.  He talked about the difference between the attitude needed to run up-field or down-field and the attitude needed to run up and down, up and down, up and down.  Running hard one-way, sometimes, is easy - running hard both ways over and over is what sorts out the good from the bad.  He wasn't even bagging the players as much as saying "here is the biggest difference".  The more I see of Hird the more I think he would make a decent coach - not that I think he is even contemplating it - but he sure speaks very knowledgeably and well.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2009, 01:39:58 PM »
Firstly, I really don't give a toss what terry thinks. I know I haven't been one to bag him like others  ;D but on this he should either shut up or if he isn't going to do that, put his hand up and take some responsibility because you did coach him for the last 4.5 years. Cant' have it both ways  :banghead

Actually think Lids is also carrying a hand injury of some sort- not an excuse, just an observation

and just to think people get upset when I and others mention foley as a trade option .... theres no way we should be trading deledio. on the other hand foley is tradeable because his disposal of the footy isnt that flash and midfielders like him are a dime a dozen. we could get a really good deal for foley.
Ramps, I agree with you. I actually siad to someone last week, that if we wanted to to get a decent pick say a late first rounder, I reckon Foley would be the bloke you'd put up as he seems to have currency in the market place
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ramps

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2009, 01:45:01 PM »
Its my understanding that Sydney like Foley and there is a fair possibility that they would cough up there first pick for foley...and that isnt a bad pick at all.

Ox

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2009, 03:46:03 PM »

imo TW is right about this and should have played him at FF himself.

i agree...but lids is a heartless pea so whats the point.?

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2009, 04:12:03 PM »
i agree...but lids is a heartless pea so whats the point.?

Well the ball hardly ever goes down there Ox so maybe Lids could listen to some boundary line 'advice' for a few weeks while he watches how hard our backline has to work because of our heartless midfield!
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine