Author Topic: "Deledio will never be an elite midfielder" - Wallace  (Read 3201 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
"Deledio will never be an elite midfielder" - Wallace
« on: June 28, 2009, 08:00:51 PM »
That's what Plough just said on SEN. Sees him more a Robert Murphy type.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: "Deledio will never be an elite midfielder" - Wallace
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 08:10:42 PM »
That's what Plough just said on SEN. Sees him more a Robert Murphy type.

why do you even waste your breath on anything this fool ever says.

what a complete and utter waste of space this wanker is
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 08:15:02 PM »
Huge call.

Wallace can go stuff himself

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 09:48:57 PM »
I heard the comment as well and I ahve to agree that centre half forward would be a fantastic position for Lids to play due to his pace on the lead, marking ability and pinpoint kicking. The problem with this at the moment though is that we need quality in the  middle and realistically, we can do with a players with Lids talents in every position on the ground.

If Lids is to play half forward we first need more quality midfielders. Perhaps instead of Butcher we need Scully/Tregrove???

Stripes

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 09:58:43 PM »
Would be nice if he used that as motivation to prove Wallace wrong

Ramps

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 10:04:08 PM »
I heard the comment as well and I ahve to agree that centre half forward would be a fantastic position for Lids to play due to his pace on the lead, marking ability and pinpoint kicking. The problem with this at the moment though is that we need quality in the  middle and realistically, we can do with a players with Lids talents in every position on the ground.

If Lids is to play half forward we first need more quality midfielders. Perhaps instead of Butcher we need Scully/Tregrove???

Stripes

Agree with Stripes ... we need just 1 kp tall forward but the rest of the picks need to be midfielders. In order to achieve that we need to trade out players that have value ... Foley has value, is a good player- but doesnt dispose the footy well enough, Thursfield is another player we could put up. Scully, Trengove, Stevens, Cunnington, Martin are all good disposers of the footy who are available in this upcoming draft.

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 10:04:09 AM »
for the first time ever wallace made a sort of right call

he is right about deledio never being an elite mid

but he is wrong he is a murphy tipe

sure deledio is faster than murphy but he is no where near as good as murphy and never will be

because deledio is lazy

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 10:46:12 AM »
Another chance to bag Wallace eh, just tell me this........ is he wrong.... no and who is responsible for yesterday... Wallace....NO. So was it Wallaces fault we are and were poo... NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 11:18:58 AM »
Another chance to bag Wallace eh, just tell me this........ is he wrong.... no and who is responsible for yesterday... Wallace....NO. So was it Wallaces fault we are and were poo... NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was TW there yesterday...........NO!!!

Lids CANNOT do it on his own. It doesnt help when under wallet for 5 years was played in about 6 different positions

is it his fault.........YES

look at all the players who played on the weekend and last night and who recruited them......YOUR BOYFRIEND WALLACE.

who has developed these players for the last 5 years......AGAIN YOUR MATE WALLET

who HASNT put these guys through a vigorous gym campaign....AGAIN YOUR MATE WALLACE.

I laugh at how skinny most of our players look and compare that say Dawes from the pies or Jack Anthony.

Wallace has set us back another 5 years. get out of that hole Perth and maybe you can see for yourself.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 12:10:52 PM »

Lids CANNOT do it on his own. It doesnt help when under wallet for 5 years was played in about 6 different positions

is it his fault.........YES

look at all the players who played on the weekend and last night and who recruited them......YOUR BOYFRIEND WALLACE.

who has developed these players for the last 5 years......AGAIN YOUR MATE WALLET

who HASNT put these guys through a vigorous gym campaign....AGAIN YOUR MATE WALLACE.

I laugh at how skinny most of our players look and compare that say Dawes from the pies or Jack Anthony.

Wallace has set us back another 5 years. get out of that hole Perth and maybe you can see for yourself.

The Perth thing again.... stuffwit, why don't you blame every coach right the way back to Northy you are an idiot.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 01:13:51 PM »

If he was going to be an elite midfielder, he would have shown it by now.

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 01:42:21 PM »

Yes he was.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 04:36:02 PM »
If a murderer kills someone and then as part of his defence says he/she should not have been out in the first place at that time. Does that make it right? Of course not.

Wallace should not be commentating on Richmond games plain and simple. I was not at the game yesterday but listened in the car on SEN and I feel that he should not be passing comment on our club when he has been responsible for the list. I was disgusted. If his new vocation is back in the media as a matter of courtesy he should not be allowed to pass comment on anything about Richmond or any game involving us until after the new permanent coach is appointed.

To say that Rawlings is the coach and he picked the team for Sunday is fair call but a cop out in this case. The players on the list have been bereft of confidence for a long time and the harsh call falls with Terry. Surely people didn't think the West Coast win wasn't going to turn things around with St Kilda Adelaide and Carlton in the following weeks.

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 07:50:22 PM »
Deledio is a better mark and a better kick than J Riewoldt and on that basis alone he should seriously be looked at for the FF position.

imo TW is right about this and should have played him at FF himself.

Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 08:59:41 AM »
Deledio is a better mark and a better kick than J Riewoldt and on that basis alone he should seriously be looked at for the FF position.

imo TW is right about this and should have played him at FF himself.

better kick yes
better mark no