Author Topic: Changes for next week against North?  (Read 2770 times)

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for next week against North?
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 01:35:24 PM »
I like your new avatar WA Tiger. But tell me,was the old one meant to be Bono or something? I never got it.  

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2009, 01:41:01 PM »
I like your new avatar WA Tiger. But tell me,was the old one meant to be Bono or something? I never got it.  

Cheers RR, yes the old one was Bono, I selected it when I joined this site it was one of the site avatars available at the time.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2009, 01:43:23 PM »
I see there are a few calls for Raines to come in.

Based on his game on Sunday at Williamstown - absolutely no way, not enough defensive pressure on his opponent, average disposal, did have 4 goals kicked against him.

But hey it's just my opnion  :thumbsup

Wouldn't he provide a bit more run out of the backline in a better side than Polo did, I think Polo has been off the money for a few weeks.

Just reading that Robbo blog again on the Hun and he actually says that Raines won't be there next year.... go figure.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2009, 03:51:35 PM »

Wouldn't he provide a bit more run out of the backline in a better side than Polo did, I think Polo has been off the money for a few weeks.

Debatable I would think. Disposal is not great and his decision making is slow, hence why he gets caught so often. His tackling on the weekend wasn't much chop either BTW

Teams have young Andrew very much worked out and know he will try and break the lines by baulking, problem is they know which way he is going to go

Just reading that Robbo blog again on the Hun and he actually says that Raines won't be there next year.... go figure.

Fair call in a way - he has trade value because the media (god bless 'em) are always talking him up. I reckon you could easlity get a 2nd rounder for him
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2009, 04:11:11 PM »
Fair call in a way - he has trade value because the media (god bless 'em) are always talking him up. I reckon you could easlity get a 2nd rounder for him

Geez I hope so, a second rounder would be an absolute steal.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2009, 04:50:52 PM »
I would be happy if we just keep playing the kids.

N. Brown can come back once he has kicked 5 for Coberg.
Unleash the tornado

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2009, 07:35:29 PM »

Geez I hope so, a second rounder would be an absolute steal.

I know I was being generous  ;D

But really the media rate Raines highly and are always pumping up his tyres - we need to use this to our advantage
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2009, 08:16:17 PM »
Well I would still like to see him play this weekend, BTW what happens if we have another Rodan situation on our hands??

"Rucks:

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2009, 08:23:52 PM »
Well I would still like to see him play this weekend, BTW what happens if we have another Rodan situation on our hands??

We throw in Schulz also since Port were so keen on him a few years back and we were so keen on holding on to our nugget and we ask for a 2nd rounder and a slab of West End or Coopers in return.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2009, 08:41:33 PM »

We throw in Schulz also since Port were so keen on him a few years back and we were so keen on holding on to our nugget and we ask for a 2nd rounder and a slab of West End or Coopers in return.

LOL, yeah sounds good TB but we couldn't give Schulz away that year to Port or anyone else, lets face it he is finished, never actually started in all honesty.

"Rucks:

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2009, 11:06:11 PM »

LOL, yeah sounds good TB but we couldn't give Schulz away that year to Port or anyone else, lets face it he is finished, never actually started in all honesty.

I believe Ports pick 28 was on the table for Schulz and the powers that be at RFC hung on to him :banghead

If Port give us a slab now lets take it and lets not look back.
In hindsight giving pick 19 for McMahon as bad as that was would have been compensated slightly had we had pick 28 and that kid was playing senior footy now. :banghead

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2009, 11:25:30 PM »

I believe Ports pick 28 was on the table for Schulz and the powers that be at RFC hung on to him :banghead

If Port give us a slab now lets take it and lets not look back.
In hindsight giving pick 19 for McMahon as bad as that was would have been compensated slightly had we had pick 28 and that kid was playing senior footy now. :banghead

So who did they get at pick 28??

"Rucks:

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2009, 09:16:50 AM »
Out: Moore (inj), Cousins (flu)
In: Silvester, Thomson

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2009, 12:37:45 PM »
So who did they get at pick 28??

It may have been Marlon Motlop in the 2007 draft

Way to early to call on him only playing five matches but he has a good surname.

Player Totals
Player          MT K  Avg H Avg D  Avg  M Avg HO Avg T Avg FF FA G Avg B SC Rat Avg
Marlon Motlop 5 37 7.4 30 6    67 13.4 15 3    0 0      6 1.2  2  3    2 0.4 2 14 247 49.4
Totals           5 37 7.4 30 6    67 13.4 15 3    0 0      6 1.2  2  3    2 0.4 2 14 247 49.4

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2009, 12:39:50 PM »
Out: Moore (inj), Cousins (flu)
In: Silvester, Thomson

WTF Cousins.... when??

"Rucks: