Author Topic: "If I was Nathan Buckley I would take on the biggest sleeper in the AFL" Hird  (Read 3239 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
And that sleeper is Richmond.
He said it 3 times and unusually was not probed as to why by either Gerald or Mike.

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
A bit of a report would be great Y&B as our Foxtel has been cut off today and we won't have it reconnected until we move down next week... :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
A bit of a report would be great Y&B as our Foxtel has been cut off today and we won't have it reconnected until we move down next week... :thumbsup

I won't bore you with the crap about renewing Mick Malthouse's contract at Collingwood or Eddie McGuire's unhealthy desire to keep Mick and Bucks.

But that was the topic being discussed and pretty much out of the blue Hird just says "Bucks should coach Richmond". Then more discussion about the contract and Bucks, then Hird says it again.

Then talk about Sheedy and Kangas and finally Hird again says the thread topic.

Each time, no query from Gerald and Mike so there is really not much more I can add.

A bit different to Robert Walls. Maybe the younger generation of ex-footballers can see something the blinded, old, beyond it losers cannot.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame

I won't bore you with the crap about renewing Mick Malthouse's contract at Collingwood or Eddie McGuire's unhealthy desire to keep Mick and Bucks.

But that was the topic being discussed and pretty much out of the blue Hird just says "Bucks should coach Richmond". Then more discussion about the contract and Bucks, then Hird says it again.

Each time, no query from Gerald and Mike so there is really not much more I can add.

A bit different to Robert Walls. Maybe the younger generation of ex-footballers can see something the blinded, old, beyond it losers cannot.

Cheers mate, well lets hope Buckley is watching the show, I am starting to think that maybe Buckley wants to go out on his own at another club other than the Pies. I know he said that as an option he could go to the Pies as an assisstant under MM but I think he has the confidence to go out by himself straight up.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame

Why doesnt Hird then put his hand up. If you like Buckley for the job, you'd want Hird for the same reasons!

Ramps

Hird should put his own hand up for the job. Would become a great coach in an era where younger players think alot differently to there predecessors.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
It was actually quite funny how 'matter of fact' the comment was - he just slipped it in to the discussion, no fanfare or big announcement.  Made you think "that's what he really thinks".  And Mike and Gerard never said a thing, just let it go through to the keeper.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
Let's hope the sleeper comes out of its coma.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
It was actually quite funny how 'matter of fact' the comment was - he just slipped it in to the discussion, no fanfare or big announcement.  Made you think "that's what he really thinks".  And Mike and Gerard never said a thing, just let it go through to the keeper.

It was unbelievable. Almost like it wasn't part of the script so they chose to ignore it
It's that simple Spud

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

Cheers mate, well lets hope Buckley is watching the show, I am starting to think that maybe Buckley wants to go out on his own at another club other than the Pies. I know he said that as an option he could go to the Pies as an assisstant under MM but I think he has the confidence to go out by himself straight up.

forget it MOVE ON.

Just like this romance that Tommy Hawkins will be up for grabs end of season it aint gonna happen.

HE AINT GOT THE GONADS FOR OUR JOB. I WISH I WERE WRONG BUT I AM NOT, IN FACT IM JUST ABOUT SURE OF IT.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Bucks is just waiting for an assistant coaches role to pop up and he will welcome it with open arms.

All other assistant coach know it may be their last chance but bucks knows if it aint Tigers or North then it will be someone else.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Well Daniel I will remain a little more pessimistic than you, if Buckley goes through the process, proves he fits our club and is selected and agrees to the role I will welcome him in. I hope it happens!!!!

"Rucks:

Offline wayne again

• Jack Dyer medallist
Hird would be a better coach than Buckley hands down.
Buckley has showed no interest in coaching Richmond, so bugger off.
If Hird was to say he would coach Richmond we should grab him. The tigers need to find out his future plans.

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
Hird would be a better coach than Buckley hands down.
Buckley has showed no interest in coaching Richmond, so bugger off.
If Hird was to say he would coach Richmond we should grab him. The tigers need to find out his future plans.

not so sure about ur points
i rated hird a better player than bux, but i reckon based on their special comments, that buckley is way in front of hird as a coach

and what makes you think buckley dosnt want our job, same say he already has it

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
Could there be a Buckley Hird tag team as coach????