Author Topic: Wayne Campbell drops out of Richmond coaching race  (Read 3847 times)

bucks10

Re: Wayne Campbell drops out of Richmond coaching race
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2009, 12:37:39 PM »
Wrapped with the reactions on the forum.

Good on ya Wayne.

Senior Coach:
Nathan Buckley

Assistants:
Wayne Campbell
Jade Rawlings
James Hird
Craig McCrae

I can only hope lol.

Good call.
Bucks and Wayne are good mates
problem is that March is hell bent at looking at Mick and Leigh

I didnt think March has anything to do with the process until such time that the committee puts the selected names to the board for recommendation.  Dont tell me Jack that March is lying to us all?????

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2009, 12:45:41 PM »
Wrapped with the reactions on the forum.

Good on ya Wayne.

Senior Coach:
Nathan Buckley

Assistants:
Wayne Campbell
Jade Rawlings
James Hird
Craig McCrae

I can only hope lol.

you got more chance of Jack going out on a date with Moi than that of ever happening.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2009, 01:00:13 PM »

I was wrong about Campbell, the fact that he understands his shortcomings makes him a true pro in my book :thumbsup

Is there zero chance that people in higher places gave Campbell the chance to save face here?

If it was Campbell's decision then well done to him. It would be nice if he was considered, and considered good enough, to continue his role as an assistant.

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2009, 01:27:45 PM »

I was wrong about Campbell, the fact that he understands his shortcomings makes him a true pro in my book :thumbsup

Is there zero chance that people in higher places gave Campbell the chance to save face here?

If it was Campbell's decision then well done to him. It would be nice if he was considered, and considered good enough, to continue his role as an assistant.

And fraudsters like Jack think you need to be an insider to figure out what's going on.

Just commense sense will get you there.

Good post  :thumbsup 

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2009, 02:01:01 PM »
I'll be honest I never wanted Campbell as coach as I felt he had not done the appropriate apprenticeship.

However he has recognised this and forfeited his application to the job and shown some guts. I can only hope that he continues to serve his apprenticeship whether at Punt Rd or elsewhere and one day he will have the experience for a senior coaching job.

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2009, 09:37:08 PM »
perhaps he didnt make the next round of the "PROCESS". :lol

Offline HD

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2009, 03:41:13 PM »
Campbell pulls out of running
Campbell is the second favourite son to withdraw from the Tigers coaching process in days after Kevin Sheedy pulled out at the weekend. Campbell's decision has none of the resentment that accompanied Sheedy's.

Say what you like about Campbell but he did this the right way. I doubt he would've ever got the senior job but at least he didn't pull a Sheedy and say "Well if you don't want me you can stick it!"

Give it 6 months - Sheedy will be on the first train outta Richmond and he'll be the next KB, holding a grudge against Richmond for no reason other than a sting in his own ego!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2009, 08:09:27 PM »
Good on Cambo for putting the club first and wanting to gain more experience first. At the very least it shows he is willing to made the hard calls even on himself.

Not the RFC's fault but you can see in two years time if we haven't made the finals despite a young developing list, the media will make a big deal about Cambo being a coach in waiting  ::).

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Cambo's growing family helps tip scales (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2009, 02:38:15 AM »
From the Herald-Sun....

Growing family helps tip scales
By Chris de Kretser and Daryl Timms
Thurs 16 JUL 2009, Page 81

THE impending arrival of a baby could have helped prompt Wayne Campbell to pull out of the running for the Richmond coaching job.

Campbell and his wife Sarah are expecting their second child in about four weeks.

With two young children, Campbell, 36, might have felt he couldn't devote his full attention to coaching.

In announcing his withdrawal on Tuesday, Campbell said he was not quite ready to take on the senior coaching role.

"I reckon I'm about 80 per cent, and that's nowhere near enough,'' he said. "It's just such a full-on job.''

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2009, 09:38:40 AM »
Does he have a boy for the father son rule yet?? Damn Hird has given the bombers 3!  ;)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2009, 02:48:53 PM »
Wright on Cambo .....

What is certain is that former club great and current assistant coach Wayne Campbell won't be part of that group after pulling out of the interview process.

Campbell was considered a warm favourite to win the job before his shock withdrawal, but Wright said there was no disappointment at his decision behind the scenes. 

"If he felt that he probably needed a little bit more time then that's a matter for him. I think it's a mark of the man," he said.

"There's no point in putting your hand up if you don't think you're ready and Wayne, give him credit, in his view thought that it wasn’t the right time for him.

"He's working with the club and he's a really, really good assistant coach who is great around the facility. I think it's the mark of the man that he put the club first."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/80851/default.aspx

Ramps

« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2009, 03:49:34 PM »
Campbell went up lots in the estimations of many. To be honest I reckon this act has guaranteed him a coaching gig sometime into the future. Good move from campbo.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2009, 06:03:55 PM »
Campbell went up lots in the estimations of many. To be honest I reckon this act has guaranteed him a coaching gig sometime into the future. Good move from campbo.

Agree Ramps.  Very shrewdly he has managed to mark his CV with a "Ready" stamp when the job he really covets is available.  And that could still very well be Richmond in a few years.