Author Topic: WALLACE BOMBSHELL - He coached to snag Cotchin  (Read 3015 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: WALLACE BOMBSHELL - He coached to snag Cotchin
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 01:36:14 PM »
Whats next Andy D......global warming is a myth.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 01:50:09 PM »
Yes it is.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 02:25:53 PM »
and to think some of you on here appluaded this guy and asked for his contract renewal as early as last year.

TERRY IS THE SCUM OF THE EARTH

why anyone would come out and make comments about their old club is beyond me.

what a stuffin loser
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 02:55:23 PM by one-eyed »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Newman admits priority picks need review (RFC)
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2009, 02:57:21 PM »
Newman admits priority picks need review
richmondfc.com.au
By Jason Phelan Wed 22 July, 2009

RICHMOND captain Chris Newman has given cautious support to calls for a review of the priority pick system following the sensational claims made by former coach Terry Wallace on Wednesday.

Wallace made headlines when he revealed he had coached the round 22 match of the 2007 season against St Kilda with an eye on securing the pick that allowed the club to recruit young gun Trent Cotchin.

The Tigers lost the match by 10 points after leading by three at three-quarter time.

"I guess it needs to be looked at, but I think the idea behind it is genuine in making sure that the competition is as even as possible," Newman said.

"Every team and every player wants to go out and win. There's no way that you could possibly say to a player, 'Miss this goal or drop that mark'."

Newman's own recollections of the match in which he secured three Brownlow votes were vague and he admitted his disappointment in Wallace's comments.

"What Terry said is up to Terry and you'd probably have to ask him why that occurred," he said when asked why he spent the last eight minutes of that game on the bench.

"I'm not angry about it but probably a bit more disappointed. I'm not sure where Terry was coming from with that."

More to follow...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/81164/default.aspx

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2009, 03:30:48 PM »
I find it laughable that TW would think any such move would have made a modicum of difference to the result...since when :whistle
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2009, 03:52:22 PM »
and to think some of you on here appluaded this guy and asked for his contract renewal as early as last year.

TERRY IS THE SCUM OF THE EARTH

why anyone would come out and make comments about their old club is beyond me.

what a effin loser

Even as a Terry hater Daniel, you cant honestly think what he said was wrong? How? He only said out loud what everyone else only gossips and whispers about, its more a comment about the system than Richmond, and hopefully some good will come of it. I personally think he did the right thing, someone had to, and trust me, there are worse people than Terry around so he is hardly the "SCUM OF THE EARTH" Bit dramatic that, do you write for Home and Aaway?

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2009, 04:54:39 PM »
It hasn't been a great week for Andy D, has it?

The key planks of the AFL’s equalisation policies are the salary cap and the draft system. 

We've had the artilcles about Judd's Visy payments not being quite as above board as the AFL has made out and now we have the tanking debate in full swing with tidbits from TW and a response from Chris Newman.

It seems that there is equilisation and equilisation - not all teams are as "equalised" as others.  The Blues got their priority picks and Judd and apparently have "plenty of room" in their salary cap for anyone else they want to target.  West Coast is obviously just as bad a basket case as Melbourne, three years after winning a premiership ....

Andy D has a bit more convincing to do, I reckon.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2009, 05:10:12 PM »
Good on TW for saying what everybody knows but will not say.  :clapping
So to the anti tankers, (WP that means you) does it make some sense to lose games when we recieve a superstar like Cotch for doing so? And Rance.
To those who still say no, take your medication.  :lol
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 05:35:27 PM by big tone »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2009, 05:31:43 PM »
Wallace coming up on SEN after 6pm tonight.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Wallace on SEN at 6pm
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2009, 06:23:57 PM »
Summary of Wallace on SEN with Francis and Ox

* Plough says it's all a beat up to be honest.

* Leading up to that game he mentioned the difficulty he was under and copped flack after the game yet 2 years later we are still talking about the same problem.

* We had a good side on the day and hadn't put anyone away for surgery or anything like that. The Saints had Dal Santo, Hayes, etc so they have a very good side on the park. We were 6 goals down and we fought back.

* We thought if we made any moves we'd be under scruting no matter what we did so we decided to just let them play.

* We didn't do anything up and above what we'd normally do in terms of the team structure. We didn't move Browny say out of the forward line.

* Francis said well you could be scrutinized for not doing anything. Plough replied well does that scrutiny from what we did or from the situation we were put under. Francis agreed it's the latter and said he doesn't blame clubs doing what is in the best interests of themselves.

* Plough said the performance of Richmond on that day would've beaten Carlton and Melbourne who played the following day by 12 goals.

* We as coaches had very little impact in being 6 goals down, and very little impact in fighting back to get in front, and very little impact in St Kilda kicking the last 2 goals.

* The result wasn't surprising. St Kilda were sitting ninth having just missed the finals and we were second last. It would have been a huge turn-up if we had got up to win.

* Terry felt he wasn't misrepresented by the article today. If you put the two articles together you get what he said and it provides discussion for you guys in the media.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2009, 06:35:47 PM »
Pointless getting Cotchin when you then give up an early pick for McMahon. :banghead
Whats does need reviewing isnt the tanking issue but who does the recruiting and trading of draft pick at Punt Road :banghead :banghead :banghead

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2009, 07:04:56 PM »
What I find more galling from the dried sultana is he sits there and talks about how he felt compromised in rd 22 2007 and did not coach yet he still systematically named a side that had every "older" player available to him bar the injured Simmonds instead of playing all the kids as a normal coach who was tanking would building for the future.
Flippant to say the least and has shown how far off the mark he actually was.

In 4.5 years he didn't coach in one game and we lost by 10 points and should have won yet for the remainder of the games we were getting flogged for the most part. If he is telling the truth there it just goes to show that the players were lost with the game style he was trying to implement and get the players to adopt.

The man has shown no class and no integrity. The ego has got a boosting.
Stay tuned for the next installment of So you think you've got an ego when Terry will explain why he won't reveal the issues regarding the alledged player split in Mid May but will reveal why he said what he said today. :whistle

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2009, 07:12:03 PM »
One-Eyed, do me a favour and stop posting Terry Wallace articles! Im sick of the well rehearsed, repetitive responses it evokes! Tucker, you said Tw never coached a game in 4 1/2 years? Well what about the win against the crows after a 100 point plus flogging the week before?
Can we dispense with usual bagging of Wallace? He is gone now and you cant expeect him not to make a comment about his time at richmond if he is asked!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2009, 07:14:53 PM »
Newy got the 3 Brownlow votes and had the most possessions on the ground (32) which is why the media questioned him today.

Pointless getting Cotchin when you then give up an early pick for McMahon. :banghead
Whats does need reviewing isnt the tanking issue but who does the recruiting and trading of draft pick at Punt Road :banghead :banghead :banghead
Well just one of the reasons why Plough got the flick. Yep we should have got Cotch, Rance and Scott Selwood out of it.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd