Author Topic: Tigers back on the track  (Read 7556 times)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tigers back on the track
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2004, 10:35:34 AM »
I was a bit the same way H Tiger.  Not really sure what it means, but I suppose with the amount of footy Cogs played last year and the type of injury, TW probably didn’t think he would be at the level of fitness has now.  He didn’t really say too much else, other than they’re taking it slowly with him.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2004, 11:41:30 AM »
Cogs shouldn't play until he's 100%.  He must get this OP right.  I can't understand why he was played at all last year when he had such a condition. (Actually I can understand - it's frawley and his merry band of assistants we are talking about here).
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2004, 03:03:52 PM »
It's worrying that Cogs' groin problem has now lingered on this long. Good to hear his fitness is at a good level but like HT and TS said that doesn't mean much. If Terry says they need to  take things slowly with Cogs then it sounds like Cogs' situation hasn't changed for the better  :(. If we can't get a full pre-season into him then he'll struggle to reach his full potential (2003 form).

As for Spud and co playing Cogs this year  :banghead. We were told his groin condition needed game time to improve  :banghead.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2004, 03:20:10 PM »
MT, Clearly this -> :banghead was the best investment for OER this year. It sums up our collective thoughts on the Frawley regime so well.

Hopefully, in the years to come, we will use this ->  :cheers a lot more, and even throw in the occasional  :bow when discussing the Wallace era.  :rollin

As far as Cogs is concerned, let's just hope that the new coaching team can get him right... reports I've heard seem to suggest he will be good.  :thumbsup
« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 03:23:54 PM by Fwoy3 »
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2004, 03:31:37 PM »
MT, Clearly this -> :banghead was the best investment for OER this year. It sums up our collective thoughts on the Frawley regime so well.

Hopefully, in the years to come, we will use this ->  :cheers a lot more, and even throw in the occasional  :bow when discussing the Wallace era.  :rollin

;D  :lol  :rollin  :thumbsup  :cheers @ fwoy

I'd reckon  :banghead will still come in handy next year as contractual agreements "saved" some of our duds from the axe.

Hope your "sauces"  ;D are right about Cogs fwoy.

Offline H Tiger

• Premiership Captain
  • Tigers the biggest hunter
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2004, 03:57:31 PM »
If we can't get a full pre-season into him then he'll struggle to reach his full potential (2003 form).

I think he is a potencial superstar.

Meaning I think he could be better than 2003 form. I saw as leading us out of the mire that we have been in toward the holy-land (which admittedly for me is only competition respectibility).

I hope I am just a worrier, but I am not happy about the current situation. A year out already (and not training currently) is a real problem  :-\ hope I'm wrong tiger fans.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2004, 09:36:37 PM »
I think he is a potencial superstar.

Meaning I think he could be better than 2003 form. I saw as leading us out of the mire that we have been in toward the holy-land (which admittedly for me is only competition respectibility).

I see Cogs as someone who can be consistently good and reliable each week like a Ratten. Nothing flashy but does his job better than most in the comp. Right now I'd be more than happy to see him on the park in 2005 playing like he was in 2003 (B&F form) rather than shadow of himself we saw in 2004 when playing carrying this groin/pelvic complaint :banghead. I'm with you HT - it's a worry  :-\.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2004, 12:55:32 PM »
Short training report from today.  The session had been going a while when I arrived .  Two groups of players again.  With Johnson still just doing running work.

One group, which seems to be on reduced workloads, worked on reflexes and reaction times.  With the footy being directed at players, in no particular order.  Notable was a “Schweppes classic catch”, as one of them called it, taken by Gas.  :thumbsup  This group consisted of Stafford, Hartigan, Hilton, Gaspar, Kellayway, plus a few others.  McKee was also in this group.

The main group did some rebounding out of defence work.  Judging by a couple of Daniel Jackson’s straight runs and kicks out of defence, he could prove a real find and play a defensive role well.  Simmonds took a nice mark and looks an imposing figure.

Players like Roach, Raines, Rodan and Pettifer seemed to feature regularly.  Rodan seems to be regaining some confidence.

The emphasis seems to be on improving and developing skills and getting it right, by repetition, as well as building players’ confidence levels.

Bulluss

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2004, 01:05:46 PM »
Thanks for that Tiger Spirit.

Agree on Simmonds, he is one big unit and can move also. Unlike Ottens who would just plod along.

Simmonds has really developed since leaving Melbourne and we tend to not take as much notice of players who play over in the west. I think many Tiger supporters will be very pleasantly surprised by his output.

Jackson is also going to be a very handy player next season.

Once again their is an air of optimism at Punt Road.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2004, 01:11:09 PM »
thanks for that.

has anyone got a list of upcoming training sessions
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2004, 01:18:50 PM »
Will have to make the most of things now, because the centre is roped off, so the whole of the ground obviously cannot be used.  Once the cricket season rolls around, I doubt it will be long before there won't be any, or much, footy training there.

Harry, the Richmond website has been posting the training times, but they're only posted a week at a time.  There is another session at Vic Park, 10.30am this Friday.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2004, 01:41:42 PM »
Thanks for the training report TS :cheers. Good to hear the young blokes are again prominent. Any sign of Cogs TS?

Isn't it a relief to finally have a coach who knows what he is doing  :thumbsup. The more skill sessions enhanced via repetitive drills the better  :).

With the Punt Rd Oval square roped off I'd presume that's why we are also training at Vic Park. Harry as TS said the training times are posted on the RFC site -> club activities -> training times. The past few weeks training has been on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2004, 02:04:00 PM »
No sign of Cogs MT.  I know how keen people are to know how he is going, so any sign of him would be one of the first things mentioned. :thumbsup  Whether he was out there before or after I left I don't know, but I doubt it. :(

Would be good to be there for longer than a few minutes, to see some of the other training drills, but that's about as much as I can get to see, at that time of the day.

Having the middle of the ground roped off wouldn't help with some of the training drills. So, as they've done in other years, at this time of the year, they usually train all over the place, except Punt Road Oval, most of the time.  Which is good for others who can then get to see them train too.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2004, 03:06:32 PM »
No sign of Cogs MT.  I know how keen people are to know how he is going, so any sign of him would be one of the first things mentioned. :thumbsup   

Just asking in case like some other of our female posters a shirtless Richo was distracting  ;D.

Bulluss

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2004, 03:16:51 PM »
Terry was on SEN in the morning a couple of days ago and i someone rang up and asked about Cogs.

Terry said that Cogs was one person who has really impressed him. Terry was very surprised at the shape that Cogs was in and said it was a real credit to him that he has been able to keep himself in such good shape while having the injury.

In regards to him training, Terry said that he would be taking it easy until after X-mas and then let him jump into it. His groin injury will still have to be monitored though.

Lets hope he can make a full return next season.