Author Topic: And then there were 5 + 1 for the Job  (Read 8351 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: And then there were 5 + 1 for the Job
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2009, 07:24:57 PM »
Mail around town is that Mark Neeld interviewed extremely well. ;)

But he wasn't on the list that started this thread  ;D

Whispers on 3aw says Hardwick was seen getting off a plane after spending the day with Port coach Mark Williams.

and that means what? whats the context of it?

Ramps with whispers it means exactly what it says - he spent the day at Port

Blind Freddie can see that Port would love to have Hardwick back and if they can find a a successor ala what the Pies ar etyring to do with Malthouse & Bucks they'll do it

My advice for Damien ... do what's best for yourself  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Lions assistant Fletcher wants top Tigers job
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2009, 08:37:39 PM »
BRISBANE Lions assistant coach Adrian Fletcher wants to coach Richmond next season.

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=82070
Didn't Fletcher miss the cut?  ???
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2009, 09:16:57 PM »

Whispers on 3aw says Hardwick was seen getting off a plane after spending the day with Port coach Mark Williams.

Blind Freddie can see that Port would love to have Hardwick back and if they can find a a successor ala what the Pies ar etyring to do with Malthouse & Bucks they'll do it

a) Cant help bad luck :lol
b) My advice for Damien, dont listen to WP, WP doesnt want you at Richmond  :lol

;D :cheers

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Lions assistant Fletcher wants top Tigers job
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2009, 09:25:59 PM »
While there are at least two coaching vacancies at North Melbourne and Richmond, Fletcher says the Tigers' role is top of his wish list.
http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=82070

Seems to be the general trend.  :thumbsup

Nah, couldn't be.  We're the ones with the worst list that needs a complete rebuild aren't we?  Surely all those media pundits can't be wrong.

we're miles ahead of north melbourne

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2009, 09:27:54 PM »

since hawthorn just played port in adeliade over the weekend, it's not unreasonable to see hardwick catch up with mark williams.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2009, 09:47:43 PM »
I hope that ;) is a joke as I've heard the complete opposite

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2009, 09:48:35 PM »
b) My advice for Damien, dont listen to WP, WP doesnt want you at Richmond  :lol

;D :cheers

;D

Not so Ramps - he just isn't my first choice he's around my 3rd  :thumbsup ;D

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2009, 10:31:11 PM »
Heard Hardwick is leading the pack at this stage - belive it or not, I care not, but i hope we get him if he lives up to his reputation and proves to be the best for the club.

I wouldnt belive most rumours at this stage because you will might find 80% are BS

Jackstar is back

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2009, 11:04:36 PM »

;)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2009, 11:21:46 PM »
;)
Should I be taking that as a sarcastic wink.   ;D
EAT EM ALIVE!

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hardwick holds coaching trump (Age)
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2009, 11:28:15 PM »
Hardwick holds coaching trump
Rohan Connolly and Jake Niall | August 7, 2009

HAWTHORN assistant coach Damien Hardwick could hold the key to the Richmond and North Melbourne coaching jobs.

The dual premiership player is a leading candidate for both positions, but is believed to hold a preference for Punt Road at this stage, because the Tigers have the advantage of being further advanced in their search for a coach and in their dealings with him.

North may have to decide whether to sit and wait to see if Hardwick wins the Richmond job or pursue only other candidates. The Roos have Hardwick lined up for an interview next week.

Richmond expects to move to a second stage of interviews next week, with Hardwick, caretaker coach Jade Rawlings, Essendon assistant Alan Richardson, Geelong assistant Ken Hinkley and Collingwood assistant Brad Scott having impressed the club's coaching sub-committee with their initial interviews and thus moving to the next phase.

North Melbourne is still finalising its initial list of candidates, with Hardwick, a former Kangaroos under-19s player, caretaker coach Darren Crocker and Sydney assistant John Longmire to be interviewed next week.

While that trio are the only confirmed candidates for interviews with the Roos, Scott and Hinkley, among others, could be added to the list.

But former Kangaroo premiership players David King and John Blakey have pulled out of the race, telling the club they would not be pursuing the senior position.

Richmond has informed four assistant coaches who were candidates - Bulldogs assistant Leon Cameron, Brisbane Lions Justin Leppitsch, Collingwood's Mark Neeld and North Melbourne's Anthony Rock - that they are out of the running.

King, who had already declared he was a non-starter for the Richmond job, said last night he would pursue other assistant coaching roles before attempting to win a senior post. He conceded that being an assistant with Richmond during the past five years had probably damaged his senior job prospects given the club's lack of success.

"I think five years experience as an assistant is enough to go for the gig, but I think when you see that it's been largely unsuccessful with Richmond, I'm probably going to need to get to other clubs and get some more experience," he said.

"When you're comparing CVs, my five years experience at Richmond doesn't help. It probably gives others an advantage. It's very difficult to compare assistant coaches, and on a CV you can only compare the success of those teams.

"I've learnt an enormous amount in five years, which I still think will hold me in good stead, and I still think there will be plenty of opportunity to put my hand up for senior jobs. I'm just going to wait and see what falls."

Richmond will complete its first round of interviews over the next few days. The Tigers will speak to West Coast assistant coach Peter Sumich and Brisbane Lions assistant Adrian Fletcher today, and expect to interview former North Melbourne coach Dean Laidley early next week.

Laidley has only recently returned from a holiday after resigning the North Melbourne job two months ago.

The Kangaroos panel for the interview process will comprise chief executive Eugene Arocca, football manager Donald McDonald and board members Ron Joseph and Trevor O'Hoy.

Arocca said last week that the club hoped to announce the new coach within a month.

Hardwick has also been contacted by Port Adelaide, which wanted to sound him out about serving as understudy to Mark Williams and taking over the senior coaching position at Alberton once Williams completed his two-year contract extension - a Collingwood-like arrangement for which the Power also sought out former Essendon star James Hird.

RICHMOND

In:
Damien Hardwick
Jade Rawlings
Alan Richardson
Ken Hinkley
Brad Scott

Maybe:
Peter Sumich
Adrian Fletcher
Dean Laidley

Out:
Leon Cameron
Justin Leppitsch
Mark Neeld
Anthony Rock

NORTH MELBOURNE

In:
Damien Hardwick
Darren Crocker
John Longmire

Maybe:
Brad Scott
Ken Hinkley

Out:
David King
John Blakey

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/the-main-man/2009/08/06/1249350637614.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Hardwick holds coaching trump (Age)
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2009, 12:12:01 AM »
RICHMOND

In:
Damien Hardwick
Jade Rawlings
Alan Richardson
Ken Hinkley
Brad Scott

Maybe:
Peter Sumich
Adrian Fletcher
Dean Laidley

Out:
Leon Cameron
Justin Leppitsch
Mark Neeld
Anthony Rock
So Leon Cameron is really out. Probably the only surprise "name" to not go through. Rohan and Niall or Hutchy wrong on Leppitsch. You'd believe the former two to be right before Hutchy. Ramps will be happy Hardwick prefers Punt Rd at this stage.

Craig Cameron apparently said on Sunday on radio that Rawlings, Hardwick, Hinkley and 3 others were in. So two of the other three must be Richardson and Brad Scott. The media still uncertain who exactly is the sixth one?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond, Roos in advanced stages of recruiting coach (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2009, 04:23:18 AM »
Richmond, Roos in advanced stages of recruiting coach
Mike Sheahan | August 07, 2009

RICHMOND'S coaching sub-committee will complete first-round interviews today when it meets Peter Sumich and Adrian Fletcher. Sumich, the long-time West Coast assistant, and Fletcher (Brisbane Lions) are hoping to join at least four hopefuls assured of a second hearing.

Caretaker Jade Rawlings and senior assistants at other clubs, Damien Hardwick (Hawthorn), Ken Hinkley (Geelong) and Alan Richardson (Essendon), are through to the next round.

The Tigers are understood to have interviewed up to 10 applicants, with Sumich, Fletcher and, perhaps, former North Melbourne coach Dean Laidley still to come.

North Melbourne also is advanced in its search for a successor to Laidley.

The Roos are believed to have six or seven contenders.

They are headed by caretaker Darren Crocker, long-time Sydney assistant and North premiership player John Longmire, Hardwick and Collingwood assistant and Brisbane Lions premiership player Brad Scott.

The status of senior hopefuls Leon Cameron (Western Bulldogs) and Justin Leppitsch (Brisbane Lions) in the broad coaching mix is not known.

Hardwick is a strong contender for both vacancies, given his perfect pedigree -- premierships as a player at Essendon and Port Adelaide and as an assistant coach at Hawthorn.

Hinkley has the experience plus his senior status at Geelong, the most successful club of the past three years.

Richardson has a low profile, but he has his admirers, particularly at Punt Rd, as an acknowledged development coach at Collingwood, the Bulldogs and now Essendon.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25893779-19742,00.html

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Hardwick holds coaching trump (Age)
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2009, 05:57:18 AM »

Craig Cameron apparently said on Sunday on radio that Rawlings, Hardwick, Hinkley and 3 others were in. So two of the other three must be Richardson and Brad Scott. The media still uncertain who exactly is the sixth one?

Might be Laidley - he is already through to the next round and they might have been counting him.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2009, 06:44:18 AM »
It's all very interesting  ;D

None of the media seem to have a clue  :rollin