Author Topic: Caro and Healy on 3aw - we may know new coach in a week; Richardson firming  (Read 3547 times)

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland

What about Peter Sumich?

Think long and hard before you answer.

I'm so glad Peter Sumich is out of the running. He was one of the worst, most unreliable kicks in history (old hook foot I used to call him in his playing days.) If he'd had any hands-on work with our players, he'd have turned them into worse deliverers and finishers of the footy than they already are now. Incidentally, I still hold him personally responsible for the Mudpies winning the 1990 flag. He had the chance to put them in mothballs with a fairly simple shot for goal in an Elimination or Semi Final (can someone clarify this??) and fluffed it. Unforgiveable.     
[/quote]

Now there is a true Richmomnd supporter. Holding a grudge against a bloke because if he kicked straight the scum would have missed another premiership.

Respect  :thumbsup

:cheers

Ramps

My sauces or sources tell me that a HUGE BOMBSHELL could be looming on this issue :gotigers

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
My sauces or sources tell me that a HUGE BOMBSHELL could be looming on this issue :gotigers

Cmon ramps, no one else holds back around here, give us more info than that./  ;D
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame

What have you hird?

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia

The emoticon you've used suggests it's news that is pleasing to you.

C'mon Ramps, just tell us.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
What have you hird?

LOL

Are you serious Foofoo?

I'd love to have him at Tigerland. 
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
What have you hird?

LOL

Are you serious Foofoo?

I'd love to have him at Tigerland. 

Sorry, just a wild guess. It was his article in the Herald Sun telling Bucks to take on the Richmond job that set me thinking tho... :-\

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
Sorry, just a wild guess. It was his article in the Herald Sun telling Bucks to take on the Richmond job that set me thinking tho... :-\

The article had the same effect on me too.
It's like being at a nightclub and encouraging your ugly mate to have a crack at the hot chick over by the bar.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline Footy Brain.

• Tiger Rookie

What about Peter Sumich?

Think long and hard before you answer.

I'm so glad Peter Sumich is out of the running. He was one of the worst, most unreliable kicks in history (old hook foot I used to call him in his playing days.) If he'd had any hands-on work with our players, he'd have turned them into worse deliverers and finishers of the footy than they already are now. Incidentally, I still hold him personally responsible for the Mudpies winning the 1990 flag. He had the chance to put them in mothballs with a fairly simple shot for goal in an Elimination or Semi Final (can someone clarify this??) and fluffed it. Unforgiveable.     
[/quote]

Two time premiership player, and was in the box alongside John Worsfold when the Eagles won their last trophy. Knows the game inside out, and clearly has the experience and knowledge to be very successful.
In any case, he's now out of the Richmond race, but the criteria you use to judge Sumich as a coach is amusing to say the least.

His "hands on" work somehow didn't screw the Eagles playing group up. 

That old hook foot bagged 111 goals in 1991 and was instrumental with the Eagles success. I could rant on about Richo and his boot. But i wont. We all love him.

Peter Sumich
http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/players/P/Peter_Sumich.html

Tigermonk

Richo 282 games 800 goals / 551 behinds

Sumich 150 games 514 goals / 354 behinds

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!

What have you hird?
That's funny! Clever play on words.  :clapping

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame

The article had the same effect on me too.
It's like being at a nightclub and encouraging your ugly mate to have a crack at the hot chick over by the bar.

Lol, yeah, tho in this case it is more like encouraging your handsome mate to have a crack at the ugly chick in the dunny.  ;D

Ramps

What have you hird?

Hopefully the source hasnt been on the sauce. If its true then irrespective of what has been written here on these boards over the last 2 weeks, irrespective of which candidate you think should get the job we should all be on board if this gets up. It would be another great Coup for our club.

And no I do not consider any of the 4 candidates currently being named as being a Huge coup.

As I said its just a rumour. I dont want to say more coz It may or may not be bulldust. Hopefully its true. It would be fantastic for our club IMHO.

richmondrules

What have you hird?

Hopefully the source hasnt been on the sauce. If its true then irrespective of what has been written here on these boards over the last 2 weeks, irrespective of which candidate you think should get the job we should all be on board if this gets up. It would be another great Coup for our club.

And no I do not consider any of the 4 candidates currently being named as being a Huge coup.

As I said its just a rumour. I dont want to say more coz It may or may not be bulldust. Hopefully its true. It would be fantastic for our club IMHO.

If it is true it has Sheedy written all over it.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Hmm, something like a Leigh Matthews??

After just hearing on SEN about the Swans having some important announcements...

Paul Roos?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 03:14:52 PM by wayne »
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do