Author Topic: Caro and Healy on 3aw - we may know new coach in a week; Richardson firming  (Read 3546 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Summary on 3aw tonight with Caro, Healy and Russell....

* Healy said 2 weeks ago Jade would have been one of the favourites but the last 2 weeks would've hurt his chances. Caro replied that's why she's said all along that Jade was never one of the favourites.

* Healy thinks Hardwick would be favourite now. Caro was hesistant about his favouritism.

* Caro said heard Ken Hinkley was pretty impressive in his interview. Alan Richardson the sleeper unsung performer due to his low profile in the media

* Timeframe - Caro said she wouldn't be surprised ifthis time next week (Tuesday night) we'll know who the new coach at Richmond is.

* Whispers has Rawlings "no", Richardson "firming".

* Knights was impressed by Richardson (then Coburg coach) when Spud dropped him. Knights as coach then tried to get him to Essendon but Richardson wanted to remain loyal to Collingwood where at the time he was assistant coach. The loyalty factor impressed Knighter even more and so when the contract ended he convinced Richardson to join Essendon as Knighter's assistant.

* Caro reckons Jade's "club culture" comments won't hurt his chances. What will hurt him more is the way the team has played. Caro said there's a selfishness that has pervaded that club for a long time. Healy said there wasn't a culture problem at the Club against Essendon. It's a preparation problem rather than a cultural one.

* Healy said Joel should've been gone at the end of last year. Caro said he almost didn't get another year. No new coach will give Joel a new contract in response to a caller's question. The club won't want to lose Joel entirely as he has many skills. He's just finished as a player. Healy said Joel could have got a game at another club (Carl, Geel, Haw) 8 weeks ago if there was a midyear draft. Caro strongly said Joel is finished and changing jumpers midyear would destroy loyalty in footy. Healy couldn't see the difference between changing clubs midyear compared to the end of the year.

Ramps

The Rawlings NO is good news
The Richardson news whilst not my preferred is acceptable. Hardwick or Richardson would make good coaches IMHO.

The Richardson news whilst not my preferred is acceptable. Hardwick or Richardson would make good coaches IMHO.

Is this what you call hedging your bets?

:lol

Ramps

Is this what you call hedging your bets?

:lol

Nah Ive always said my preference is for Hardwick to get the job and if not then Richardson is 2nd. Hinkley would be my 3rd choice and Jade my 4th choice.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
I would be very surprised if it is known next week

2nd round interviews, then final candidates present to the board - wont happen in a week

Unless we abandon the "process"

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Nah Ive always said my preference is for Hardwick to get the job and if not then Richardson is 2nd. Hinkley would be my 3rd choice and Jade my 4th choice.

But Richardson doesn't meet your criteria or does having coached a flag in local footy count?

If so be careful with your criteria  ;) ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ramps

But Richardson doesn't meet your criteria or does having coached a flag in local footy count?

If so be careful with your criteria  ;) ;D

Im just investigating as we speak  ;D and if it doesnt work out how I want ... Ill do what all Richmond supporters would do ... Id change the criteria to fix the result  :lol

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame

2nd round interviews, then final candidates present to the board - wont happen in a week

It was said that if there was one stand out the process could be very quick, compared to if there were 3 where the final stage could be an extended affair.

However I can't see us making an announcement until the end of round 22.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
The club said many many weeks ago as I mentioned that the final decision would be announced within the final week of our last game and I think they look like following that time line. They stuffed up naming Wallace with Spud still in there and surely they couldn't dp it again... :whistle ::)

I am stilll going for Hardwick but Hinkley was my second choice, if Richardson gets it then so be it but I don't think Jade can cut it now.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
We do not want Richardson, he has done nothing. Did he develop any of our kids when he was at Coburg, the answer to that is NO. He has a recommendation from Mathew Knights Who is a coaching nobody and who himself will not get another contract with the bombers. What did Richardson do at Collingwood? Nothing, they improved when he left.

It has to be Hardwick or Hinkley, both KNOW what it takes to win a premiership, Hardwick as a player and assistant coach, you can't buy that experience. It better be Hardwick.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Footy Brain.

• Tiger Rookie
We do not want Richardson, he has done nothing. Did he develop any of our kids when he was at Coburg, the answer to that is NO. He has a recommendation from Mathew Knights Who is a coaching nobody and who himself will not get another contract with the bombers. What did Richardson do at Collingwood? Nothing, they improved when he left.

It has to be Hardwick or Hinkley, both KNOW what it takes to win a premiership, Hardwick as a player and assistant coach, you can't buy that experience. It better be Hardwick.

"It has to be Hardwick or Hinkley, both KNOW what it takes to win a premiership"

What about Peter Sumich?

Think long and hard before you answer.

Ramps

"It has to be Hardwick or Hinkley, both KNOW what it takes to win a premiership"

What about Peter Sumich?

Hardwick is the standout because he has success at 3 different clubs, seen and experienced 3 different cultures, Sumich has only been at the Eagles. He is similar to Harvey, stayed to long at 1 club and not gone outside to see whate else he could learn.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia

Especially when Brendan Gale wants to be involved but doesn't start for another 2 weeks!
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
We do not want Richardson, he has done nothing. Did he develop any of our kids when he was at Coburg, the answer to that is NO.

When he was coaching Coburg, Frawleys policy was to trade our picks and not select kids  :rollin

That's why he couldn't develop any.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame

What about Peter Sumich?

[/quote]

I'm so glad Peter Sumich is out of the running. He was one of the worst, most unreliable kicks in history (old hook foot I used to call him in his playing days.) If he'd had any hands-on work with our players, he'd have turned them into worse deliverers and finishers of the footy than they already are now. Incidentally, I still hold him personally responsible for the Mudpies winning the 1990 flag. He had the chance to put them in mothballs with a fairly simple shot for goal in an Elimination or Semi Final (can someone clarify this??) and fluffed it. Unforgiveable.