Author Topic: Caro and Healy on 3aw - we may know new coach in a week; Richardson firming  (Read 3545 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
You're all way off the mark.  It's a putsch - Tigermonk is taking over as match day coach with Moi as his Director of Coaching and Brackets as Fitness Co-ordinator.  Should be interesting.

;D

Tigermonk

;D good one smoke  :thumbsup tell ya what l reckon l could coach better than Wallace & Rawlings

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Im beginning to like richo as an option, fact he has coached own side and impressed speraks volumes tro me :thumbsup
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland

Hopefully the source hasnt been on the sauce. If its true then irrespective of what has been written here on these boards over the last 2 weeks, irrespective of which candidate you think should get the job we should all be on board if this gets up. It would be another great Coup for our club.

And no I do not consider any of the 4 candidates currently being named as being a Huge coup.

As I said its just a rumour. I dont want to say more coz It may or may not be bulldust. Hopefully its true. It would be fantastic for our club IMHO.

Sheedy wouldn't be a coup given we could have had him 2 weeks ago.
Matthews yes.
Malthouse yes.

The only other ones are the unattainables - Thompson, Roos, Woosha, Lyon etc and none of those are going to come.

So I think Ramps' source is saying either Matthews or Malthouse.

Jackstar is back

My sauces or sources tell me that a HUGE BOMBSHELL could be looming on this issue :gotigers

What have you hird?
That's funny! Clever play on words.  :clapping

Hopefully the source hasnt been on the sauce. If its true then irrespective of what has been written here on these boards over the last 2 weeks, irrespective of which candidate you think should get the job we should all be on board if this gets up. It would be another great Coup for our club.

And no I do not consider any of the 4 candidates currently being named as being a Huge coup.

As I said its just a rumour. I dont want to say more coz It may or may not be bulldust. Hopefully its true. It would be fantastic for our club IMHO.

L, Matthews

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame

Sorry, just a wild guess. It was his article in the Herald Sun telling Bucks to take on the Richmond job that set me thinking tho... :-\

The article had the same effect on me too.
It's like being at a nightclub and encouraging your ugly mate to have a crack at the hot chick over by the bar.
:lol v funny.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
My sauces or sources tell me that a HUGE BOMBSHELL could be looming on this issue :gotigers

What have you hird?
That's funny! Clever play on words.  :clapping

L, Matthews
Don't believe he's interested in being a senior coach again. That's what Lethal has said publicly anyway. Maybe tempt him more with a coaching director role - analyse and mentor our coaches.

eg:
Football Head Manager: Craig Cameron
Coaching Director: Matthews
Chief opposition and tactical analyst: Laidley
Senior Coach: Hardwick, Hinkley or Richardson?
Assistant Coaches: Campbell, ?, ?
Development Coaches: McRae, Johnson, Rawlings (Coburg)
Chief Recruiter: Francis Jackson
Fitness and conditioning staff: Clean out....
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Tigermonk

eg:
Football Head Manager: Craig Cameron
Coaching Director: Matthews
Chief opposition and tactical analyst: Laidley
Senior Coach: Hardwick, Hinkley or Richardson?
Assistant Coaches: Campbell, ?, ?
Development Coaches: McRae, Johnson, Rawlings (Coburg)
Chief Recruiter: Francis Jackson
Fitness and conditioning staff: Clean out....

MT the fantasy was working till you stuffed up the DEVELOPMENT COACHES   ::)

Ramps

Only a big name like Matthews or someone with the reputation of Hardwick can do this job.

Jackstar is back

Only a big name like Matthews or someone with the reputation of Hardwick can do this job.

Yep only a big name.
After today, only Matthews, forget about the process.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame

Yep only a big name.
After today, only Matthews, forget about the process.

I guess no one will coach us then

Ramps

Matthews has been uncertain of what he wants to do - Hardwick should be offered the job tonight IMHO.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Matthews has been uncertain of what he wants to do - Hardwick should be offered the job tonight IMHO.
Matthews has been very certain and clear in the fact he has no desire to continue coaching

Ramps

Matthews has been very certain and clear in the fact he has no desire to continue coaching

Then we should be giving the job to Damien Hardwick this evening.

Having coached your own side is no real advantage as Rawlings has proved. The only thing that counts is AFL Premiership experience and Hardwick has that in spades.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame

Can I ask what has changed in the past 24 hours?  They played the same today as they have been playing for the last 3 - 4 weeks (sorry, season).  If anyone saw anything in today's game that they hadn't seen for most of the year then they are kidding themselves.  Our new coach will have plenty of ability to work with and how he gets the utmost of that ability out of the playing group will be the important thing.  Hardness for hardness sake is way overrated - the new coach's challenge will be to instill hardness in the players and that does not necessarily mean being hard yourself.  Strength of character will be a key - don't confuse that with 'hardness'.  As long as our process places this attribute high on the list then we will do ok, regardless of who it is.