Author Topic: Give us your 1, 2, 3, 4 as at 19 August  (Read 5434 times)

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Give us your 1, 2, 3, 4 as at 19 Augast
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 01:39:51 PM »
1. Hinkley
2. Richardson
3. Hardwick

4. Rawlings

ditto

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Give us your 1, 2, 3, 4 as at 19 August
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009, 02:17:34 PM »
I really don't know enough about Hinkley, Hardwick or Richardson to make an informed judgment. On the other hand I have seen enough of Jade to know he would be my last preference.

Stripes

Think that goes for most of us! Just perception rather than anything else.

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 02:19:28 PM »
1. Hinkley
2. Rawlings

3. Richardson

4. Hardwick
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2009, 02:38:47 PM »
1/ ben cousins ( playing coach )

Got more knowledge than all four put together.
That tells you alot about the 4 applicants ::)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 02:49:34 PM »

ohhh great...no matter what happens, another 3 years of Jacks coach bagging coming up hot and steaming! :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

For me

Hardwick
Hinkley
Richardson

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2009, 02:53:15 PM »
ohhh great...no matter what happens, another 3 years of Jacks coach bagging coming up hot and steaming! :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Definitely something to look forward to isnt it

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2009, 03:46:12 PM »

Jack you keep mentioning Cousins as a player coach.

Also you keep saying how Sheeds had an innovative succession plan if he were to get the job and it wasn't James Hird but someone else.

Sheeds spoke to Cousins and effectively got him to Punt Road.

I would have thought coaching was the last thing on Cuz's mind but putting 2 and 2 together (prob getting 5) did Sheedy want to groom Cousins to coach us in 2-3 years time?

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
Re: Give us your 1, 2, 3, 4 as at 19 Augast
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2009, 03:54:17 PM »
1. Hinkley
2. Richardson
3. Hardwick

4. Rawlings

My feelings exactly
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Jackstar is back

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2009, 04:42:46 PM »

Also you keep saying how Sheeds had an innovative succession plan if he were to get the job and it wasn't James Hird but someone else.

I would have thought coaching was the last thing on Cuz's mind but putting 2 and 2 together (prob getting 5) did Sheedy want to groom Cousins to coach us in 2-3 years time?

The Ben Cousins thing was in jest.
Will say this though.
Sheeds did have a succession plan,
He offered his services to the club with a succession plan .
March told him, the he didnt want him as coach. Thus Sheeds pulled out as a candidate -FACT
Major reason being that Sheeds wanted a ""complete clean out" of the club,all board members and all senior positions.
March told him to go and jump.
It is true that Sheedy instigated-masterminded in getting Cuz to Punt Road, not Wallace.
In the current climate, I would of thought the K. Sheedy model would of been great for our football club.
Now we will get a coach that has been overlooked by other clubs, you figure that out.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2009, 04:45:32 PM »
Will say this though.
March told him, the he didnt want him as coach. Thus Sheeds pulled out as a candidate -FACT
Major reason being that Sheeds wanted a ""complete clean out" of the club,all board members and all senior positions.
It is true that Sheedy instigated-masterminded in getting Cuz to Punt Road, not Wallace.
In the current climate, I would of thought the K. Sheedy model would of been great for our football club.
Now we will get a coach that has been overlooked by other clubs, you figure that out.

Fair enough.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2009, 04:48:12 PM »

Let me know what other jobs Richardson, Hinkley and Rawlings applied for to be overlooked.  ???  Because if you didn't know they chose not to apply for the Kangas job.  FACT.  ;)

Yeah, nailed the fact and the wink and all.  On fire.   :rollin
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2009, 06:16:07 PM »
Can't really split the top 3, they all have strengths and weaknesses. Would be nice if we could get more than one of them.

4. Rawlings

Offline sugark

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2009, 06:24:25 PM »

Will say this though.

JJ, Sheeds was overlooked by Melbourne for D.Bailey of all people

By your last comment you are assuming that we appoint Hardwick that we are getting someone that was overlooked by other clubs.  If we appoint Hinkley or Richardson are they people that have been overlooked by other clubs...no they are not.

The same way that Sheedy and Malthouse were given a chance as untried coaches we are about to do the same to someone and you never know what we may unearth.

But what the heck these sort of FACTS don't suit your argument, and you will continue to rubbish all things Richmond because they didnt see anything in you.

I'll say it again, let it go and support the Tiges instead of carrying this bitter grudge forever and a day.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2009, 07:29:41 PM »

Will say this though.

JJ, Sheeds was overlooked by Melbourne for D.Bailey of all people

By your last comment you are assuming that we appoint Hardwick that we are getting someone that was overlooked by other clubs.  If we appoint Hinkley or Richardson are they people that have been overlooked by other clubs...no they are not.

The same way that Sheedy and Malthouse were given a chance as untried coaches we are about to do the same to someone and you never know what we may unearth.

But what the heck these sort of FACTS don't suit your argument, and you will continue to rubbish all things Richmond because they didnt see anything in you.

I'll say it again, let it go and support the Tiges instead of carrying this bitter grudge forever and a day.

I let it go ages ago, aint got nothing to do with me, so why you keep referring to me :banghead
I couldnt give a stuff actually.
What I will say that knowing the applicants involved, I wouldnt think success is close by.
None of the applicants have the presence to impose themselves on this club, as the problem is much more deeper, as we all know ;)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2009, 08:31:26 PM »
I really don't know enough about Hinkley, Hardwick or Richardson to make an informed judgment. On the other hand I have seen enough of Jade to know he would be my last preference.

Stripes

Actually you make a good point there Stripes and with that in mind and using that criteria I stick to what I've believed all along

1. Rawlings
2. Richardson

3. Hinkley (and yes I have watched the video speech)

4. Hardwick
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)